Thread: Tiger ranch woman

Tiger ranch woman

Yesterday the woman who had owned Tiger ranch near me was sentenced. She received 27 years probation and I think some community service, and absolutely NO contact with animals. If she violates those terms, she is looking at jail time. IMO, she should gotten jail time with her sentence at the beginning.

27 years probation? Years? Hmmm. I can't imagine that in 27 years she'll never have contact w/an animal.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Unless the animal is her probation officer....
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Is this the women who was originally from Jersey? She was called the tiger lady, she got all her tigers taken away. One had gotten out in Jackson NJ and was roaming around for days, I vaguely remembering hearing about how they attacked her husband many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Is this the women who was originally from Jersey? She was called the tiger lady, she got all her tigers taken away. One had gotten out in Jackson NJ and was roaming around for days, I vaguely remembering hearing about how they attacked her husband many times.
    No, this one is in PA. She had a "rescue" organization that got out of hand and they found many, many dead cats in freezers, etc. I'm thinking they numbered into the hundreds but I could be mistaken about that.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Mary,

She deserves 27 years. PERIOD!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Mary,

She deserves 27 years. PERIOD!!!
    Sweetheart, that woman deserved jail time along with her probation. I thought the judge was leinient on her.

What I was saying is that I thought 27 years probation is odd. I've never heard of a probation that long.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Some details on her sentence - click link for the whole article.

This woman literally has NO clue, IMO. Beyond sick...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/vall.../s_661432.html
    The former owner of the closed property avoided further jail time, but will spend 27 years on probation and two years on house arrest. She must pay $212,000 in fines and restitution for housing hundreds of cats in filth and disease.

Lin Marie, 47, formerly known as Linda Bruno, apologized at a lengthy sentencing hearing for keeping the animals in squalid conditions while accepting donations for their care. She earlier pleaded guilty to 12 counts of cruelty to animals and two counts of tampering with records.

"I'm sorry and I'm sad, and I'd like to move on with my life," Marie told Common Pleas Judge Jill E. Rangos. "I just hope I get a chance to work on me. I need to work on me. I want to work on me."

Rangos ordered Marie to have no contact with animals and to continue mental-health treatment. The judge sentenced Marie to one to six months in jail but gave her credit for 37 days she served. Marie will not have to serve any more time in jail.

"I came into this case thinking ... you were most likely a woman who had good intentions but became overwhelmed. From that perspective until today, I have learned quite a lot," Rangos said. "You have chosen not to cooperate and spew vitriol in others' direction without taking any personal responsibility for the disaster that Tiger Ranch became."
    Veterinarian Dr. Becky Morrow, who treated the rescued cats, said some died in her arms during the raid.

"No punishment will ever make up for the magnitude of suffering she caused," Morrow said. "It's most important to keep this from ever happening again."

Morrow said anyone interested in adopting one of 50 cats still needing homes can visit www.TigerRanchRescues.com.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Clueless doesn't even cover it. I have a feeling that after she "works on herself" as she stated, she'll feel that she's ready to have animals again and she'll defy the court order out of ego. Twenty seven years is a long time and she'll probably figure that the courts and public will forget.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Clueless doesn't even cover it. I have a feeling that after she "works on herself" as she stated, she'll feel that she's ready to have animals again and she'll defy the court order out of ego. Twenty seven years is a long time and she'll probably figure that the courts and public will forget.
    Mary, real animal lovers can never forget anything that horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by davidpizzica View Post
    Mary, real animal lovers can never forget anything that horrific.
    I know that, David. I was speaking from her perspective.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Some details on her sentence - click link for the whole article.

This woman literally has NO clue, IMO. Beyond sick...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/vall.../s_661432.html
    Beyond sick, indeed. Especially this bit from her:

------>
    "I'm sorry and I'm sad, and I'd like to move on with my life," Marie told Common Pleas Judge Jill E. Rangos. "I just hope I get a chance to work on me. I need to work on me. I want to work on me."
    -----------

What rubbish! It's all about her. Nothing about those dear animals she tortured and murdered.

Throw her in jail for the 27 years. At the very least.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    What rubbish! It's all about her. Nothing about those dear animals she tortured and murdered.

Throw her in jail for the 27 years. At the very least.
    I couldn't agree more. She should be tossed in jail. But the courts made their decision. RIP kitties. I hope the remaining cats find a wonderful home.

Melissa

did she kill them or did they just die?
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*