Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I'm just wondering whats your thought on chaining a dog?

I have a few more things to say, and I'm going to be nice, so I am expecting your comments back to be nice.

-Upon googling Marty's Lil Bit as you have asked me to, it seems you have a big following and you must be proud. Something must be RIGHT about this dog.

-I was not claiming that you fight your dogs, or that anyone does. I was simply stating you talk about it because someone else brought it up. So thank you for telling me that you guys are talking about the history of the dog. I was figuring that you would give us an answer for it.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Hey Marty - it seems that there's a lot of "off topic" posts in this thread - so don't tell me that it's ME derailing your thread. Go back and re-read and you shall see!

What I find puzzling, is that you start a thread, and then don't answer any of the questions that are put to you. You just keep referring folks to other sites. Why start a thread here in the first place if you're so busy that you don't have the time to answer??? Check out XXXXX.com, and why not GoogleXXXXX????? Maybe the people that want answers prefer "one stop shopping" here at PT, and don't care to go searching other places for the elusive answers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I have very little time to be on PT anymore for family illness and other things. I really miss PT. I have a few spare minutes today so I decided to visit. Question:

WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING ON THIS BOARD ALL OF A SUDDEN????

Where did this whole slew of new people come from that CONTINUE to cause trouble? We have lost so many of our older members for things like this. If you people are here to create controversy, MOVE ON!!! Go back to the boards that enjoy this ridiculous bickering.

If any of you were experiencing the life I'm experiencing right now, you would put aside this nonsense and find something to be productive about. This trivial garbage is insane. Get a life!!! If any of you have seen a family member or friend degrade from Alzheimer's or cancer, you wouldn't think of acting like this. This is what I'm living every day and I don't want to see these kind of threads again. I believe in a spirited discussion just like everyone else but this one has been done for sport and hatefulness. It's nasty, unnecessary, and downright volatile.

Don't sit there and act like you're dumbfounded at the reaction you got. You expected it from the beginning. You knew where it was going. I am flabbergasted at how you have a whole "team" of helpers on board "all of a sudden" to back up these displays of pettyness. STOP IT!!

Your dogs are gorgeous. Do what you have to to train them or keep them healthy and happy. If they must be chained, so be it. Stop daring people to complain about it. Keep it to yourself. No one here needs to know about it, especially when you know it's a hot point to make here.

As someone else said; When did Pet Talk start hating Pit Bulls? Did I miss that trend???

Another comment::::For those asking questions and acting shocked that some folks think some of you have attitude problems......your posts are screaming attitude problem and confrontation. Perhaps some of you can't see it but most of us can.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I completely disagree. With a thread like this I believe intentions are to show there are right ways to go about doing things such as tethering an animal for a good part of its day. Confrontational, how? Because its a topic that can cause confrontation? Thats not the OPs fault, thats those who respond in a negative way. Threads like this are needed to educate, to help people realize that set ups like this do not always mean irresponsibility, and even worse, some would see things like this out in the real world as someone who mistreats his dogs and maybe even fights them. I am new here, correct me if I am wrong, but are forums such as this not used to help educate and to discuss certain aspects of ownership?

I also think its down right disrespectful to say "slew of new people that continue to cause trouble", as you are speaking about the influx of APBT and bully people who have joined the boards. I think it comes down to an idea people may already have when it comes to things these new people discuss and don't want to discuss. Intentions are never to stir the pot, if you see the topic that way you already have some pre conceived notions towards the idea and see it that way from the get go.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Thank you Terry (Daisy & Delilah for those that don't know her) for this post. You've pretty much covered all bases here, and I can only hope as you do, that some kind of peace and order can be restored to this board.

It's true, we have lost a lot of older members recently due to unnecessary conflicts - members that have been around a lot longer than I have. This place just isn't what it used to be. I'll be the first to admit that at times I tend to spout off more than I should, but I've been working on resolving that problem. I just get so aggravated at some of the nonsense that goes on at times, and I add my 2 cents worth when I should just keep my opinions to myself. But as I've said repeatedly - it's only my opinion for what it's worth.

That being said, I'll try to make this my last post in this thread, and any other thread that involves potentially explosive material. I intend to do my part to put an end to all this nonsense. If it means leaving this community, so be it.

