Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I'm just wondering whats your thought on chaining a dog?

Quote Originally Posted by MonicanHonda View Post
    Alright, after reading all of the pages on the forum threads Marty posted... I have come to the conclusion that...

Yes, he does answer vaguely to annoy people and then they start fighting with EACH OTHER and it blows up into big fights. Apparently, they talk about dog fighting on his forum. They also laugh about getting everyone on other forum websites to fight...

I gave the benefit of the doubt that you guys were really trying to educate people about pitbulls, but seeing two forums blow up over pitbulls because of something ONE person... the SAME person, wrote and how he writes it...

someone's up to no good.

Oh, and also the fact that he doesn't answer questions... how can you educate if you don't open up and share your information... ??? We are open to learning... believe me... but if someone isn't sharing the information that is needed to learn... how do we learn? I usually have a whole text book of information in my classes that I learn from. And powerpoints. And I ask questions, and they get answered.

And Blue, why are you standing for this guy when you kept telling him that he had a stick somewhere in one of his body cavities on the other website???? (Not trying to argue here, but I'm just asking because I want to know if he posted somewhere else and it made more sense or not)
    Thanks for doing the research, Monica. Find that one paragraph very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by apbtmom76 View Post

Candy - I love those pics, I am terrified of crips, lol, btu omg those pics are too cute
    Thanks!

Oh and its 54 degrees in Florida!! As much as I complain about wanting snow, I want the cold to go away soon! But it looks like its going to be 70 on friday, so hopefully I can go to the beach on Saturday!! Yay for beach weather all year long! As for bugs, I don't know, I never had a problem with them?

And omg did you guys even read the threads? He does NOT fight his dogs. Sigh.
    MY RUGRATS

Quote Originally Posted by Candy317 View Post
    Thanks!

Oh and its 54 degrees in Florida!! As much as I complain about wanting snow, I want the cold to go away soon! But it looks like its going to be 70 on friday, so hopefully I can go to the beach on Saturday!! Yay for beach weather all year long! As for bugs, I don't know, I never had a problem with them?

And omg did you guys even read the threads? He does NOT fight his dogs. Sigh.
    lol girl it is about 38 right now and that is really cold for here but I am with ya on it getting warmer and soon, I would much rather have the 105 degree days than this, lol, and bugs are not a big deal is what bug spray is for, lmaooo

~thank you Krista for my siggy~
    www.k9bsl.com

You're welcome Grace.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

He most likely doesn't. I don't think someone goes around flaunting that. But they do talk about it on his website. People brought it up on the forum he posted. You're right, I only glanced at his game dogs website. I did see stuff about dog fighting, but did not look into it. And just because I said they TALK about it... doesn't mean I meant that he did it. *Edited to add this*

As for the bugs... they REALLY creep me out. Like... I'm a BABY when it comes to spiders. I'm getting BETTER, but big ones still creep me out Eww eww eww.

He most likely doesn't. I don't think someone goes around flaunting that. But they do talk about it on his website. People brought it up on the forum he posted. You're right, I only glanced at his game dogs website. I did see stuff about dog fighting, but did not look into it. And just because I said they TALK about it... doesn't mean I meant that he did it. *Edited to add this*

As for the bugs... they REALLY creep me out. Like... I'm a BABY when it comes to spiders. I'm getting BETTER, but big ones still creep me out Eww eww eww.
    Aww I love spiders, except the colorful ones. They tickle when the walk on you. If I see a roach I pick it up by its antenna and give to my dogs to kill. I dunno I'm just weird haha. Only things that creep me out are frogs/toads, sharks, crocs/alligators, and anything posionous.
    MY RUGRATS

Oh, man. Your post gave me the creeps! hahaha I don't mind froggies, they're cute. I don't like sharks though... they're really cool creatures, but I know if I go in the ocean, a shark will pick me out and eat me. hahaha

Oh, man. Your post gave me the creeps! hahaha I don't mind froggies, they're cute. I don't like sharks though... they're really cool creatures, but I know if I go in the ocean, a shark will pick me out and eat me. hahaha
    When I lived with my ex, I was the one who would take the lizards that would come in outside. I always use to tell him stuff about roaches to scare him too, haha, like how many babies they produce in a month and how they can live a couple of months without their head.
    MY RUGRATS

Quote Originally Posted by Candy317 View Post
    When I lived with my ex, I was the one who would take the lizards that would come in outside. I always use to tell him stuff about roaches to scare him too, haha, like how many babies they produce in a month and how they can live a couple of months without their head.
    ... THANKS. Hahaha. I'm fine with lizards though. I love them. ahaha

When done correctly and for the proper reasons like Marty has done I see absolutely nothing wrong with chaining up your animals. I myself would never be able to keep my dogs chained on a constant basis but I am not against those that have to.

