Thread: Soggy mice

Soggy mice

Hi,
    I have a 7 month old kitten named Simon. He's a great kitty...playful, affectionate, and uses his litter box all the time!!

He loves those little fake mice (the grey/white ones) and will play with them for hours and carry them around. Needless to say he loses them in weird places so I keep getting more for him. Lately he's been putting them in his water bowl! I think he's trying to drown them or something. Any suggestions on how to keep him from doing that? The other morning there were 2 of them floating in there. One day he would dunk it in the bowl and then bring it to me since he likes to play "fetch" with them.

Lately he's been a little hyper at night and getting into things he shouldn't like wires behind the tv and under the bed. Any suggestions on how to keep him away from them? Do those bitter sprays work? We make sure and give him plenty of play time...he's got tons of toys and a cat tree too.

Any ideas would be great? Also, I'm looking for suggestions on more things to keep him occupied on his own at night when he's being hyper so that I can sleep.

Thanks,
    Erin

I know get him a playmate.. I am serious.. It will work wonders.. Oh by the way any pics of this wittle one??

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    You may just have to put up with a lifetime of soggy mice.

My son's twin girl cats are about 6 years old, and they still like to put any object they can get hold of, into their water dish.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Mice in the water...sorry, Pinot's two and a half and still does it on occasion. You just have to dry them out or throw them away!

Night zoomies are something they have to grow out of a bit...very normal. None of us get sleep during them! It's just kittenhood...patience, dear, patience...
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Just curious because this is my first kitten. I've always had adult cats. When does he actually become an adult? I know he's in the adolescent stage right now but I was just wondering.

Never.. Well it is usally at 1 yr of age is concidered Adult.. But my 8 yr olds still play like kittens..
    Quote Originally Posted by emo View Post
    Just curious because this is my first kitten. I've always had adult cats. When does he actually become an adult? I know he's in the adolescent stage right now but I was just wondering.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I too am a victim of the Soggy Mice Syndrome.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Another mom to a cat that LOVES to put the toy mice in the water bowl!!! Try playing with your kitten for about one hour BEFORE you go to bed. That works in our house, and the cats and humans ALL sleep at night. ALSO, be sure to put ALL the toys away before going to bed!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

I used to never have the soggy mice/toy problem until just recently and I can't understand why it just started happening. My youngest cat is 3. I've just been drying them out. Some of my cats still do the night zoomies and they are 3,4,and 9 years old. Some cats are eternal kittens.

All of our kitties have decided to give their mousies a drink/bath at one time or another; it's just a kitty thing For the cords behind the TV and such; we tie up the extra length with twist-ties, and use a couple of old fireplace screens to block off the back of the TV. The hour of play before bed thing REALLY works
    Too many pets? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Daddy View Post
    Woke up yesterday morning and mousie was doing the back stroke in the porceline pool. My six year old furgirl never did that before! She must have been reading this thread over my shoulder!
    Yup - I think Pinot and Grace have been in cahoots!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!