Thread: Ol' gray Ginger

Ol' gray Ginger

Just a head shot of Ginger resting her old gray head on the floor.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

She's gorgeous!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Very Cute!How old is Ginger.

My Maggy will be 7 in May and her face is already gray.

Aww, gotta love the older dogs. Makes me miss my Honda. If she wasn't white, she'd probably have a face full of grays.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

GINGER is 9

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Jordan View Post
    Very Cute!How old is Ginger.

My Maggy will be 7 in May and her face is already gray.
    Ginger is a Beagle and never was properly marked - she would have been disqualified from any show because of it. As a pup, she was almost totally black, as she grew she had some traditional brown markings pop through, but still missing the white underbelly, paws, snout and tail tip. My husband bought her from breeder who sold her to him for "half price" because he did not think she was saleable. He actually went there to buy a dog for his father. When the breeder brought out the litter, he left one in the cage. Dan looked over the pups (all traditional tri-colored) and settled on one. Then he asked the breeder about the one he left in the cage (thinking maybe he was saving her). That's when the breeder said, "Oh. you don't want her... I don't know what I am going to do with that one". Dan had him bring her out and fell in love with her and her uniqueness. So instaed of coming home with one dog for his DAD!!! We were the new proud owners of a pup too!

GINGER is 9 - almost 10

In answer to your original question. She will be 10 in March. But... she has had that gray face for a long time. It started almost at around 4-5 years. Since she never had a white snout - it almost looked like one at first. But as it kept creeping up and around her eyebrows - it was apparent that it was all gray - actually making her look older than she really is.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsmom View Post
    In answer to your original question. She will be 10 in March. But... she has had that gray face for a long time. It started almost at around 4-5 years. Since she never had a white snout - it almost looked like one at first. But as it kept creeping up and around her eyebrows - it was apparent that it was all gray - actually making her look older than she really is.
    That is a really cute Story!Maggy was about 4 also when the grey started coming through,It's funny how we pick,With Maggy i was intrested in her sister who was jumping all over me and licking me to death,Little Maggy was at the back of the Kennel not wanting to be touched,and my husband said those famous last words"I want her" I was in complete Aww..as i was really intrested in Maggy's sister,I think we would have been happy with either or,But Maggy is such a great girl,She has her quirks but what dog doesnt,She is my Border Collie.

Lacy is a unique story,More like Fate,Jamie took me to see a litter or Australian Shepherd pups,I seen Lacy and just her personality all the other pups at 5 weeks were crying because they were put out in the grass,Not Lacy she was grabbing everything she could and was doing zoomies around me,But the catch..Lacy was spoken for and i had picked out her brother a blue merle.My SIL had chosen the red tri male,So off we went to go pick our pups up they were a little over 7 weeks.As soon as i got there i was out with the husband,my sil and the pups,When the lady came out and said she had just gotten off the phone with the lady that was supposed to take Lacy,She had decided she was not ready for a dog,I was so happy,In the times we went to visit Lacy was the one i was always drawn too.So i always say she is my fate girl.

Molly she was in the same situation,She was going to be homed as a pet not a breeder because she did not have the size,and a underbite..And in the breeder world if there not perfect in every aspect there no good,She is perfect to me and a joy to have around.

What a sweet old girl!!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Thanks

Thank you Lori and everyone else. You have a good story too!!! But you're right about breeders - if a dog is not standard in any way, they take them out of the line. I guess it is a good thing and probably the responsible thing to do. But we could not be any happier with another Beagle. She is the sweetest, best behaved dog I've ever had - or seen for that matter. She has that prey drive and Dan takes her out into the field to let her run and trail rabbits, but she does not have to be on a leash in our yard. She sits on our deck with us, wanders the yard, not a barker (like many other Beagles) and is just generally a well trained dog. IT IS BOB - our shaggy guys who is the escape artist and just wants to see what is out there in the neighborhood. It is because of him that Dan has had to fence in the back, and Bob still manages to scale the fences or dig under them. He's a real scamp. He is a REAL SCAMP that one!
    Attached Images Attached Images