View Poll Results: How Often Do You Bath Your Dogs?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once every 2 weeks

6 28.57%
  • Once a month

8 38.10%
  • Once every 3 months

2 9.52%
  • Once every 6 months

4 19.05%
  • Once a year

0 0%
  • Take Dog(s) to Groomer

1 4.76%
  • Other

2 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Often Do You Bath Your Dog??

How Often Do You Bath Your Dog??

ok so I hope I do this right, but I was wondering how often everyone baths their dog, and not just take it to the groomer but actually bath your dog at home in the tub or outside or whereever, I am wondering if I bath my dogs to much, lol. I just recently had to take my red boy, Phoenix, to the vet for his itchy dry skin, my vet didn't say I bathed him to much but just wanted to see what the consensus says. Thanks all

~thank you Krista for my siggy~
    www.k9bsl.com

I have a black Belgian Shepherd with long, fine hair and he won't let us groom him, so Smokey goes to the groomer about every two months.
    My mexi-mutt Katie is so little and shorthaired, I can just spot clean her. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by kittenwhiskerz View Post
    I have a black Belgian Shepherd with long, fine hair and he won't let us groom him, so Smokey goes to the groomer about every two months.
    My mexi-mutt Katie is so little and shorthaired, I can just spot clean her. LOL!
    lol kittenwhiskerz, I can understand that and spot cleaning, how would you do that?? Is that like spitting on your tumb to wipe your son's mouth off, cause he ate choclate donuts for breakfast, lol

www.k9bsl.com

Back nails trimmed once a month (heck they hardly grow cuz of our walks)

front nails done every week

Tooth brushing every 3rd day or so

And a SHOWER every 2 weeks. Chino hates baths. But he loves the shower LOL

And I use very gentle shampoo to keep his skin moist

thanks Oz, good health is so very important, I have never brushed any of my dogs teeth but they chew on enough stuff that even the vet has told me they don't need their teeth brushed, lol

www.k9bsl.com

Koko is a Lab/Golden mix with hair length like a golden. She tends to get dry flakey skin, on her back, in the late summer into the fall. I have a special shampoo that she has to be bathed in about every two weeks. I usually get her in the shower with me in the cool weather and I bath her outside in the summer. She hates the word "shower" and if I mention, "it is time for a shower", she runs off and hides. I don't know why because she is a water dog and loves to swim.

I have heard dalmatians shouldn't be washed more than two times a year because of thin fur and the use of body oils to make their fur clean. They are naturally clean dogs that shouldn't smell. I bathed Honda maybe twice a year. I bathe Delta when she gets dirty, but once she's older, only 2 times a year. I have already seen the negatives of washing her too much. Lol She has dry flakies on her back and sometimes will itch for awhile after baths. It dries her skin out. I now use a conditioner because I hear it's supposed to help sooth their skin. And a moisturizing shampoo.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

I try to do the once every two weeks, some weeks I get lazy and I don't and other times if they NEED a bath from rolling in the mud or whatever the case, they'll get it. Sometimes I take them to the groomer.
    MY RUGRATS

Once a month usually for me.They never really get stinky.Normally I give them baths just to help knock dirt and grass off from rolling around outside.

I voted every 2 weeks but sometimes I do it weekly. Theres been a lot of snow and then snow melt recently so the backyard has stayed pretty moist. I love to let my dogs run around inside but they gotta get cleaned up first.

We shower them every few weeks.. maybe a month to 5 weeks. Depends on how stinky they are. If I notice a 'dog' smell... its time. Or if they feel greasy.

All three are short hair.. so the shower is easy. I dunno what I'd do with a long haired dog. Probably get it groomed.. Zeke used to clog the shower with all his hair.. and he wasn't quite long haired.

Forgot the nail trimming... We try to do that every week and a half or so to keep them short. Its a two person job with all three, so usually before we go to bed, we'll do it. And that way, they're all half asleep on the bed anyways, so their calmer.
    Last edited by Seravieve; 01-05-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

I used to bathe the 3Ms every week.. but then I realized that they don't smell nor get dirty at all after one week, so I bathed them every 2 weeks for the longest time.

Now that I'm pregnant & getting tired more easily.. I bathe them every 3 weeks..

I have the feeling that after the baby comes, I'll be bathing them every month

I brush them every other day, so they don't have any matte.. that plus they're indoor dogs who're pretty clean by themselves (they don't dig, or like to have their feet wet, so they stay away from the mud as much as possible!).. so it helps, too.

Thanks ~Jessie~

I voted for once a month, but that is during the summer months. During the winter, or even when it's cold out, they don't get bathed as often.... But I LOVE the hot/cold water my dad installed on the side yard for me! (I think the dogs like it too?!)

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I have 4 short-legged white dogs. Three o them o NOT play with toys or with other dogs, So they get a one hour walk (about 2 miles) at least 5 days per week. All 7 days if the win chill is above 30, or if it is not pouring rain. 'Nuff said.

WHY did I have to all in love with short white dogs? I try to hold off to once every 2 weeks. I use sensitive skin shampoos, NO bleach shampoos, and I add oil to their food daily, all to try and compensate

I bath the Rock about 2 to 3 times a year.
    (in the winter he just gets a quick hose off on his legs & paws so he doesn't bring a lot of mud into the house.)
    When he was young I rarely had to trim his nails, he filed them down naturally with his scratch dance.
    Now that he is old, I have to clip his nails every couple of weeks or so.
    I tried brushing his teeth when he was younger but with his
    gums and tongue getting in the way, I gave up and I just give him bones to keep his teeth clean.

----<---<--<{(@