Thread: Bad weather

Bad weather

Well the waether has got pretty bad here now in the UK, so much so that I have had to keep the buns indoors in their hutches, they haven't been able to go into the run in the garden, its a shame as they looks so bored in there hutches. i let Bunny out to run around the room tonight for a while but she is so destructive, she throws things all over the roon and rips up things, I have to chase her, it's so funny, LOL! I just hope it becomes a bit drier soon so they can go in the garden again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That is such a cute picture of Bun. I hope the weather gets better soon so Bun can go outside again.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

What a cute picture of Bun !
    Your country is next to mine ; so guess how the weather is like here .... Yep , it is raining too ! Billie the bun and Jasper the guinea pig , are both in their hatches too. I hate it to put them there , but I have no choice ... ! It is also getting far to cold to let them run around in their run ! I won't try to let Billie not Jasper to run around in the livingroom ... as little Inka would chase it and Maya would be sooooooooooo scared ..!

Portable Fencing???

Hey Heather,
    have you checked with your local pet shops to see if they carry portable fencing or portable pens? They are usually sold for puppies but are excellent pens for rabbits and other small animals. It gives them room to hop about and get some exercise without them being able to get at furniture or electrical wires or make a mess on the whole floor.

That's what I use when I want my buns out for exercise but can't watch them or want to limit where they can go. In fact the House Rabbit Society is now recommending these to be used in place of cages/hutches since they have so much more room than cages.

Just a thought
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

Hi Daisy, you have just given me a thought. They have a portable run, but my rabbits arent well litter trainned at all. I suppose I could bring it into the kitchen and put newspaper on the floor and let them run about while I'm cleaning out the hutches tomorrow.

Thanks for that thought! Your a star (as usual).

Great! I just hope you have someone to help you carry it and get it thru the back door!!!! Let us know if this works for you and the furkids.
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

It was a bit less damp today so I put the buns out in the garden just for a few hours though. But I will try the run in the kitchen sometimes, yes it might prove to be a bit difficult to move about inside, I will let you know how it goes.