Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mega Millions 105 Million Tonight - What Would You Do?

I would move as close as I could to LokiDog's heaven. I'd scoop litter pans, clean out bunny hutches, refill food and water dishes, muck out the horse barns, and generally be useful.

I'd send my youngest nieces to college, my nephew and my oldest niece to grad school.

I'd replace my sister's car which is on its very last legs.

I'd buy a summer place with a huge porch and some rocking chairs.

And I'd rest.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

That is exactly what I would do but I would do it in England as I have always wanted to live there.
    I would have a huge hospital and my niece the vet would be in charge. I would offer free shots and neuter or spay for every animal and I would hire the best lawyers so that those that abuse animals would suffer to the fullest extent of the law,
    I would buy the biggest piece of land that I could, somewhere with trees and wide open spaces.

I would construct large buildings with heated floors.
    I would go to every mattress and furniture outlet so I could find and buy beds and couches and comfy chairs.
    I would hire a full time Vet.
    I would hire a special cook.
    I would buy rope toys and squeaky toys.
    I would buy rawhide's and kong balls.
    I would buy catnip and rubber mice.
    I would buy cages for hamsters and bunnies.
    I would build paddocks for horses and llamas.

AND THEN

I would create a home for every animal who needs one and would make sure that none of them are ever turned away.

If I won the lottery, I would create heaven.
    [/QUOTE]

The state of Illinois just started offering Powerball about 6 or 8 weeks ago. The jackpot is now around $200 million. Man oh man, all the things I could do with even one percent of that money!

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I would move as close as I could to LokiDog's heaven. I'd scoop litter pans, clean out bunny hutches, refill food and water dishes, muck out the horse barns, and generally be useful.

I'd send my youngest nieces to college, my nephew and my oldest niece to grad school.

I'd replace my sister's car which is on its very last legs.

I'd buy a summer place with a huge porch and some rocking chairs.
    My sister's car is even more on its last legs than when i posted this!

One other thing I'd do is move my 70-something parents to accessible housing, maybe an independent living center. They have lived in their house since before I was born and it is getting a lot harder for them to manage.

I'd set up a scholarship fund for PTers or their relatives studying medicine (human or animal) or any other worthwhile subject, which would be defined as basically anything one can learn. And a fund for PTers needing help with veterinary or other bills. That should use up all the money nicely, I think.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Maybe I should buy a ticket or two then!

I'd spend about two years traveling and just living other places. It's no fun just to travel, I'd want to spend some good time in each place like I did in Wales, only renting nicer places than the trailer I slept in!
    When I came home, I'd buy a Toyota Tundra, a horse trailer, an appendix quarter horse or a paint cross, a small house either in Onalaska, WI or northern Illinois, and I'd start back up teaching lessons and go to college for history and humanities because I know I'm not happy if I'm not busy and I'm most happy when I'm busy with horses.
    Oh and I'd also get to work on all the costumes I want to make and I would never miss another Doctor Who con again!

Niño & Eliza

I'd ask Paris Hilton out on a date.

"I'm Back !!"

She should be so lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    She should be so lucky
    I'm not thinking about her luck, I'm thinking about mine...hee hee

"I'm Back !!"

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    With my luck, I'd drop dead from shock.............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Wom

I'm not thinking about her luck, I'm thinking about mine...hee hee
    I guess Diggers go for Diggers.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    Wom
    I guess Diggers go for Diggers.
    I dig that !!!

"I'm Back !!"

The jackpot is at $400 million for Wednesday's Powerball. If I won that kind of money I would go straight out and buy a pair of Sorel or La Canadienne snow boots. The ones that cost a bundle but keep your feet warm and dry, no matter what. Heck, I'd buy one pair for dress and one for everyday. This winter I've gotten what I paid for as far as snow boots - cold, wet feet. I'd still buy the summer house and set up the Pet Talk funds (please see #18).

I'd buy a couple hundred acres in the Catskill Mountains. I'd keep maybe 5 of it to build my dream log cabin house with minimum impact on the environment and would use the cabin builders that plant another tree every tree they use. I'd live there with Amigo and my Irish Setter named Ginger, there would also be a run-in shed for my llama named Snert. Secluded but not isolated. The rest would be designated as a wildlife refuge where the only changes to the ecosystem would be what the animals make themselves. No hunting would be very strictly enforced. You can go in the refuge but only on foot or horseback - no bikes or vehicles of any kind, again strictly enforced. And no interference with the visiting wildlife in the refuge will be tolerated. My dream log cabin house will be big enough for friends to come to enjoy the peace and serenity. Every autumn when the leaves are at peak there will be a big party.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE