Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

I'm thinking a good thought and saying a prayer for the people in Arizona and California who are dealing with hot weather and fires. Please be safe!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    That is a great idea! I will as well. I was watching the news and my heart just breaks for them, some people looked so devestated I cried a bit. Can't really imagine that happening to our family and how we would cope. Life eh.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    The supermarket had watermelon slices, already on a foam tray and wrapped in plastic. They cost proportionately more than a whole watermelon, but I went ahead and bought a slice anyway because that's the portion I can use for just me. I like this time of year when summer fruit is available and delicious!
    I bought a large bucket of sliced watermelon for 10 bucks - I saw the seedless whole melons for 4 dollars on my next trip!!!!

Dang, if I could make six dollars for slicing up fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    That is a great idea! I will as well. I was watching the news and my heart just breaks for them, some people looked so devestated I cried a bit. Can't really imagine that happening to our family and how we would cope. Life eh.
    How are you doing in B.C.? I heard there are wildfires up there too...

I'm also thinking a good thought and saying a prayer for the people wherever they are who are dealing with hot weather and fires. Please be safe!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

5. So thrilled, in fact, I'm looking forward to macroeconomics.
    Last edited by bestellen; 01-22-2018 at 01:11 PM.

I finally got around to replace my old(!!!!!) mattress, and I got one of those memory foam ones that come compressed in a box. Wow, that was the weirdest thing I have ever unpacked. Out of the box, it was tightly rolled up in a plastic wrap. Before I even started cutting it open, I could hear a strange noise. It was air getting into the wrap, and the mattress already started expanding.
    Once the plastic was off, it kept getting bigger like one of those tiny towels you have to soak in water. Within a few minutes, it had grown to full size.
    Anyway, it's a wonderfully comfy mattress.

Why do I always get the shopping cart with the squeaky bum wheel? I then have to waste several minutes to find a quiet one.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I bought a large bucket of sliced watermelon for 10 bucks - I saw the seedless whole melons for 4 dollars on my next trip!!!!

Dang, if I could make six dollars for slicing up fruit?
    In my corner of the woods, you definitely could! Not to mention how much you could earn selling the cut-up packaged fruit to people who will quickly buy it! Watermelon, cantaloupe, mango... yes!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Blog Entries
    I know better than to bring up D.T. but... really? Now he is disrespecting transgendered people who are risking their lives for Americans, fighting for their freedom and protecting him and his entitled family from terrorists. He did not serve, neither will his kids and I am fairly sure his grandkids won't either. I have never been more emberassed for another human being in my entire life. sigh. Glad I'm Canadian

Blog Entries
    One more thing, no disrespect but that guy needs to get his arse out of the White House and go back to doing what he does best. Stroking his own ego and being narcissistic whilst indulging himself in his endless pursuit of $$. He could care less about America and everyone on the planet knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    In my corner of the woods, you definitely could! Not to mention how much you could earn selling the cut-up packaged fruit to people who will quickly buy it! Watermelon, cantaloupe, mango... yes!
    When I get a chance to go back to California I always stop at the little carts that sell fruit cups - The guy will chop it up while you watch and he tops it with a squeeze of lemon juice and a season salt called "Tajin".

For about 5 dollars you get a quart sized container with what is in season - usually watermelon, cantaloupe, mango, jicama, and pineapple.

Tajin is a lemon/salt/chili seasoning salt that goes really well with the tastes of the fruit.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=6&ajaxhist=0

http://www.tajin.com/recipes

As crazy as it sounds? Tajin is really good, sprinkled on a frozen fruit bar!!!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    When I get a chance to go back to California I always stop at the little carts that sell fruit cups - The guy will chop it up while you watch and he tops it with a squeeze of lemon juice and a season salt called "Tajin".

For about 5 dollars you get a quart sized container with what is in season - usually watermelon, cantaloupe, mango, jicama, and pineapple.

Tajin is a lemon/salt/chili seasoning salt that goes really well with the tastes of the fruit.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=6&ajaxhist=0

http://www.tajin.com/recipes

As crazy as it sounds? Tajin is really good, sprinkled on a frozen fruit bar!!!

Sounds yummy! And because he cuts it up there I bet you could say, "No mango, please, I'm allergic," right?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Sounds yummy! And because he cuts it up there I bet you could say, "No mango, please, I'm allergic," right?
    Yep, you can get anything you want, anyway you want!

I was at the supermarket yesterday. They have a counter where smoothies are made to order and pots of wheat grass were lined up along the edge of the counter. You know exactly what my thought was: why do they have kitty grass at the smoothie bar? (apparently wheat grass is an ingredient in smoothies)

Missing my girl today, kitty grass was one of her favorite treats. I need to go to the shelter where I adopted her, and pet some of the current kitty residents.

Those sound like good ideas, Elyse! (Smoothies with kitty grass, and visiting Cassie's shelter to pet kitties.)

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery