Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moral Dilemma

Yes, I do understand what you're saying, and your point of different treatment of pets is why I made the original post. I have a dilemma and wanted others opinions from a place where pets are first and foremost. These people mean a great deal to me and my husband, and this hurts me. I have not spread this all over the internet, I have not used their names, I have been doing what I can to try and save the life of a kitty who has done nothing wrong except to get older. I appreciate your input, aTailof2Kitties, it's another point of view.

Thank you carole, pomtzu, Indigo Bully, momto4 and others who have written positive support; it means a lot. I will keep doing my best.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I am glad she came back and posted about her comment, because i have to say a lot of it does make sense and i cannot argue with most of it,neither do i want to.

In Pinots Mom's defence though i have to say as she stated she has not put this on here with any bad intentions, just as she said herself for advice, there is nothing wrong with that, and we do not know these people and their identity is safe,so no harm done there.

I just hope you can find a happy solution Pinots mom that will ease your mind,and still keep your friendship in tact, i understand where you are coming from and you do have a dilemma somewhat to deal with,again all the best of luck.,here is hoping for a positive outcome.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Well Maggie - you know that I back you. I'm hoping you can convince your friends to rethink this whole thing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Perhaps if you show your friends some of the replies on this thread, they might have a change of heart. If the old cat was sick the kind thing would be to have it PTS but it isn't; it's simply old and there's no good reason that I can think of to have an old cat PTS. My Pidgie was a testament to what a quality life an old cat can live w/hardly any extra care involved. She needed meds twice a day; big deal. I hope all my Fur Posse live as long.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Momto4FemaleFelines View Post
    It is such a personal decision, deciding to euthanize...But if the cat is not ill...All I can say if it were mine, I'd provide him with his own room and spend as much time in there with him as I could. Let him finish living his life as King of His Room.
    YES. I totally agree. I can't imagine doing that to a cat I have had that long. Let him live out the end of his life in dignity if he is not ill. I'm so sad for this boy, I pray they have a change of heart or that someone can help him.
    Mommy to two beautiful fluffy boys, Emerson & Maddix, and 5 little ratties, Meadow, Lilybean, Bella, Chiyo and Kyah.

Pinots Mom can you find out why they have chosen this option, is it because they don't want to wait until he is ill, or they cannot be bothered with him now he is old, i feel somewhat confused on their reasonings.

I could well understand if he were ill and they chose not to medicate and prolong his life, that is a very personal decision and some people believe when old age and illness strikes a pet then the best and most humane option is to euthanize,and not prolong life with meds.

This decision they seem to have made just does not really make sense to me and i cannot understand their logic,if you can explain would be helpful.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Sorry, carole, didn't mean to ignore your question - I'm out of town and not checking that often.

The "reason" is that the one year olds have started going to the bathroom all over the house and for some reason they think it has something to do with the older kitty.

​GO RAVENS!!

Ah Yes i remember you posting that now, but thought surely there must be another reason, that is absurd, you really must try and talk with your friends, you say they are loving,caring people and good friends, so you should be able to talk freely with them about it and hopefully convince them differently,maybe their kitties have UTI's or something, i bet they never considered that might be a cause for them peeing where they should not.

Good luck with trying to change their minds, as this really is the most unfair thing i have ever heard.
    Furangels only lent.

I think the problem is with the younger kitties...maybe THEY should have a vet checkup. I mean - what if they have their way with the older kitty and STILL have the same problem? I am thinking if you put to them the MONEY aspect - that they would then have extra vet bills, and it is more economical to get the young ones checked first, they might do that.

Considering they don't 'listen to reason', they might listen to the money/hassle of extra vet trips perspective.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I think the problem is with the younger kitties...maybe THEY should have a vet checkup. I mean - what if they have their way with the older kitty and STILL have the same problem? I am thinking if you put to them the MONEY aspect - that they would then have extra vet bills, and it is more economical to get the young ones checked first, they might do that.

Considering they don't 'listen to reason', they might listen to the money/hassle of extra vet trips perspective.
    This is what I was going to say! Give them suggestions on ways to eliminate the pottying issue the younger cats are having. Vet check, feliway calming spray or plug in....I can't think of any other ideas at the moment. Maybe tell them that it may not be the older cat at all that is causing this (you may have already done this). Anyone else have suggestions on what they could do in terms of the younger kitties not using the box???
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

You can also tell them to buy some Cat Attract Litter by Dr. Elsey which they can get at Petsmart. I know it's on the expensive side but it works. It helped me when I was also having inappropriate peeing issues. I just put some of it on top of the old litter that I was using. They may also need more litter boxes. Even though the cats are indoor/outdoor,they may not like using the bathroom outside. They should have at least 3 litter boxes in low traffic places so that they'll have some privacy. Some cats also don't like covered litter boxes. Good luck.

Also, keep in mind that cats DO NOT like scented litter. Their noses are so much more sensitive/powerful then ours. Imagine going into a bathroom, choking on perfume each time...
    Don't know why they sell it!!!

This link has been posted before but I'll post it again here: http://www.catinfo.org/litterbox.htm. It has a lot of great information. I too use unscented litter. I can't stand the scented litters because they're too strong for me.

Thank you all for your suggestions - I will see them tomorrow and update.

​GO RAVENS!!

My husband and I spent the afternoon at Puss's house. Puss, I'm sorry to say, is really now on the decline. After my discussion with the husband, the kitties were isolated, and it was determined it was actually Puss that is doing the improper bathroom habit. He is also VERY slow, and is not cleaning himself well. The younger kitties have no animosity toward Puss. There is a vet visit scheduled for all the kitties in about a week. Again, thank you all for your suggestions. I'll update after the visit.

​GO RAVENS!!