Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My photos (quite a few) and stories of both dogs so far

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Wow, it's nice to have so many pit owners here now. I just love Tex. That color is called blue, right?

I do have a question. What is the purpose of the toy hanging from the tree? I thought it wasn't good to pull on dogs teeth like that.

Well, you came back and answered my question in the above post. So nevermind. And that's exactly how I looked at it myself. As an agressive type thing.
    here's a video of it, I love how they wiggle their body lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=006k_qhEEUg

there's also flirt poles, not just for pitties either!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q913yMZDLc8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMlIvxG0Nro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBT0t1dZVcU

and weight-pull for exercise
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6LDopZZVzg

I live vicariously through bully breed owners, but I'm a small dog person...I might have mini bull terrier in the future though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBFIozOe4AM
    Last edited by Candy317; 01-05-2010 at 04:12 PM.
    MY RUGRATS

Yea playing tug at an early age is not always the best thing to do. but my understanding, at his age, as long as he is doing it as his own pace it is ok. He can feel if he needs to let go or not. As far as an aggressive thing, no, not one bit. I am just making them work to get their beloved toys. I take the toy down when play time is over, and as I mentioned earlier they both know when to let go.

It's set up with a chain up in the tree attached to a spring, think trampoline spring, attached to the rope attached to the toy. So they jump up to get it, or in Lolas case reaches up to get it, and pull down on it. It really works the dogs back legs and back area, and is works great at wearing them out. Some people set theirs up where their dogs hang from it and their feet are not on the ground. I find this to be the incorrect method as to where if their feet are on the ground they are working at it more instead of just hanging.

And yea flirt pole is another great activity. I do that I'd say 30 mins to an hour everyday. Here is a sort little clip of some flirt pole action in the snow. I had already been working them for a bit so they aren't quite up to full speed, and as you can see Lola kinda makes me look bad with the belated drop

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
    Yea playing tug at an early age is not always the best thing to do. but my understanding, at his age, as long as he is doing it as his own pace it is ok. He can feel if he needs to let go or not. As far as an aggressive thing, no, not one bit. I am just making them work to get their beloved toys. I take the toy down when play time is over, and as I mentioned earlier they both know when to let go.

It's set up with a chain up in the tree attached to a spring, think trampoline spring, attached to the rope attached to the toy. So they jump up to get it, or in Lolas case reaches up to get it, and pull down on it. It really works the dogs back legs and back area, and is works great at wearing them out. Some people set theirs up where their dogs hang from it and their feet are not on the ground. I find this to be the incorrect method as to where if their feet are on the ground they are working at it more instead of just hanging.

And yea flirt pole is another great activity. I do that I'd say 30 mins to an hour everyday. Here is a sort little clip of some flirt pole action in the snow. I had already been working them for a bit so they aren't quite up to full speed, and as you can see Lola kinda makes me look bad with the belated drop

Whats that thing called where they climb up the wall?
    MY RUGRATS

Ha well, derr.
    MY RUGRATS

I didn't realize how small Tex is. In the pictures with your daughter he seems so much bigger. And Lola is pure muscle, dang!!!
    If I tried that with my dogs they'd stand there and look at me like "why are you doing that? You look like an idiot!". Just like they did when I tried to get them to play with the red dot from the laser pointer. LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I didn't realize how small Tex is. In the pictures with your daughter he seems so much bigger. And Lola is pure muscle, dang!!!
    If I tried that with my dogs they'd stand there and look at me like "why are you doing that? You look like an idiot!". Just like they did when I tried to get them to play with the red dot from the laser pointer. LOL
    Ssssh don't say l-a-s-e-r around Valentino!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWUM8EBZ7yk
    MY RUGRATS

LOL yea, well granted he has grown a small bit from that video but yea the pictures make him look a lot bigger for some reason I cant figure that one out. He is 21 weeks and 30lbs. I do think though the kinda far off video makes him look smaller than he is. He's deff gonna be a big boy.

And im glad i kinda took away the idea that spring poles mean aggressiveness Taz, exactly why I wasn't sure if I should post that, but I'm glad I showed you otherwise.

OMG Aidan, your daughter is freakin adorable and I am not mixed but I feel ya on the hair thing bro, trust me and Candy omg I knew you would have a beautiful smile, that godson of yours has gorgeous eyes, lol

My dogs LOVE the springpole, I have video but I won't steal the thread and peope are tired of seeing my dogs, lol

~thank you Krista for my siggy~
    www.k9bsl.com

Quote Originally Posted by apbtmom76 View Post
    OMG Aidan, your daughter is freakin adorable and I am not mixed but I feel ya on the hair thing bro, trust me and Candy omg I knew you would have a beautiful smile, that godson of yours has gorgeous eyes, lol

My dogs LOVE the springpole, I have video but I won't steal the thread and peope are tired of seeing my dogs, lol
    Thanks! And tired of your dogs?! Never!
    MY RUGRATS

oh yes and the color is called blue. He is a blue nose, and the coat would be called blue as well.

I love Lola´s ear set and muscle tone.. can i have it?.. haha

but the one who stole my heart is baby blue Tex.. looooove blue pits..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

oh yes and the color is called blue. He is a blue nose, and the coat would be called blue as well.
    That's what I thought, since I have a blue merle Aussie myself. But she is not that beautiful grey color. She's a whole mess of colors.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Very cute! I LOVE the bullies. So when can I come play with them?
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

hehe I'm open for doggy play dates anytime. Lola has done great with other dogs so far, and tex's little butt just wants to play with anyone.