Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cat Purse?

Yeah the reason why short hairs animals don't work is because you need to be able to clip the hair off them and not brush it. Like I would say spring would be best right when their fur starts to shed more...then you just bath them shave them down and then you get the clean fresh fur, that is what they want, but I'm thinking on the whole brushed idea and if its possible to wash the fur after its been removed, though I can see how hard it would be to keep from tangling. They really like the fur to be clean, I think its something to do with the spinning process though I don't know much about it.

The easiest is to find a local cat/dog groomer and see if they would just put that cat's/dog's fur in an old shoe box and seal that up until you get to making it..

I think the scarf Idea is so cool too.

Smudge's fur is so long and soft that I've been saving his combed fur for a few years now. I want to keep collecting it until there's enough to spin and knit into a scarf. But it won't smell like him, it'll smell like cedar, because I keep a cedar-oil-soaked cork in the container to keep clothes moths away.

Love, Columbine