Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar 2010

In most competitive sports, Cycling being one, once you move up to the next level you can no longer compete at a lower level. I think that is how it should be with Nascar. I think Nascar is afraid of making that a rule because they fear losing a fan base that come because of the Cup drivers. I compare that to allowing a Pro football/basketball player to go back and play for his old college team when it fits his fancy. I look at it as a progression from the Small tracks to ARCA to Nationwide to Cup. It isn't really fair for the guys coming up to have one of the spots taken by a guy that has moved up to the next level. IMO
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    Richard

Do all Gringo look alike to you Richard?
    no, no, no! I was flipping channels and saw Shelton and thought, "Is that DE Jr.?"

LOL,
    No one looks like Reba.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    no, no, no! I was flipping channels and saw Shelton and thought, "Is that DE Jr.?"

LOL,
    No one looks like Reba.
    How come people have come up to me in public places more times than I can count to tell me that I look Reba?

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    How come people have come up to me in public places more times than I can count to tell me that I look Reba?
    LOL,

Reba is really cute-I saw she was on TV last night. That's all I was implying.

Posted by Moesha
    It might be your red hair. I can't tell from your small avatar picture but you probably favor her also.

I've been told I look like 4 different stars, but I can't see it myself. These stars
    don't look anything alike so it is very puzzling
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

This is not exactly a Nascar subject, but since Danica Patrick is also a Nascar
    driver I thought I would Post Anyway.

I will be volunteering at the Indycar and GT/GP races at Barber Motorsport Park starting today. It should be a great weekend,with a lot of great competition.

http://www.barbermotorsports.com/index.php
    — Unknown

The motorcycle museum sounds like a bucket list entry.

WOW.

Remember,

Saturday night racing this week.

Richard
    The motorcycle museum sounds like a bucket list entry.

WOW.
    The museum is unreal. It is a 4 story building but there are no stairs. it is like a spiral ramp that goes up 4 stories and the slop is so gradual you don't feel like you are going up. It is like walking through the history of 2 wheeled travel. His collection is so big he has to rotated what he is showing to about 800 at a time. It is the largest an probably the best motorcycle Museum in the world. The whole Barber Motorsport complex is world class. I spent the day out there today and watched everyone practice. I have been going out to races since it opened and the sight of all the Indycar and GT/GP cars all at one venue is a little overwhelming. Tomorrow is the GT/GP races and Sunday is the IndyCar. Patrick Dempsey is one of the GT drivers and of course we will have Danica racing on Sunday.
    — Unknown

Dear Stock Car Jesus,
    were you at the NW race? I mean.... serously.... WTF was that? Does PeeWee have a deal going with Stock Car Satan or something? Are you really gonna put up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    Dear Stock Car Jesus,
    were you at the NW race?
    He was, that's exactly why Kyle won He deserved that win!
    -----------------------------------
    Why Amy, I'm surprised that you haven't posted yet...you know, with Ryan winning and all! I know you had to be super excited to see that.
    Mark was even rooting for him! Needless to say he was PO'd that Kyle lost, but the boy can't win em' all.

I was amazed that Denny ran the whole race. Did you see the picture he posted on Twitter with all the fluid they drained off his knee

Congrats to him and all our boys!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

heoloooooo Newman! And a BIG THANKS to Stock Car Jesus for that last caution! For a minute there I thought I was gonna want to throw something at the TV 2 nights in a row....

Glad Mark finally made it to the front! GIMME 5!

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    heoloooooo Newman! And a BIG THANKS to Stock Car Jesus for that last caution! For a minute there I thought I was gonna want to throw something at the TV 2 nights in a row....

Glad Mark finally made it to the front! GIMME 5!
    I have a neat NERF gun that I break out for sporting events.

Good ending to the race!

-------------

WWSCJD?

Come in for 4 tires?

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66 View Post
    He was, that's exactly why Kyle won He deserved that win!
    -----------------------------------
    Why Amy, I'm surprised that you haven't posted yet...you know, with Ryan winning and all! I know you had to be super excited to see that.
    Mark was even rooting for him! Needless to say he was PO'd that Kyle lost, but the boy can't win em' all.

I was amazed that Denny ran the whole race. Did you see the picture he posted on Twitter with all the fluid they drained off his knee

Congrats to him and all our boys!
    I know, I know!!! I've been messing around with taxes all morning, yuck!!

I was pulling so hard for Kyle to hold off Jimmie, cause I didn't think Ryan could get there. Then the caution came out and it was on! Congrats to Ryan and all of SHR!!! My SIL was calling as soon as the white flag was in the air, and Ralph is going to don't answer yet, don't answer yet....so we waited for the lap to complete to make sure nothing happened!!

Friday nights race was awesome too. I still can't list Kyle in my Top 5 favorties (maybe #6), but man he can drive! What a great racing weekend!!

Let's see...Denny is my #3 driver and he won 2 races ago, Ryan #2...so that leaves the #1 guy to win in Texas? Go Smoke!

And yeah, Denny's knee is pretty gross! I am really surprised he stayed in, esp. since they had to change the battery and he was losing laps anyway.

Now back to the taxes

If they had hired Scott Speed to drive, would that be Irony?

http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story...bust?GT1=39002