Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar 2010

My pick for fave to win it all, with 5 wins. Kasey kahne

Sorry, but poor Mark will be a brides Maid for a 6th time, if that close.

Richard, you dislike Dancia's personality, at least she has one. I dislike old
    syrupy overly humble white guys. My 3 least favorite drivers: two of them their
    numbers equal 16 and the other his number is 16. One is a cry baby, one
    is unbelievably arrogant, and the old guy that is just in it for the fun.

Richard---------Jill George suffered a crash on Lap 27 when she flipped her car.
    Last edited by kokopup; 02-06-2010 at 11:30 PM.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

My problem with Danica has many facets:

"I want to make sure I'm doing what's right for the Danica brand" -From an interview last year about going to NASCAR

Danica brand? Gimme a break. How about making sure you can drive the damned things?

She whines constantly on the radio in traffic.

She has trashed other female drivers, downplaying what Sarah Fisher and Janet Guthrie have done in racing. When asked about other female drivers who aren't Danica she gets downright catty.

She runs down Dan Wheldon in the pits, grabs him and starts yelling at him......yet she has caused many on track incidents through overly aggressive driving, to be polite, and has been shielded from criticism by the media.

She has huge money behind her, and a huge marketing machine.....but what has she won? One race in the IRL, nothing before that in lower divisions..........Without her looks, she wouldn't be where she is. She's done NOTHING to deserve it besides pose cute for the cameras.

Classic instance of the media playing to her? She checked up last night because she lost the car a little in the bumps, and before they even had time to look at what happened, DW had accused the driver behind Danica of driving rough and bumping her.....replays clearly show Danica simply losing the car a touch and backing out of the throttle, there's 2-3 feet of daylight between her car and the one behind her, yet, DW still maintained his position that the other driver had hit her.

Anyone else? They just checked up for the bumps. Danica? Couldn't be her fault, blame it on someone else.

I'm tired of the coverage, she's a rookie, there are 80 other drivers at Daytona, and they're covering Danica as if she's already a four time champion. The post race interviews were priceles....they cut to Danicavision immediately after a very short interview with Bobby Gerhart, and she finished 6th. Normally they'd be going after interviews with the others in the top 5.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Enjoyed racing last night (just knew Tony wouldn't win), now I can't wait for next week

You know Richard, I kept rooting for that GO DADDY car...then I remembered...oh yeah it's not Danica it's Mark Martin

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

lady's human
    My problem with Danica has many facets:

"I want to make sure I'm doing what's right for the Danica brand" -From an interview last year about going to NASCAR

Danica brand? Gimme a break. How about making sure you can drive the damned things?

She whines constantly on the radio in traffic.

She has trashed other female drivers, downplaying what Sarah Fisher and Janet Guthrie have done in racing. When asked about other female drivers who aren't Danica she gets downright catty.

She runs down Dan Wheldon in the pits, grabs him and starts yelling at him......yet she has caused many on track incidents through overly aggressive driving, to be polite, and has been shielded from criticism by the media.

She has huge money behind her, and a huge marketing machine.....but what has she won? One race in the IRL, nothing before that in lower divisions..........Without her looks, she wouldn't be where she is. She's done NOTHING to deserve it besides pose cute for the cameras.

Classic instance of the media playing to her? She checked up last night because she lost the car a little in the bumps, and before they even had time to look at what happened, DW had accused the driver behind Danica of driving rough and bumping her.....replays clearly show Danica simply losing the car a touch and backing out of the throttle, there's 2-3 feet of daylight between her car and the one behind her, yet, DW still maintained his position that the other driver had hit her.

Anyone else? They just checked up for the bumps. Danica? Couldn't be her fault, blame it on someone else.

I'm tired of the coverage, she's a rookie, there are 80 other drivers at Daytona, and they're covering Danica as if she's already a four time champion. The post race interviews were priceles....they cut to Danicavision immediately after a very short interview with Bobby Gerhart, and she finished 6th. Normally they'd be going after interviews with the others in the top 5.
    Danica has done just what all driver at all levels is guilty of, namely, reacting to a perceived wrong. Is it ok for the men to react and not the women.

Most drivers whine over their radios. I have noted whining coming from most of the top drivers, DEjr & Denny being the worst.

You were obviously watching a different race than I was because she handled the bumps and other track conditions like a true racer. Keep in mind this was her First Nascar race. With time I see her becoming a real contender in Nascar. When she spun out across the grass,a lesser driver would have backed the car into the wall. It was not luck that she was
    able to recover. Even if she was not hit, the bump at Daytona has put many Cup drivers in the grass.

The old man has been hyped by the media to the point that I get a little ill. Look at his record in it's entirety and he is just that hype. He is a fan draw because he is the old guy out there showing them how it's done.

Why does Nascar encourage top Cup racers to come down to Nationwide and dominate that series? They are allowing it for one reason, and that is to attract more spectators and keep their TV coverage. If Nascar passed a rule banning these drivers they would be giving Nationwide a death sentence at least for TV coverage. The POWERS are taking advantage of Danica and her draw for Nationwide and maybe Cup also before to long. Whether anyone noticed, the stands this last seasons, except for a few tracks, had huge sections that were empty. Seats were being discounted to get fans to the track. Sure Danica is being hyped by the Media (Nascar) because they have an agenda from the POWERS to promote their future cash COW. Nascar is a business, and they are going to do whatever they can to attract and keep a fan base. The 2010 rule changes were a direct results of their ever shrinking fan base. Face the reality, Nascar is BIG business and big business does whatever it can to keep the money rolling in.

http://blog.mlive.com/finish_line/20...danica_pa.html
    Last edited by kokopup; 02-07-2010 at 09:53 AM.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

MM whines about the car setup when he actually talks on the radio and he's having a bad race.

Jr. downright b*****s about the car setup, whether he's performing well or not.

I listened to Danica dearest during an IRL race in Texas. There were about 3 words about the car, and the rest was "could you tell the #xx spotter to get him to leave me room?" or "Why is the #xx getting so close" ad nauseum.

Given equal equipment as TK in the IRL, danica produced 1 win to TK's 9.

She's just NOT THAT GOOD. I'd love to see Sarah Fisher and Danica race, give them both an IROC car, and the winner gets the seat. But, Danica has the money, Fisher doesn't.

There was another female driver in the top 10 during the race last night......not one word about her until she was in 3rd. Danica was covered regardless of where she was in the field.

NASCAR wants to know why they were losing TV share? They were losing TV share in part because the race coverage SUCKS! Give me MRN on the audio and the TV on mute and I'm a happy camper.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

The other drivers that NASCAR has courted are proven winners.

One win and a whole bunch of bridesmaid's positions may qualify her,but remember, When you PEAK you Win!

-------------------

I liken it to working in a Porsche dealership for years and trying to get the VP position...

Then someone from a VESPA dealership gets the gig, the money and the expense account.

It is marketing, but short of being "all that" by a bag of chips and the 64 ounce drink.

I would have no problem w/her if she had a likeable personality-she's second place in that category-from the standpoint of running after other drivers and getting in their face.

Wait until she pull a boner-no, not that KIND- and some NASCAR vet jumps into her "S", then everyone will side with her and talk about how mean, nasty and ugly the men are to a rookie that almost killed them.

It's not O.K. for a guy to get into a woan's grill, but, I don't see any problem with her trying to get some face time with a guy.

You look for three legs on a cat, you'll find four.

----------------------

Jill George took a real header and no one bothered to interview her afterwards.

She's just a shoulder that DP should be thankful that she's standing on.

Seriously?

Historically NASCAR has been an Old White Guy's Sport, I am OLDER than Mark Martin...and that SOB had better abs than I do.

