Thread: My ratties :)

My ratties :)

I thought I'd share some pictures of my rat girls. They can be tough to get pictures of! I have 5, Lilybean and Bella are a little over a year, both hooded dumbos, both sisters. I adopted them along with their mommy Shiloh who passed away this last September. Meadow is a brown berkshire dumbo. Very sweet girl, unsure of her age, as the ppl I got her from claimed she was only 3 months old, even though she was CLEARLY full grown when I got her lol. I estimate she is about a year maybe. Chiyo and Kyah are rescues I adopted out of Vancouver. Chiyo is a brown berkshire, who came to me very malnourished and almost emaciated. Her name is Japanese and means "a thousand sparkles" and she is doing great since she came home here in August. Kyah is a little hoodie girl, she was seized along with a lot of other rats from a snake owner who was cruel and breeding rats for snake food and it got out of hand. He was keeping them in tupperware containers and etc. It was awful. Kyah is amazing though, very lovey and full of spunk and you'd never know that she had such a horrible start to life. Her name is swahili and means "a new beginning" and also can mean "diamond in the sky". I am unsure of her age as well. When I adopted her in August I estimated she was about 4-5 months old, but she is still super tiny even now and I don't know ifs he has even grown at all lol. So I don't know if she is just tiny or what. She is definitely under a year old though. Here are pictures.

This is Bella:

Lilybean:

Meadow:

Chiyo: Not so emaciated anymore lol! She now weighs the most out of all of the girls.

and little Kyah:

And this was Shiloh, who passed on back in September. She was such a precious little creature, she just LOVED humans, loved being helf, she just would give kisses 24/7. She was such a sweetheart. Even the hardest hearts and the "eeeww gross rats" type ppl fell in love with her. She turned a lot of ppl into rat lovers lol. I was sadly out of town when she passed away, but she was with my sister and her boyfriend. Her boyfriend had always been disgusted by my rats but during the last hours of Shiloh's life he bonded with her so strongly and she passed in his arms. So even down to her last breathe she was turning ppl into rat lovers. She was very loved and will never be forgotten, that is for sure. She was Lilybean & Bella's mommy. I still get teary looking at her pictures. She was such a special girl. RIP my little sweetheart.

Mommy to two beautiful fluffy boys, Emerson & Maddix, and 5 little ratties, Meadow, Lilybean, Bella, Chiyo and Kyah.

They are beautiful! So shiny and healthy looking! I actually dreamed I had a rat friend last night - that's what drew me to your post. I would actually love to have a rat and/or guinea pig, but with 11 birds, I don't have any more room! I'd have to move out. . .

I'll just enjoy the pictures of your lovely ratties instead!

Cathy

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

they are adorable!

your girls are very cute! i let mine run around too! they love to snuggle with me in my bed..

Your girls are adorable! <3

I miss rat kisses.

Oh and Catherinedana: If you ever do decide to get a rat/guinea pig remember that they are social animals and need to be kept in pairs.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

Aww, pretty girls, and as noted, so shiny looking! Thanks for sharing!
    I've Been Frosted

Aww, all of your ratties are super cute!

Welcome to PT!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_Hamster View Post
    Oh and Catherinedana: If you ever do decide to get a rat/guinea pig remember that they are social animals and need to be kept in pairs.
    As if I could only have one of any cutie in my house! That's why I'd have to go live in the shed and let everyone else take over the house!!

I had guinea pigs when I was younger and I absolutely LOVED them. They are so sweet and make the best noises

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain