Thread: 16-year-old girl runs over, kills brother while playing in Arizona mall parking lot

16-year-old girl runs over, kills brother while playing in Arizona mall parking lot

Jaysus H. CHRIST!!! I wish death wasn't so often the penalty for simple young stupidity!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/1...ings_car_death

Police: 16-year-old girl runs over, kills brother while playing in Arizona mall parking lot

1 hour, 4 minutes ago

By The Associated Press

MESA, Ariz. - Police say a teenage girl accidentally ran over and killed her 17-year-old brother as the two played around in an Arizona shopping mall parking lot.

Mesa Police spokesman Ed Wessing on Sunday identified the brother as Dwight J. Brock Jr. and his sister as 16-year-old Nicole M. Brock, both residents of Mesa.

Wessing says the sister had dropped off her brother at Superstition Springs Mall Saturday evening. And then they started playing around, with the brother jumping in front of the car and the sister slamming on the brakes.

The last time that happened the sister was unable to stop and ran over the brother.

He was rushed to a hospital in critical condition and later pronounced dead.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

How terrible. And she has to live with that the rest of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Catcondo View Post
    How terrible. And she has to live with that the rest of her life.
    Yes. That's horrible.... it sometimes doesn't get worse than killing someone close to you. The poor family. How sad.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

well since this is the Dog House, I'm gonna call it what is is..... natural selection. People who play in front of moving cars get hit by them, no matter who is driving.

I do feel bad for the girl, but I can't blame her in the least.

Yeah...like the Darwin Awards.

Just that they were young and never thinking anything would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Yeah...like the Darwin Awards.

Just that they were young and never thinking anything would happen.
    I agree. If they were 46 and 47, and playing with cars, I would say the gene pool is better off.

But 16 and 17? We all did some dumb things at that age. Can you say you never, ever did anything dangerous as a teenager? I can't. Sometimes chance/fate/God/karma is on your side, and sometimes not.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

OMG that's horrible. One of the reasons I think the driving age is TOO low. But I suppose that is easy to say considering I NEVER got my license at ALL until I was 28 years of age Married with a child. at 16 years old I was mature enough to stay home alone for a week, have a job, everything else without parental supervision... but driving something that could KILL with so much immaturity still left in me? Not a chance and I knew it. Thank goodness for me. When Home alone I kept all doors locked.. didn't throw parties... would have my best friend over perhaps to watch movies and we would lock ourselves in my mom's room the entire night and go together to the kitchen to get more snacks lol. perhaps I was a wimp... but I was trustworthy and careful. but I still wouldn't drive.

I think 16 is too young to have a license and be able to drive without anyone else. It is and I stand by that. If Hannah wants to drive at 16 well... she will have to buy and pay for her own car at at that age either that or buy a junker and put the time into fixing it up. Otherwise she will drive with my husband or I on private land way out in the boonies with no one around.

that is a SCARY age to let behind the wheel of a machine that they have had zero experience behind unless they stared driving classes at 15 and still ONE YEAR behind a vehicle capable of that kind of thing is NOT enough.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Youth thinks it's invincible. Even though they know what death is, I'm sure that they didn't even think it was close to them. How sad for everyone but especially for the girl. She'll never be the same.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Culling the gene pool!

Happy new year!

I hope you find a way to send that message to the girl, RICHARD.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I hope you find a way to send that message to the girl, RICHARD.
    After YEARS of doing stupid shiat like that? I am pretty sure that I have a guardian angel or some kind of partnership with the people that god looks after.

I am way too old to be a child, I am not drunk ALL the time and think that I am the fool....

I was young, stupid and brain dead for a long time.

I have no other explanation.

----------

IT is a terrible story, but hey, we were all young, dumb and were going to live forever...some day.

I think most young people do dumb things, but this was beyond dumb.
    Maybe some good will come of it. Maybe she will inspire kids at her school to think before they act.