Marty;2223864:How about you come and spend the day with us and see what we do all day long I'm in Ga and thats not to far away >>>>>>

Well I live out in CA. so how about indulging me and answering Anna's questions. You said you wanted to educate us! Now I am curious about your dogs. Do you have a web site that explains about you, your training and breeding program etc.? I have seen plenty of fabulous pics.

----<---<--<{(@

And Blue, why are you standing for this guy when you kept telling him that he had a stick somewhere in one of his body cavities on the other website???? (Not trying to argue here, but I'm just asking because I want to know if he posted somewhere else and it made more sense or not)
    This thread is about chaining, and from what Ive seen Marty is doing it properly and correctly, not what Chazhound feels about him or his dogs.

Im banned from Chazhound so it makes searching over their imposible, but if I remember right, the way Marty and others from Game-Dog where treated I dont blame him or them for being vague in their answers.
    Last edited by blue; 01-05-2010 at 09:37 PM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Yea, I have read a lot of threads from over there where Marty was involved and while he was educating and showing he did the best for his dogs, a lot of people still had other ideas and did not present them in the best ways.

Confrontational? yes I am and its because I've done this same thing for many yrs with the same type of forum's and member's as this one, can you say foresight?...

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Thank you LH for your posts. I agree 100+%.

I said I wasn't going to publically post in response to any other post here, and in keeping with that, I sent a PM to one of the OP's friends, explaining in a rational manner, why I, and a lot of others, see him as confrontational. I shouldn't have wasted my time and energy, because in the end, I was told that I was rude and bashing the OP. I still have the PM's, and would be glad to forward them to anyone who might want to view the conversation, then you can tell me if I was rude and a basher.

This OP started out looking for issues in his Introduction. He admittedly "opened a can of worms", and when no one took the bait, he started this tread with the same intention. Not a lot of folks read Intros - thus the lack of response - IMO of course. So he starts a new thread (same subject) here - makes it a one sentence post ending with "so what's the big problem?" HUH????? Nobody had a chance to even say if it was a problem, since he chose to make it one on his own, and in only one sentence. Is it any wonder that people view him as confrontational? If someone says to me "so what's the big problem?", or "have you got a problem with that?", and the like, then I know "words" will probably follow.

I have nothing against the OP, his dogs, his friends, etc. Perhaps if he would change his approach and soften up just a little, people might see him in a different light. I'm not saying to be sweet and syrupy, but tone it down a notch or two. Again - this is my opinion for what it's worth.
    So you thought you would get some different answer's from my friend's?

Why not come to me?

So, I'm going to try and rephrase a question I have from Anna's post... and one you never answered on the forum thread you posted...

My previous dalmatian had excellent definition in her hind quarters... they have very strong legs, hence why they can run for miles. She acquired these amazing muscles (because she didn't have them when I had her) by running her with me on my bike every day for a very long time.

Yes, genetics has something to do with it... but...

I know that you cannot get a dog that looks like that from genetics. How, exactly, do you get your dogs in amazing shape for showing them?
    dalmatian and APBT's are two different breeds, Lilbit is 100% natural nothing but love and a bed to sleep on all day long, my dogs are taken off the chain and shown in ADBA conformaition show's and win Best of show and Best of opposite...

Brother and sister winning both Best in show and best of opposite in a ADBA point show....

Quote Originally Posted by KYS View Post
    Marty;2223864:How about you come and spend the day with us and see what we do all day long I'm in Ga and thats not to far away >>>>>>

Well I live out in CA. so how about indulging me and answering Anna's questions. You said you wanted to educate us! Now I am curious about your dogs. Do you have a web site that explains about you, your training and breeding program etc.? I have seen plenty of fabulous pics.
    Check out Game-dog.com, Pitbull-chat.com

Why not just Google "Marty's lilbit" were known all over the world LOL

Game-dog.com is more geared to the history of the breed and yes it lintels the talk of dog fighting... do I agree with dog fighting? heck no!

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    If everyone had thoroughly read LH's posts, they just might have gotten a clue!
    Why are you derailing my post with what went on in another post?

This thread is about chaining dogs and what pet owners think about it!!!

Mod's please delete off topic post's

I only glanced at his game dogs website. I did see stuff about dog fighting, but did not look into it.So you took a glance and your going to condemn me to hell cause we talk about the history of the breed?

I'm a very busy man so if I don't get right back to you don't think nothing of it

Hmm, did I say I was going to condemn you to hell? No... I don't think I did. Thank you very much.

As for your dogs, then I do feel sorry for them if they don't even get a walk. Get them out once in awhile, dogs love it.