Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackey

Blackey

We had to put our cat down today. He had fluid in his lungs.
    It's mad the night before i was playing with him but when I woke up it was completely different. I woke up to a cat crying in pain, my dad and brother like myself were really worried about him so the two of them brought him to the vet. When they got back my dad told me that he had broken his back but about a half an hour later the vet phoned and told us that he has fluid in his lungs, from a number of x-rays he found that his lungs were in an awful state.
    My mam came in as soon as my dad finished talking to the vet, she came into the kitchen seeing me crying. We were all really upset. My mam is taking it really badly.
    The four of us then went to the vets to see him for the last time, when we walked into the room he was there lying on the table, not moving, with an oxygen mask over his face. We spent the next while with him saying goodbye.
    It then came the time to put him down, the vet asked if we wanted to stay. Me and my dad stayed. When he was giving him the injection I couldn't bare it and I broke out in tears again. When the vet finished I went over to him. I kissed him and lifted him up, he didn't move at all, he was lifeless, I know he had just died but the mear fact that just the night before I was playing with him shocked me the most. It really puts life into perspective.
    Me and my dad gave our final goodbyes. We then went home to a house that was missing a large part of it.
    We have two other cats (brother and sister) that are one and a half years old but they won't fill the void. Blackey was my first pet and he will always be the best.
    We got him on the 23rd of December 2003, my dad came home and he got me two carry a box from the car. I said messing "it's alive!" and wouldn't ya know it, when I opened the box a little black kitten jumped out at me and ran under the christmas tree. He was the best Christmas present I had and will ever have.
    He was six years old and a lovely cat, even though a ferrel cat had four kittens out our back he still took care of them. We gave two of the kittens away and kept two. I think they know that something is missing, I just hope that they last a lot longer than six years.
    I love and miss him so much, he'll always have a place beside me.
    We had Blackey from 23rd December 2003 to 31st December 2009.

Sorry for putting a damper on new years but I just need to talk about it, any suggestions to help with getting over it will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

R.I.P Blackey, I miss and love you loads!

Welcome to PT and dont worry about being a dampner. Its good to remember the good times we've had with our loved pets. Two of my cats are gone, but I still smile remembering them.

Im going to be the one who makes the final call for my parents cat because they wont be able to, plus they got her from me. Taking her to the vet would put way more stress on her then having the vet brought to the house to have her PTS.

You did the right thing and remember the times he made you laugh and smile. My barn cats have been gone for 20 or so years and they still make me laugh and smile.

Slainte.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Sound, it'll be weird walking around the house in the next couple of weeks without him.
    I knew this was going to come eventually one way or another but so soon! I don't know the life expectancy of a cat but six years............ that's too short.

6 Is too short.

La Vie Claire made it to 6 before she attacked a moving truck, she was a mean, and territorial cat and she left a dent. Cineli made it to at least 12 before quietly expiring under the day bed in my dads sunroom on the other side of the country the day before I got there for Christmas week.

As long as his memories make you smile you are doing good.

I taught Cineli to fetch almost 20 years ago and Im laughing and shedding a tear at the same time remembering that.

On one hand I am very sorry for your loss, on the other hand I am very greatfull for bringing up very happy memories of my barn cats from many years ago.

RIP Blackey. May you have many happy memories.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Prayers and condolences to you, Thomas. I still remember a black cat I had; he was put down when I was 13, and I am 53 now. He was MY cat, and I grieved horribly.

Now, he is a special memory...and I pray a guardian angel for me.

Blackey, send purrs to Thomas in his sleep and let him know you are healthy and free again.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm sorry to hear about Blackey. He sounds like he was a wonderful loving cat. I don't know if you've heard of Rainbow Bridge or not but here's a link about it and at the bottom they also have a link for pet loss grief support:http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm. I had a black cat named Pepper and he became very ill and I had to put him down when he was almost 6 years old so I feel your pain. Usually indoor only cats live to at least 10 years old or much longer. I'm sure that Blackey knows how much you loved him and he'll live in your heart forever. RIP sweet boy.

