Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wierd food combo's

Hey! I'm willing to try anything. Nothing seems odd to me since I met John, who, as an Aquarius, is not from any known planet and had turned me on to things I never imagined.

OK, peanut butter on celery seems yukky to me, but I tried it and it was awesome. I usually dipped my stalks in mayo. Luckily, we both LOVE mayo on amything and buy Sam's Club's hugest jar.

Jam on scambled eggs made me laugh. My 96 y.o uncle, who I care for, told me that , while in the service, the only way to tolerate powdered scrambled eggs, was to add jam. He does that to this day. The other day he added peanut butter to the toast of his poached egg.

Although my "background-or whatever" prob. calls for it, herring in sour cream was something I said "CUT" to. But, I had it on homemade pumpernickle bread at a party and it was great. Who wooda thought?

My mom's dad used to eat "fat" (the stuff that accumilated in a pan if it's been in the fridge) sandwiches. Yeah, well, no wonder he died of heart problems. He also used to suck raw eggs. My Polish side adores pierogies. I can live on them.

To me, anything with mayo, salsa, or ketchup on it is eatable.

I'll try anything once. My mom used to roll her eyes and claim I was adopted!

I've been Boooo'd!

Wow! pierogies! Haven't had those for a good 20 years. Had a Polish friend who was sharing a house with myself & a few others. (things you do in your youth) His mother use to load him up with bags of them, which made a pleasant change from ordering a pizza after a nights activities.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

As a kid growing up in a town with a sizeable Polish population, most big "events," like weddings or potlucks had pierogies and galumpkis by the panful! It just doesn't - in my mind - seem like something one could buy in a small quantity and still be good! Of course, now I'll allergies to cabbage and some meats, and other veggies, so I couldn't eat them anyway, but ... I see the sad little frozen packages with two or four pierogies in the supermarket, and just think it's pathetic!
    I've Been Frosted

You could make "a few" galumpkis, but why would you want to?
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Why does 'galumpkis' sound like something out of the Grapes of Wrath?

The Mexicans were weak and fled, they had the Galumpkis. They could not resist, because they wanted nothing in the world as frantically as the Americans, who wanted to be rid of the malady.

Then, with time, the squatters were no longer squatters, but owners; and their children grew up and had children on the land got the galumpkis as it spread. And the hunger was gone from them, the feral hunger, the gnawing, tearing hunger for land, for water and earth and the good sky over it, but the Galumpkis also afffected the swelling roots.

Originally Chapter 19 from the GOW.....

The Mexicans were weak and fled. They could not resist, because they wanted nothing in the world as frantically as the Americans wanted land.

Then, with time, the squatters were no longer squatters, but owners; and their children grew up and had children on the land. And the hunger was gone from them, the feral hunger, the gnawing, tearing hunger for land, for water and earth and the good sky over it, for the green thrusting grass, for the swelling roots.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Pizza and ranch dressing I had this years ago while visiting my best friend and laughed but tried it - now I always want a little puddle of ranch dressing to dip my pizza in - especially the crust!!

My mom, aunt and grandmom made the best golumpki - now I am wanting some - need to get some cabbage from the store - but is that a weird food combination ?

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed View Post
    Pizza and ranch dressing I had this years ago while visiting my best friend and laughed but tried it - now I always want a little puddle of ranch dressing to dip my pizza in - especially the crust!!

?
    OMG yes pizza dipped in ranch is AWESOME

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I am addicted to Frank's Hot Sauce, put it on everything!

My one strange combo is mustard on my green beans. Have done it since I was a kid.

Jeff had a friend who put french dressing (the Kraft orange kind) on potato salad. Whatever.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I