Thread: baby formula

baby formula

If anyone here gets Similac advanced coupons they don't need, please send them to me. The stuff is pricey and she drinks a lot of it. Thanks. I signed up for the coupons at their website but after a few months they stop sending them. I guess they figure that once you use the ones they do send, your baby is doing well and they've got you.

If I get any, I'll try to remember to send them your way. Have you signed up for the Publix baby club? They send good coupons every so often. They are only for use at Publix, but the name brand formula is about the same price there as it is anywhere else. We use the Target and Wal-Mart store brand formula, too. They have comparable versions to most of the name brand formulas, and the price is much less. Malcom is on the equivalent of Similac Sensitive, and we pay $14.95/can or so for the store brand vs. about $25-ish for the name brand.

I signed up at the similac website, if I get coupons I will pm you to let you know...btw...I said I was due in march and I am ten years younger
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Wow! Thanks!

Yes, I signed up for the baby club too. Publix is a lot more expensive though for baby products. I get formula at Walmart or BJ's. Believe me I have priced the stuff everywhere.

Do you have access to Sam's club? They have similac I believe.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

We used the BJ's brand formula. comparable to the name brand but less expensive.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Yes, we have a Sams nearby but I let my membership expire since, at least in our area, BJ's seems to be a bit cheaper, for the same products.

I am a little reluctant to change to a different, even if comparable, store brand. I already had to change once from breastmilk to formula and she didn't do too well for a while. Now she's doing really well on it and I don't want to mess anything up.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    If I get any, I'll send them your way! Was she not doing well with breastmilk or did you decide to wean her? I've seen the price of formula, yikes! But I feel like I eat three times more than I did before so maybe it evens out.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    I am a little reluctant to change to a different, even if comparable, store brand. I already had to change once from breastmilk to formula and she didn't do too well for a while. Now she's doing really well on it and I don't want to mess anything up.
    That makes sense, really. We switch back and forth between the store brand sensitivity formula and Similac Sensitive, just because our pediatrician's office is very good about giving us free samples of the name brand stuff. Otherwise, we would use the store brand all the time. I certainly understand the reluctance, though. When you find something that works, you stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    If I get any, I'll send them your way! Was she not doing well with breastmilk or did you decide to wean her? I've seen the price of formula, yikes! But I feel like I eat three times more than I did before so maybe it evens out.
    No, she was actually thriving on breastmilk but I had to wean her off so we could go to Italy to be with my family after dad died.
    Since she never took to my breast, I was pumping and feeding from the start. I was not able to bring the pump with me overseas for several reasons so it just seemed like the best thing to do at the time (wean her off). If it was up to me, I'd still be pumping and feeding but it just wasn't meant to be. I'm glad I was able to do it for the time I did (over 2 months).

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    That makes sense, Carmen. Sorry you weren't able to keep up with it, but two months is a great start!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Do you shop at Target? I have a $2 off store coupon.

No, Target sells it for 3 to 5 dollars more than other stores.
    Thanks for asking though.
    I actually emailed Similac this morning and asked why they stopped sending me coupons.
    They replied and said they would send some more out in a few weeks.

No problem. That's the only Similac one of any kind I've gotten lately. I had a good Enfamil one in the mail today, but no one I know is using it.