Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Check Out What I Found This Morning :) - Lost Kitten Found - He's So Happy to Be Home

Check Out What I Found This Morning :) - Lost Kitten Found - He's So Happy to Be Home

Hi All-

I found this ad on craigslist yesterday about:

Lost kitten, missing since midnight Tuesday Jan 5th. He is a light orange tabby with white patches on his face and neck. Answers to the name of Butters. If found please call. Reward offered

Just so happens they listed where they live and it happens to be in my apartment complex.

I needed to borrow a trap from someone anyway to get the cat I've been trying to get for a while now. I got the trap and called the lady to ask if she'd like me to set up a trap to try to get her kitten she said sure.

Last night I didn't get time to do it but this morning I figured since I was up around 6 a.m. I'd take a stroll around our apartment complex and see if I spotted this little orange and white kitten.

So I was walking down the side walk with a flashlight looking for tiny prints in the snow, the kittens age is 4-5 months approx. I walked the side walk didn't see any tracks and happen to look in the snow in between cars and saw some prints. I thought first they could be a small dogs print but then I saw some smaller prints going from under one car to another car and to another.

I went to the end of the prints to the last car and looked around the car and didn't see any other prints leaving that car so I called out "Kitty Kitty" and heard a little meow.

I was so ecstatic! I just couldn't tell you how good it felt to hear that.

So I called the kitten "Butters" and heard it again and I got him to semi come to me and he was so scared you could just tell he wasn't sure where to go so he headed down these steps and I followed him and we got to the bottom and he didn't move and I picked him up and took him to the persons door.

They left a note on their door saying Lost Kitten so I knocked and waited while the kitten was shivering and I figured I'll just take it down to my place and call his mom.

No answer though. I left a message but she hasn't called me back yet but I'm sure she will soon. He is right now in our bathroom nice and warm and I'm sure he's loving it.

I hoping there is a good reason why she didn't answer my call this morning when I called her twice and knocked on her door, I'm thinking either she is out of town or works at night and can't answer her phone.

If this was my kitten out there I would been hunting for this kitten like mad and couldn't sleep if I knew my kitten was out there but that's just me.

I will take a picture before the kitten leaves our place. I would keep this little bugger but it's not mine and I already have too many vet bills.

I was so excited this morning when I got him and I just can't believe I did and I'm my luck is changing with the other female cat that I've been trying to trap.

Melissa
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 01-06-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Oh Butters is just adorable, Melissa. and so lucky that you were able to trap him! Great news!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Awww, what a cutie. Maybe Meowmie was at work... or out looking further from the apt. complex??? I would also be frantic trying to find my baby, so I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt??!!!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

That is so great you found the missing kitten. I got so excited when I was reading this when you heard the meow.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What an intrersting face Butters has, hes an Owesome Orange Marmalade with a Face thats alsmost a gollden yellow.
    Bless you for taking Butters in out of danger, and keeping him until Butters and Family are reunited!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh what a cute little baby!! It was very lucky you found and trapped it.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Thanks! I actually didn't trap him. I just caught him but I think I know what you guys mean by saying trap.

I might pop home for a bit to see how the kitten is doing during my lunch hour but we'll see if I have time.

I still haven't heard from the owners so we'll.

I'm kinda surprised I gave them my cell # but nothing yet.

Melissa

She just called me and said she just woke up. I told her I knocked on her door at 6:30 a.m. and there was no answer.

She said she was asleep.

I'm thinking WHAT how can you sleep knowing your kitten is OUTSIDE in the COLD.

But I can't image you would want to go to sleep with knowing your kitten is outside.

I think I might of found the where this person adopted the kitten from. I'm attaching a photo of a kitten I think looks like the one they posted.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chicagokittens20090516.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	44645   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3k23m33l35O45Pc5R6a159d6c167aa2431b55.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	44646  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 01-06-2010 at 01:39 PM.

My 2 cents, I would never be able to sleep if one of my kids got out. it did happen almost 20 years ago. Missy got out, we still don't know how. She ended up in a tree next door. She wouldn’t come down and I could go up. So I sat be the window with a flash light all night, about 5:30 in the morning she came down. Went right to the back door and I let her in. She never went near a door again.
    GILL & Crew;

I also could not sleep if one of my babies was missing, without at least looking for a few days first.
    When Paizly got out she slipped out the open door the night of July 3rd. Bruce didn't notice she wasn't in the house until the next morning. I couldn't enjoy the 4th of July with my family so I came home to find her. Within one hour I had her back in the house!

But I guess some people just aren't like us.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

No, I'd be outside, calling, tempting with smelly fish, searching, enlisting my neighbors, doing everything possible to find my baby. I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink.

And to sleep so soundly that I didn't hear anything?

Maybe this baby needs to be "poofed"...............

Bless you for searching for him!

ETA: Just re-read your post.......you called her, too??? Uh uh, that's not right.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    But I guess some people just aren't like us.
    That's what I was thinking. But I just can't believe you wouldn't be looking even last night when I was outside I didn't hear anyone call him or anything and if it was my cat I'd be going door to door talking with everyone letting them know I was missing a kitten.

I stopped by at lunch time today of course to see Butter's and he has this thing for wanting to bite people's nose and chins.

It kinda hurts but I think it's a love bite maybe. He's so darn cute and fluffy.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by orangemm View Post
    No, I'd be outside, calling, tempting with smelly fish, searching, enlisting my neighbors, doing everything possible to find my baby. I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink.

And to sleep so soundly that I didn't hear anything?

Maybe this baby needs to be "poofed"...............

Bless you for searching for him!

ETA: Just re-read your post.......you called her, too??? Uh uh, that's not right.
    I know I pounded hard too on the door. We waited for a little bit maybe less than a minute and pounded again and nothing.

I live in the same type of apartment and anytime someone comes to my door late at night I hear it. Our walls are not thick at all so I can't believe she didn't hear me.

Yeah anyone want him? ..heheheehhee...

Yep I called her twice, her number is an out-of-state # so I had to use a calling card the first time to call her and that went right to her voicemail, so then I figured ok she's not probably picking up because when you use calling cards their #'s show up weird and so I called from my husband's cell # and she didn't answer then either.

I didn't hear from her until 11 a.m.

If this was my baby I'd have my cell phone up loud and all my phones on and well I wouldn't be sleeping yeah I might be inside the house for a while but I'd have a trap set up and everything.

Maybe he ran away from home...but he's not talking about it though. Just bites me on the nose and chin but those are thank you love bites I guess.

Melissa

Hey, if I am asleep, I might not hear a knock on the door. I am deaf on one side, so if the good ear is in the pillow, no sound penetrates. Pound all you want, it wouldn't matter. And she may have been asleep after much effort searching, knowing she'd be better if she was awake and alert ... She did post signs, etc - it's not like she did nothing!

Just sayin' - we never should assume the worst about someone without knowing all the facts.

He's adorable, and perhaps now that she knows his propensity for escape, she'll be more cautious around the door!
    I've Been Frosted

Maybe he wants to come to Canada? Or not, might be tooooo cold here.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21