Thread: A "Lunge Line" for Penny, lol ;)

A "Lunge Line" for Penny, lol ;)

Ok so for those who don't know my chocolate girl in my siggy pic, Penny, is epileptic, here about 3 months ago after she had an episode, I put her collar and leash on and we went for a walk/jog to drain some of the energy she has after one, just to put it in perspective, her episodes are brief about 30 seconds long, but it is equivalent to her running a 100 mile marathon in 30 seconds but never going anywhere, so when she "comes to" she has to do something, which is usually pacing for about an hour to an hour and a half. The walk/jog seemed to help her but it killed me, I have a bad back and the jogging is just not good for me. So on Monday morning, Penny woke us up at 2:45am with the first of three very nasty grand mals. SO I held her still after this was all over and put her harness on, hooked the leash to her and out the door we went in the freezing cold, and yes it was 25 degrees outside, lol

So we started to head downt he block, we got about 5 foot past our fence line and Penny stopped dead in her tracks, she would NOT budge, so I turned around and we walked back to the house, I got to the yard and she just kept going, so I stopped and she started going in circles, around and around and around, she would stop and turn direction and go the other way, we did this for about 45 minutes, went in the house, she paced for about 10 more minutes, gota big drink, I made her lay down and sang her her song. So my question is, can I make something stationary that will swivel in a 360 degree motion so that I can just hook her to it, the treadmill does not work as she wants to do more than just go forward. I already tried that , lol.

So any suggestions or ideas would be great Some sort of set up has to be possible that is safe for her and easy to use, that can also be broken down so as not to hurt them when they are in the back yard. Thanks all

~thank you Krista for my siggy~
    www.k9bsl.com

http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38009

I know you're not looking to make it for actual everyday exercise, but this is what I came up with. There is also a mill that is like a "turn table" that your dog walks on. I just for the life of me cannot think of what it's called. This one is a Catmill

Quote Originally Posted by cane76 View Post
    Google that b*tches
    I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back. -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Bully Connection View Post
    http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38009

I know you're not looking to make it for actual everyday exercise, but this is what I came up with. There is also a mill that is like a "turn table" that your dog walks on. I just for the life of me cannot think of what it's called. This one is a Catmill
    hmmm IBC, that is not a bad idea, I will show this to the b/f and see what he thinks. And no it wouldn't be for actual exercise just for her to be safe and not slam into stuff when she is coming around after her seizures, is much safer to walk her than have her bumpin into corners and walls and door handles, lol Thanks girl

~thank you Krista for my siggy~
    www.k9bsl.com