My blackie Boo is sitting on my lap right now as I type. He's 18. I know how lucky I am to still have him. I rescued him and his sister Peeka together and she died at the age of 14. Age 6 is way too young to lose them but you did everything right and all you could to give Blackey a good, loving home and the time that he had w/you was quality time for sure. It's never easy to lose one of our furkids no matter their age, I know. Boo lost his girlfriend and best bud Pidgie just last week. I had to have her put to sleep and she was 21 1/2 years old and Boo hasn't been the same since and neither have I. You're right, the house just isn't the same. I feel so bad for you; I know how you're hurting and the only thing that will help to heal the hurt is time. Just know that you did the last act of kindness for Blackey and he loves you even more for it b/c you didn't allow him to suffer. RIP, sweet Blackey and peace to your humans.

A candle for Blackey: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9884988
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

You are not putting a damper on our New Year Thomas , this is a site where we know that as many good times we have with Our Cats , there is a time when we have to say goodbye.
    Your Blackey had a very good life with you and your family , and was so beloved and he certainly was a Lucky Cat to have a place where he was warm and fed as there are so many Lost Pets who will never know that life.
    Blackey reminds me of Tubby 2 named after famed Tubby Angel , the Black Stray who was a Found Cat for about a year before I found him very weak and hardly moving.
    He passed on as I was calling My Vet and he was taken to My Vets Clinic where his ashes were interred by the Wishing Well of Prayer where blessings are invoked for the Pets who are interred there.
    Tubby 2 , Ebony Beau and Ebonite will be waiting at the Pristine Cove tonight and will be the first to greet Blackey as he arrives for the picnic and then the All Night Party in his honor at the Tensing Pen Hotel where Blackey will receive the first room service platter of his choice.
    And Blackey will search and search untii he finds that very special place where you will be reunited in love.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thomas, I know your pain very well. It always hurts terribly to lose them! Time helps the pain, but you never forget them. That is because the love you shared never dies. I believe you will meet again and on that day, the joy will exceed the pain of your parting. Hang in there, Blackey is healthy and happy now and will fill you in on all of his adventures when he sees you again!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I am so very sorry for you and your family, Thomas. What a sad way to meet the new year.

Rest in peace, Blackey. You are greatly loved and grieved.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thomas I am sending my thoughts and prayers for you and your family during this difficult time. 6 is not old at all but Tigger was only 5 when he died so I know the feeling. You did the right thing in coming here. When Tigger died it hurt real bad. But my faith,family and this board helped me and my mother through the difficult period. I still miss Tigger and wishes that he was still here. But Tigger is in a better place and I hope that Tigger is showing Blackey around. This site also helped http://www.rainbowbridge.com/Poem.htm
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

I'm sorry about Blacky. We have a black cat named Sophie. We've only had her for about 3 years. I agree though, 6 years is way too short for a cat. It's hard losing them. My brother has a cat named Jasmine and he's had her about 4 years. She came up missing about 3-4 months ago and still hasn't come back home. We don't know what happened to her. So, it's really hard losing something you love... Nothing anyone can say is gonna help the void you feel from losing Blacky. The only thing that will help some is time. I'm really sorry
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I am so sorry to read about your losing Blackie, Thomas. Although it feels like the pain will never go away, it does fade with time; we keep all the lovely memories though and he will always be in your heart.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks everyone, it's all really appreciated.

And Today when My Aunt Joan and I go to the Swiss Chalet for Our Half Chicken Dinners we know that Tubby 2, Ebony Beau Tubster and Ebonite will ask Blackey to join them in the Black Cat Angels Army and join in in the Rotissiere Chicken, Baked Potato of Fries and Dessert with Dipping Sauce .
    And everday Blackey will have meals in nice places and we are sure he will finmd one that you can all share when you reminicse about your years together of love and companionship.
    One Fine Day.
    Last edited by catmandu; 01-07-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS