Thread: Go buy lottery tickets?

Hybrid View

Go buy lottery tickets?

Woman survives 200ft fall

A Chinese woman survived falling from the 18th floor of a block of flats after landing on a bush and bouncing into a snowdrift.

Ou, 26, of Beijing, was hanging out washing on her balcony early one morning when she slipped and fell, reports the Beijing Times.

Doctors say she only survived the estimated 200ft fall because it was broken by the bush, the snow and her padded jacket.

Ou was found lying in 5ins of snow by a man who was out walking his dog and who raised the alarm.

Amazed doctors at Peking University Third Hospital treated her for multiple fractures but say she will survive.

Prof Zhang says she would have been falling at more than 60mph by the time she hit the bush.

"It would have been devastating if she had hit the ground direct. Thanks to the bush, the snow and her jacket, her fall was cushioned," he said.

Ou shares a rented flat with two former classmates who were still asleep in their rooms when police knocked on their door.

They told officers that the balcony was only 3ft high and that Ou would stand on a chair to hang out her washing as the electrical clothes hanger was broken.

Ms He said: "We warned her many times to be careful but never really expected anything like this would happen."

-------------------------

"It would have been devastating if she had hit the ground direct. Thanks to the bush, the snow and her jacket, her fall was cushioned," he said.

Ya think?

I love understatements like that.

How do you pronounce her name?

Ou as in OW!?!?!?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

..."Ou as in OW"? I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad she's OK.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I'd rather eat nasty kitty kitter!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!