Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar 2010

Lady's Human
    NASCAR wants to know why they were losing TV share? They were losing TV share in part because the race coverage SUCKS! Give me MRN on the audio and the TV on mute and I'm a happy camper.
    I prefer listening to MRN myself. Eli Gold has been a real fan of mine since he is the sportscaster for Crimson Tide Football. Eli also has a local show for the Jox in our area and airs on WJOX. "Calling all Sports" will probably go to syndication like "Nascar live" on Feb 16th.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

Duels start in about an hour. It is time to go or go home!

Go Mikey!!!

Great races! So sad for Casey Mears. YaY for Kasey Kahne!! Awesome looking paint scheme also. I'm not as crazy about the crew suits. Not that they are bad looking when they are standing around, but the view of them during pit stops wasn't attractive. Maybe it was because I'd already seen the white suits on the Denny Hamlin "love" commercial!

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Have you seen the new Indy Car? Looks amazing.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/29446/
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Watching the interview with DE....

He seems like he's a little overwhelmed by life.

He doesn't seem to have the "I'm gonna kick yer arse, gut you and drink your blood..." attitude his dad had.

He is his own man, but I think that Senior's death weighed heavy on him and he was forced to fill dad's shoes.

He just wasn't allowed to be himself.

And that biatch, Theresa, didn't help matters either.

Awww, man, I wanted to see Chrissy do good today

The pups and I are all warm and cozy and watching the Nationwide race. Go Carl!

I enjoyed the Jr. interview. I sometimes wonder if he has too much on his plate.

I have a humble confession to make: I have disliked Danica for awhile. I didn't like her attitude and figured she'd fail miserably in NASCAR. But I gotta say... she's not doing as poorly as I had thought (and secretly hoped) she would. Granted she's only run a couple races so far....

Good race. I enjoyed it.

I had really hoped Chrissy would do better today. I also would have like to see more of a replay to see if we could see what happened. I am not a fan of Paul Menard, and since his daddy bought his way into the race it makes me that much more upset if he did wreck her....

I also think Carl was getting too much blame for the big wreck with Junior. Yes, he came up, but Krashlowski came down at the same time. I don't think it was either ones fault (as much I would LOVE to blame Brad), they just both timed it a fraction it wrong.

Great finish!! Tony is amazing in the Nationwide race. 5 of the last 6. Perhaps Kevin and DeLana could build him a cup car?

I set the DVR for the truck race but for whatever reason it recorded 1 minute and quit. So thankful for social media...still had a great idea of what happened from Twitter. And of course the video's on nascar.com

Can't wait for the 500 today!! Go SHR and JGR!!!

I have mixed views on paying teams to withdraw. Menard didn't qualify on his own, but in the end he gave it pretty a good run, plus all of the other teams were start-and-parks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    I have mixed views on paying teams to withdraw. Menard didn't qualify on his own, but in the end he gave it pretty a good run, plus all of the other teams were start-and-parks anyway.
    In this case, none of them really qualified becuase of the rain...it was the luck of the draw. That does make it a little easier to accept that they bought out the other teams. And maybe now one of those teams (Parker Kligerman's?) will be able to run the whole race at California. Parker was only supposed to run the first 8 races of ARCA last year and was doing so well he finished the season 2nd in points. I know Nationwide is a whole nother level, but I would love to see him get some track time and sponsorship. Right now they were only scheduled to try the first 5 races this year.

Richard...*knock* *knock* where are you?? No comments on all the coverage Danica got yesterday I must admit...even I got tired of it.
    I like what they called it on Speed this morning "The Datonika"

I've yet to see the end of the Nationwide although I did get to see the big wreck that put Danica out.

Only a couple more hours till the big one! Let's go Racin'!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66 View Post
    Richard...*knock* *knock* where are you?? No comments on all the coverage Danica got yesterday I must admit...even I got tired of it.
    I like what they called it on Speed this morning "The Datonika"

I've yet to see the end of the Nationwide although I did get to see the big wreck that put Danica out.

Only a couple more hours till the big one! Let's go Racin'!
    I fell asleep, Ive' been sick for the last week-LOL, Mental don't count.

I don't dislike her enough to see her get hurt or smashed up.

I come from the idea that people should pay their dues as they work their way up the ladder.

It's annoying because they gave Wallace an " oh, she's a girl racing", Yet DP gets treated like she walks on water.

CW is treated like a novelty, where DP is treated like she won the Indy, Daytona, the Rolex, Tour De France and the Iron Man Triathalon on the same day.

I do want to see a woman win races and kick some arse. But, just don't care for a prepackaged racer that the media is using to get people to tune in.

I want to choose which racer I 'consume'...Being force fed Danica just makes me look for it when I go number 2. And I mean Number 2, not the car!

Let's go racing, ladies?

------------

This week is like going on a sports bender for me.

Hockey, football was good this year, I got Olympics, racing for the last few days, I'll peek in at the basketball all star game?

Life is good.

I just saw the Kyle B commercial for the 'design the car/Toyota' contest.

I thought that was the funniest thing in a long time.

He scored some points w/me for wearing the 'kitteh firesuit".

----------------

Why is everyone taking a break over some messed up road?

In Cah Lee fuh nee ah, we drive over it until someone falls in.

NASCAR: "OK, the coldpatch isn't workin ---
    Here; everbuddy start chewing some Bubble Gum!"

New Problem:
    *Stompin in* the bubble gum - it's sticking to their shoes.