Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FRIIIIIIIIIICKIN' A... when it rains it poors!

Hmmm... I really hope they can do something for her to at least make her feel better soon! If that means surgery, then so be it. Has she had past foreign bodies ingested before? Is that the reason for 4 anesthetic procedures? Silly girl...! If doc does have to go in, getting her spayed would be a good thing.

You are right about non-metal objects not showing up in radiographs.... when we did radiography last term in school, we (myself and other classmates) brought in our animals to practice on. One of my classmates has a 4# Chihuahua, 'Bella'. Well, miss Bella apparently ingested a staple. Luckily, she was one of the animals we practiced on, because we pointed it out to the DVM at school right away! Just one of my experiences with foreign bodies and x-ray!

Thanks for keeping us updated on your girl!!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    Hmmm... I really hope they can do something for her to at least make her feel better soon! If that means surgery, then so be it. Has she had past foreign bodies ingested before? Is that the reason for 4 anesthetic procedures? Silly girl...! If doc does have to go in, getting her spayed would be a good thing.

You are right about non-metal objects not showing up in radiographs.... when we did radiography last term in school, we (myself and other classmates) brought in our animals to practice on. One of my classmates has a 4# Chihuahua, 'Bella'. Well, miss Bella apparently ingested a staple. Luckily, she was one of the animals we practiced on, because we pointed it out to the DVM at school right away! Just one of my experiences with foreign bodies and x-ray!

Thanks for keeping us updated on your girl!!
    Eeew even little stables can cause rips especially in a teeny tiny Chi.

No, Indigos Anesthesia experiences were this:

1) Ear Crop
    2) X rays for the OFA
    3) her surgical Artificial insemination

This would be her fourth time under the gas if she needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by cane76 View Post
    Google that b*tches
    I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back. -Doug

wow....yes i kno that bout sharp objects.....i took first aid for humans and idk i guess i put two and two together....hehe....well i mean is u want her spayed that is ur choice.....do u have plans for her to have any more babies if not then i would let her be if not then i would spay her.........

Yes it very well could cause great damage! Thankfully, it DID pass!
    Oh, gotcha. How old is Indigo, by the way? She's a pretty girl.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by amberlynn View Post
    wow....yes i kno that bout sharp objects.....i took first aid for humans and idk i guess i put two and two together....hehe....well i mean is u want her spayed that is ur choice.....do u have plans for her to have any more babies if not then i would let her be if not then i would spay her.........
    She will never be bred again, i just wanted to keep her unaltered. My goal is to whip her butt into shape this year physically and Obedience wise, since i've babied her and didn't make her have any rules around the house lol. She is definitely show quality and I just want to make my dogs earn their keep at this point. When you have 6.... wait with mable it's 7 medium/large sized dogs they need to start earning their dog food from ya lol. I'd like to do some Rally and some confirmation with her. I intended to start her competition career a lot earlier, but life happens sometimes. Showing, and competing get expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    Yes it very well could cause great damage! Thankfully, it DID pass!
    Oh, gotcha. How old is Indigo, by the way? She's a pretty girl.
    Indigo is a little more than three years old. I wouldn't have bred her, but I bought her on a co-own. I had to take her back to her breeder to get bred. He was supposed to keep the boy out of the litter, but about 2 weeks into Indigos pregnancy he decided to back away from the American Bully community because of the scum and ignorance that is generally associated with the people behind the dogs. I have to admit, I got on his nerves alot... begged him for me to be able to keep Cree (he was already promised to a man in Philly)... he finally gave in and let me keep him. Ulysses was the most honest and moral man in the American Bully Community and I'm honored to own 4 of the dogs that he produced.

Quote Originally Posted by cane76 View Post
    Google that b*tches
    I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back. -Doug

Ya that is understandable....well i have 4 dogs two small and two big but we live in a 16 x 20 cabin so meaning it is jus one room.....ya that is fun..........