Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby Update...Finally

Aww, Baby M, you are loved by so many people already!

Momma, dark hair, or any hair yet? Just wondering if reality jibes with what I saw in my head when you first told us!
    I've Been Frosted

Congratulations!!! Do you have a nursing pillow?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Awwwwwwwww congrats with your your baby son Poppy!!!
    I'd love to see a picture of him though....... . Why not post a pic on PT? Nobody can trace a baby just by its picture, and hm I am sooooo curious
    As for his name, as long as you don't post his last name, what harm can be done? So PPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE dear Poppy
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiebaker View Post
    Popcornbird, is there a lactation consultant that you can get in touch with through your hospital? We had one (sort of) and she was absolutely invaluable to me, not just initially but all the way down the line when we had issues. The LC would be able to help you figure out good positioning. hang in there though, it does get easier and better and the strange quirky muscles you didn't know you had will work themself out.

(The reason I said 'sort of' is because i delivered at a Vermont hospital and live in New Hampshire....and for some quirky law/code/whatever they couldn't come to my house, but could help me unless I met them in Vermont, or over the phone. It was so weird, but still the advice was so valuable!)
    I was having some trouble getting the little one to latch on at the hospital, and they had 2 lactation consultants come in and help me with that. They were really helpful, and he was already latching on well by the time we got home from the hospital. The only problem I'm left with is him cuddling up and falling asleep without nursing completely. It has improved a LOT over the past 2 weeks, and I'm definitely feeling more comfortable with nursing now. I do have the contact information for the lactation consultants at my hospital, and I was also given the numbers for local lactation consultants who work outside the hospital. I did call them a few days after discharge, but haven't since then because I felt things were getting easier. Baby had his 2 week appointment yesterday, and he is 3 ounces above his birth weight now, so the doctor felt he's doing well with the nursing. I will definitely get help if I need it. I feel that breast milk is what God has made for my child, and that's what's best for him, so I will be doing my best to keep nursing for as long as possible.

I took a few pics of his little feet today. Will try to post them if he gives me some time.

For a kid that was just born, I'd say he did pretty well in the nursing dept. Give him a little time, he'll get it.

He's sleeping through the night already?? I wish the hell my friend's kid would sleep through the night. I'm lucky if he takes a nap when I'm watching him. Ugh!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post

He's sleeping through the night already?? I wish the hell my friend's kid would sleep through the night. I'm lucky if he takes a nap when I'm watching him. Ugh!!!
    Well I wouldn't say the WHOLE night...He wakes up at least once.

I generally nurse him and put him to bed by 11pm. He wakes up close to 3am on most nights...nurses, has a diaper change, and back to bed. He doesn't wake up again until 6:30 - 7:30. That's time to get up for me anyway, so I don't feel like he wakes up more than once at night. He's a precious child.

Here's a pic of baby M's tiny little feet.

We've started tummy time with him, and the day he turned 3 weeks, he really surprised us. We put him on his tummy. He lifted his head, then his body a little bit, and quickly rolled over to his side! He's really been enjoying bath time too. That's generally his time with his daddy. My hubby loves giving him a bath.
    Last edited by popcornbird; 01-26-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Awwwwww, precious little feetsies! Sounds like he is doing wonderfully, as of course, we expect - he's a Pet Talk baby, he's gotta be special!

Biased? Me?
    I've Been Frosted

Now those are toes that need lots of kisses!

Congratulations on your new baby boy - each day is a new blessing.

What precious little toes. Congrats Popcornbird. I experienced some back pain after Cadience was born. I was able to relieve mine with a rice pack.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

What adorable little feet!!

Beautiful story, congratulations!