Thread: Highland Lynx

Highland Lynx

Here is a breed you may not know... The Highland Lynx (and Desert Lynx). Known as Highlander under TICA.

Here is an old picture of our male (he was 5 months old)

Here is a picture of one of our female (she was really young on that one)

And a picture of another of our female (really young too).

Our updated pictures are not yet on our website as our male is now almost 3 years and our females are almost 2 years old.

Highland Lynx has curled ears (backward curl not frontward like the Foldex), short tail and sometimes the tail is rumpy like our female on the second picture. They most of the time have big paws (polydactyle) as you can see on the male picture. They are like dogs... they play, cuddle, ask for attention, fetch... they "talk" to you want they want something... They're quite amazing cats! It's a dog in a cat body.

They have multiple patterns and furr colors. The male (Simba) is Charcoal/Silver Clouded leopard. The first female (Coccinelle, in French, means Lady Bug) is Bronze Leopard and the second femaile (Zarina) is also bronze leopard. We have silver leopard, snow leopard, bronze clouded leopard and ticked.

We are breaders from Quebec, Canada.

Our website is felinsadorables.com

Adorable kitties! I had not heard of the breed, thank you for posting! Some of the personality traits remind me of my own mixed breed tabby.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Those kittens have American Curl in them. Look at their ears. I had an American Curl, Carley the Curly Girl. She was beautiful. She is now living in the UP of Michigan along with my Maine Coon mix, Fawnie.

Here's an American Curl kitten.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

They're gorgeous. I enjoy going to cat shows but I haven't ever heard of or seen this breed until now. This must be a fairly new breed. I haven't been to a TICA cat show in a quite a while though. It seems that only the Cat Fancier's Association has cat shows near me now and I know that they don't have Bengals there like at the TICA shows.

They are all so beautiful!!!!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

She looks like an American Curl/Bengal cross. Beautiful!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

It's know as Highland Lynx under The Rare and Exotic Feline Registry (REFR).

The Highland Lynx is a crossbreed between Desert Lynx and Jungle Curl. The Desert Lynx origins are from the Bobcat and the Jungle Curl is a crossbreed from the Jungle cat. So the Higland Lynx does not have American Curl in the breed. I guess they are both somewhat related to Jungle Curl...

This breed was created by the Timberline cattery in 1995. He is now breeding a new breed. I think it's called the Mohave Bob... just Google his cattery name.

If you're planning to get one, beware of certain cattery in the USA as we bought one from Ama... Gra... Cattery and the cat was full of fleas and ringworm.

If there's a "curl" in it's name, then chances are that's why the ears curl the way they do.

They are gorgeous cats.

Highland Lynx Calendar

I thought my fellow Highland Lynx cat lovers might want to know the very first 2012 calendar of the Highland Lynx is available now! I have wanted a calendar of these beautiful and exotic cats for years and finally there is one. You can see a preview and find out more at http://www.shepherdslairbobtailcats....-calendar.html.