And to EVERYBODY - if you want to be part of restoring this board to what it used to be - then DO NOT comment on this post.

And yes - I realize that this post is "off topic", so I'm guilty as charged this time.

Thanks again Terry - I'll be in touch thu email.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I have very little time to be on PT anymore for family illness and other things. I really miss PT. I have a few spare minutes today so I decided to visit. Question:

WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING ON THIS BOARD ALL OF A SUDDEN????

Another comment::::For those asking questions and acting shocked that some folks think some of you have attitude problems......your posts are screaming attitude problem and confrontation. Perhaps some of you can't see it but most of us can.

Thank you for a well written and great post. ( shortened here as anyone can read it above) Ditto for me .
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    Thank you for a well written and great post. ( shortened here as anyone can read it above) Ditto for me .
    Another in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
    Threads like this are needed to educate, to help people realize that set ups like this do not always mean irresponsibility, and even worse, some would see things like this out in the real world as someone who mistreats his dogs and maybe even fights them. I am new here, correct me if I am wrong, but are forums such as this not used to help educate and to discuss certain aspects of ownership?
    Yes, these forums have an educational bent. However, the boards have never been anti APBT, and have been rabidly anti BSL as long as I've been here. The OP, as stated in his last post, wanted a confrontation. There's no reason to be confrontational here, as very, very few here have a bias against pitties.

I also think its down right disrespectful to say "slew of new people that continue to cause trouble", as you are speaking about the influx of APBT and bully people who have joined the boards. I think it comes down to an idea people may already have when it comes to things these new people discuss and don't want to discuss. Intentions are never to stir the pot, if you see the topic that way you already have some pre conceived notions towards the idea and see it that way from the get go.
    Disrespectful?

Disrespectful is coming here as the OP did with an intention to cause conflict. THAT is disrespect.

Disrespectful is assuming that these boards are anti-pit. No, they're not. Yes, there have been harsh responses to some of the posts, but it has nothing to do with the breed, rather it is a reaction to the attitude of some of the people who have posted. If you were to actually LOOK at some of the past threads about pitties, you'll find that the anti-pit posts have been met with nothing but disgust in most cases. Again, it has nothing to do with the breed, it has to do with the attitudes of some of the people. Frankly, I prefer dogs to people most of the time, and people who come onto a new forum knowing nothing about it and start arguments are one of the many reasons I think dogs are better than people.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I completely disagree. With a thread like this I believe intentions are to show there are right ways to go about doing things such as tethering an animal for a good part of its day. Confrontational, how? Because its a topic that can cause confrontation? Thats not the OPs fault, thats those who respond in a negative way. Threads like this are needed to educate, to help people realize that set ups like this do not always mean irresponsibility, and even worse, some would see things like this out in the real world as someone who mistreats his dogs and maybe even fights them. I am new here, correct me if I am wrong, but are forums such as this not used to help educate and to discuss certain aspects of ownership?

Agreed. For those who don't like it, simple, don't read and don't respond

If these are truely 'trolls' as so many of you put it, then a mod would of said something to address the issue. And a mod has yet to said anything so thus there is nothing to address!

I find it hard to 'pity' some of the people who say the forum isn't what isn't what it use to be, when some of these same people are sending nasty PMs. I don't see how thats any better or welcoming for our newcomers.

Don't like a person? Don't like their post? There's a little something called ignorning their posts Problem solved.
    MY RUGRATS

You think your site is really doing me harm?

I been under the spot light for many yrs, I got all the hatters after me...

http://cravendesires.blogspot.com/

I don't run away scared LOL

I'm a fighter not a lover, I fight for what I believe in

The point you're missing is that minus your attitude there's no fight here.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    The point you're missing is that minus your attitude there's no fight here.
    But the attempt is still being made but for the most part ignored, that why pettalk is so special.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I don't have to be here in the first place!!!

As I've said i'm very busy with other hatters LOL

Then please, don't let this board be a bother to you and use your time for other pursuits.

Have fun, now. kthanxbai.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

Then please, don't let this board be a bother to you and
    use your time for other pursuits.
    See ya ... B-Bye!!