Check out what R Petty talked about Willlie T. and the ticket he got. We've seen woman racers out there.. I am waiting for the black guy or Mexican.

JPM is not a Mexican, only in name?

So, As I see PD get roses thrown down as she approaches her ride, you have the rest of the woman-who blazed the 'track' for her- getting shoved to the side and literally being asked to labor in her shadow.

She may win a race in the future, But's let's remember the gals who she drafted to get there.

That's where the hard work was done for today's women drivers in NASCAR.

Ms. Sprint Cup is just there to hand our trophies!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

They were losing TV share in part because the race coverage SUCKS!

Give me MRN on the audio and the TV on mute and I'm a happy camper.

Right ON!

That's how to watch the Sprint Cup Series, too!

LOL, NASCAR is not that progressive.

Check out the clip from the start of the reace.

Was that a burhka that DP put on under her helmet?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Richard
    Historically NASCAR has been an Old White Guy's Sport, I am OLDER than Mark Martin...and that SOB had better abs than I do.

Check out what R Petty talked about Willlie T. and the ticket he got. We've seen woman racers out there.. I am waiting for the black guy or Mexican.
    I have read R Petty's article on Black men in Nascar. While accurate, technically it has flaws. I remember Wendall Scott and his struggles in getting into Nascar but he did make it into Grand National racing ( later called Winston CUP ) and did well considering his budget. Petty says that no Black man raced in the 600 at Charlotte. The facts are that Wendell Scott's last race was at the 74 Charlotte race. He was forced to retire because of an accident at Talladega earlier that year.

Nascar has had grass root efforts to get Black into Nascar. In the history of Cup racing there have been 9 blacks that have tried their hand at racing. The problem with trying to get blacks or hispanics involved is that they need to began at a very early age in some form of racing. My son at nine started racing 1/4 midgets and then went into Motocross. For anyone to have a career in racing you have to start very young and take their knocks in some form of racing be it carts or motocross. You can look back and there are traditional sports that are dominated by whites. Until Tiger Woods came along Golf was one of these, even though there were several Hispanic's that were successful.
    Until someone starts at a very young age in racing I do not see Nascars culture changing. You have to have candidates before they can bring someone up. I know Nascar is trying to bring both woman and minorities into the sport.
    — Unknown

Richard
    I am OLDER than Mark Martin...and that SOB had better abs than I do.

You can be in shape at any age. I was racing Mountain bikes at 63 and leading
    Mountain Bike Expeditions across the Rockies at 65. Mark Martin is 51 he should be in shape. I was in the best shape of my life at 63.
    — Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    The problem with trying to get blacks or hispanics involved is that they need to began at a very early age in some form of racing.
    Here in the Lost Angeles are we do have a pretty good racing program in place for us Mexicans.

It's called Grand Theft Auto.

The only problem is the jail sentences keep the kids locked up for way too long for them to perfect the talent.

Does JPM really like tacos?

http://www.allleftturns.com/griese-montoya-taco-comment

Geesh, I had to endure Martin bashing all day today at Anna's . I was a good girl though and behaved myself

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

I'd rather see a woman in a driving outfit than a half naked woman lying across an Indy Car.

Half the fun is peeling her suit off in my head....

LOL,

How many times have you violated Tony, Denny, Joey and Kyle in YOUR dreams?
    I know this was directed at Anna, not me, but since we pretty much have the same fav drivers....

1 is way too young, 1 is way too ugly, and as for the other two, well, that is more of a discussion for the eyecandy thread!

Yeah Amy!

I even felt too old getting my picture taken with him
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom View Post
    I know this was directed at Anna, not me, but since we pretty much have the same fav drivers....

1 is way too young, 1 is way too ugly, and as for the other two, well, that is more of a discussion for the eyecandy thread!
    Last edited by anna_66; 02-09-2010 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee View Post
    Geesh, I had to endure Martin bashing all day today at Anna's . I was a good girl though and behaved myself
    Yes you did Robin, and you were a very good girl about it