Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I'm just wondering whats your thought on chaining a dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post
    See ya ... B-Bye!!

Later Hun!!!

Hey Phred you got a new nickname now okay Hun, seems kinda fitting for a retired firedude
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post

Hey Phred you got a new nickname now okay Hun ,
    seems kinda fitting for a retired firedude
    >snikker<

So, who *retired*?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post
    >snikker<

So, who *retired*?

I retired.... after reading some of these post

Ooops sorry hun I didn't realize you were still an active firedude!

I have been frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post

... I didn't realize you were still an active firedude!

SEMI-active firedude.

Marty, if you wanna be a d!(k take it back to Chaz.

This could have been a good thread, and Ive tried to make educational posts from my limited observasions with chaining, but if your gonna pull this carp you are not helping your cause or your breed.

For the PT crowd....

Many people have succesfully chained dogs for years if not decades without problems or damaging their dogs, and not just pit bulls, but sled dogs as well.

I know the anti chainers have all their reasons on why its bad but many of the same problems can crop up with kenneling under the same conditions that damage dogs on a chain, ever look into the conditions racing greyhounds are kept?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Marty, if you wanna be a d!(k take it back to Chaz.

This could have been a good thread, and Ive tried to make educational posts from my limited observasions with chaining, but if your gonna pull this carp you are not helping your cause or your breed.

For the PT crowd....

Many people have succesfully chained dogs for years if not decades without problems or damaging their dogs, and not just pit bulls, but sled dogs as well.

I know the anti chainers have all their reasons on why its bad but many of the same problems can crop up with kenneling under the same conditions that damage dogs on a chain, ever look into the conditions racing greyhounds are kept?
    Got to keep face I guess, dude I have no idea what your talking about but Ok I'm gone, this is not the site I thought it was anyway

Goodbye

I wish you would take a few others with you.

[QUOTE=sasvermont;2224719]

Please edit my quotes from your posts.
    Thank you
    Last edited by redog; 01-07-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: edited with all due respect
    I love my bully!

Behavior IS important

There have always been new members here, and for most, they are welcomed with open arms.

Not everyone here gets along, as I am sure is true about any forum.

When you roll in, thinking you own the forum after having been here only a few days, it rubs people the wrong way. It has nothing to do with the pet, but the owner.

I have never been banned from a forum or been asked to leave. I try to fit in and yet I still find myself getting into arguments from time to time.

If the socializing part of the forum is something you need to brush up on, please do take the time and then come back with better people skills.

We have members with thousands of posts after many years .... and then someone comes along to tell us how they are here to educate us. We have lots of members who have let us come to know their pets and their solutions to problems. We don't need people to ram information down our throats.

So, if this forum doesn't fit for you, move on and do yourself and us a favor. The upset just isn't worth it and it is dragging down the morale of the forum.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by redog View Post
    look at this link and see the excuses made by op. every single suggestion was shot down.http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2222534
    Just for your information - redog (not that it's any of your business) but - I made another call to AC this a.m., and they have agreed to come out and investigate and patrol for this dog. So the squeaky wheel really does get the grease!

And they specifically told me NOT to try to approach him. Obviously they agree with the fact that he could be anything but friendly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    There have always been new members here, and for most, they are welcomed with open arms.

Not everyone here gets along, as I am sure is true about any forum.

When you roll in, thinking you own the forum after having been here only a few days, it rubs people the wrong way. It has nothing to do with the pet, but the owner.

I have never been banned from a forum or been asked to leave. I try to fit in and yet I still find myself getting into arguments from time to time.

If the socializing part of the forum is something you need to brush up on, please do take the time and then come back with better people skills.

We have members with thousands of posts after many years .... and then someone comes along to tell us how they are here to educate us. We have lots of members who have let us come to know their pets and their solutions to problems. We don't need people to ram information down our throats.

So, if this forum doesn't fit for you, move on and do yourself and us a favor. The upset just isn't worth it and it is dragging down the morale of the forum.
    Very well said.

I have been frosted!

Some people happen to like pet talk just the way it is. We may not have many "professional" dog people, but we do have a sound network of caring, passionate people. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

I haven't seen any slamming of APBT people here. It just gives the wrong impression when one poster posts and thread meant for confrontation and then a whole slew of backup joins to defend. And it just happens that the back up was APBT people. It has nothing to do with the breed of dog you own but the way you carry yourself on the boards.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Okay, I tried my best to stay out. I am an absolutely non-confrontational person, but PT is taking a hit, along with some people that are very special to me and I just can't take it anymore.

FIRST: Out of respect for the original poster and question, I will answer it. I HATE CHAINING DOGS BY THE COLLAR. Do you want to know why? Go see this thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ghlight=NIKATA I understand there are some dogs who pose a threat, or for other reasons need to be restrained. Use a harness or proper dog runs, and don't leave them out to annoy or frighten those around them. I grew up with my family breeding Irish Setters who could jump six foot fences from a standing position. They had runs.

SECOND: PT is a wonderful 'board' (I think that's the proper term) with seriously caring, loving, and accepting PET people. You want proof? Go see the same thread (among many others). They have been very helpful and knowledgeable towards my issues, and those of others; I hope they continue to do so.

There's my two cents. Now (and I have said this before), I'm going back to the kitty threads where I belong. It's much happier there.
    Last edited by Pinot's Mom; 01-07-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: CORRECTED LINK
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!