Thread: Time share sale pitch?

Time share sale pitch?

Tomorrow, hubby and I are going to sit through another for a free $50 gift card to Applebees AND a free cruise. I highly doubt we'd take up the "free" cruise offer because of taxes and other fees they said we'd pay, but heck, $50 gift card to my favorite restaurant? I'm game!

We've been through this type of sales pitch before - YEARS ago while in Williamsburg. they tried to sell us their vacation package, but we held firm that we were only there for the 4 free tickets to Busch Gardens. We had a blast at the amausement park, so it was worth being bored for an hour while somone tried their best to make us buy a vacation

The only thing I'm dreading is they somehow got my cell phone number and I don't want to have a million telemarketing calls on my cell.

Anybody else go to these things? We need to get out of the house, so this sounds like a win-win for us. The poor sales guys who gets us will hate us though

I personally hate going to the sale pitches for the free stuff.
    Several years ago, I had a bad experience with my x. When the sale person realized we were not going to buy, the person was extremely rude to us and we ended up so flustered we left without our free gift.

My sister and her hubby go all the time and get free stuff or stay free.

Last year my 6.5 foot BF and I went to one of these during our vacation.
    I told him I would go if he did all the talking. Sure enough he did and it wasn't so bad.
    We got to stay in a nice Hotel Free for one night.
    So I might do it again if my BF continues to do all the talking.
    Nobody is going to be rude to a man that is 6.5 feet and weighs 270 lbs. lol

----<---<--<{(@

We've been to one once, I am good at saying no! But most often they want a "couple," and Paul doesn't like the sales pressure at all, it gives him the creeps, so we don't go to them. Haven't gotten any offers lately, anyway!
    I've Been Frosted

My firsdt thought, Link.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

LOL Blue...thats what I thought too!

Ive never been to one of those Time Share things...If I ever did go I'd tell the sales guy if he wanted to skip the BS he could give me my free gift for showing up and write down we were there an hour lol. I wouldn't tell, I swear!

Free food is always a good thing.

All I can say is you are a very brave woman. I'd fall asleep.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Any sort of sales pitch totally creeps me out - the manipulation thing going on. I won't even go to "home sales" parties

We will be able to easily avoid falling for their pitch -- we are just barely keeping our heads above the bill water level (so to speak) so we definitely don't have extra money for a time share

Besides, if we were to ever go on any type of vacation, who on earth would take care of 8 cats and a hyper dog? I can't think of one person who I would trust to scoop 9 litterboxes twice a day and to handle Callie's pent-up energy from being left alone all day.

We might not be going now though because Cameron's with us all day, and the mood he's in? Ummm.... they'd likely kick us out! Which might not be a bad ploy; bring an obnoxious 3 year old, get them to beg us to leave and hope they still give the "free gifts" on the way out!

J and I went to one in November, and got a free cruise out of it! I repeatedly told them no, and really, it wasn't a big deal.

The lady (who is in law school, coincidentally) had to go get the manager. The manager tried to sell me, and I still said no. Then, the guy that had the details about the free cruise, he tried to sell me, and I still said no.

I think the vacation package thing has a lot of good selling points, and if I had any money, I could be tempted. But, I don't. I was very straight up with them from the moment I walked in the door.

I have yet to register for the cruise...which requires a $100. down payment. But, all else- but taxes are "free". The guy estimated that the tax would be about $200 a person, I think. $400 for a 4 day, 3 night, all inclusive, including airfare, is cheap. I will probably take advantage of it.

I used to attend the quite often for the free gifts. Got microwave ovens (I didn't have one at the time and had just got my first apartment!), a 4 day 3 night stay in vErmont athte Swiss chalet on the property of the family from Sound of Music, lots of great stuff. You know you can hold out on the sales pitch, I say GO FOR IT!

Haven't been able to do any of them in the last 8 years since Dad moved in. First, he would have signed anything anyone told him to (which is part of why he moved in with me) and now he can't travel OR stay home alone.

I've owned 1 week at a time share for over 25 years, and loved it, and the exchange privileges. Traveled all over this country and Europe, as well as staying at my "home" resort. Now my life style has changed (Dad), and I can't use it. I've been trying to sell it for about 6 months. Three days before Christmas, all owners (2500 of us) got a shock, our resort has been dropped by the exchange company due to maintenance issues. This is a HUGE problem, not sure how we are going to get out of it. Apparently the Board knew for 3 to 5 years and didn't communicate with us.

I had no idea my husband was such a brilliant actor! We sat through the sales pitch (yawn!) and they filed us out like cattle to different sales people. Hubby told them we were interested, but he wanted them to give him a job in exchange. By the end of being hereded to 3 progressively more important managers, I was convinced he wanted a job!

They couldn't get rid of us fast enough! We were one of 15 couples, and we were the first to leave. Woohoo... Carribean cruise for free!

Funny thing was, after we left, we stopped for dinner with our "free" dinner card too. As we sat, we noticed several other couples from the seminar arriving to the same place. Hee hee.... we all had the same gift cards. What a hoot!

Asking for a job is one I've not heard before! Brilliant!

We've not been to one of those pitches in forever. We were at one in a "resort" complex when we were first married. The unit we stayed in was not very well kept up. When we got to a "manager", my husband said, "Is the unit we're in one of your time shares?" ... "Why, yes, it is" ... He then began to list the things wrong with it. The manager said, well, yours would be in a newer section; my husband countered with, "how long before it looks that bad?" We were ushered out pretty quickly.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

You couldn't pay me enough to sit thru that. I've done it before and torture is a mild description! More power to you!

[QUOTE=catnapper: was convinced he wanted a job! They couldn't get rid of us fast enough! >>>>>>>>>>>

Now that turning the tables on them. That was brillant move.

----<---<--<{(@