Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

Someone gave us some boxes of pectin.

Across the top of the box:

Recipes inside!

On a sticker on the bottom of the box:

No recipes inside. Go to ******.com for recipes.
    And if you have no Internet capability, you are completely out of luck. Stupid marketing person!
    I've Been Frosted

The windows on the house were opened for the first time this year.

It was a nice mid 70's and the sound of motorcycles permeated the air.

I am jealous.

Who is Will, and why the heck does everyone fire at him?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Am I the only one who looks at the pile of orange peels and thinks what a shame it is to waste them? I mean to at least grate of the zest for cookies or something later, but they just seem like they should be used for something! All those orange oil and bright color ....
    I've Been Frosted

Today (March 23) is National Puppy Day - to encourage adoption rather than a visit to a pet shop. So ... puppy and dog parents, could you please give your dog "kids" a big hug for me. I have learned so much about puppies and dogs through PT!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Tissues with lotion (and Vick's) infused in them are great for a touchy nose, but they don't work so well for cleaning glasses...
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Tissues with lotion (and Vick's) infused in them are great for a touchy nose, but they don't work so well for cleaning glasses...
    Now what are you drinking out of?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I am sure he meant eyeglasses - not drinking glasses!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I am sure he meant eyeglasses - not drinking glasses!
    Of course he did, Why am I going to let him get away with a post that screams "DO A PUN/JOKE?"

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Paper cups. No matter how many times I washed the glasses in the cupboard they came out cloudy. Had to throw 'em out.

Work with me on this one?

You are cooking and need to use a measuring cup - you need one cup of water.

HOW do you do it?

------

I pick up the cup in my left hand - I am right handed - I hold the cup under the faucet and work the handle with my right.......Got it so far?

With the measuring cup in my left hand, I raise it to read the markings and then realize that the markings are in milliliters.

------
    In order to read the markings - the ones I am familiar with cup and fractions there of?

I have to spin the cup and my head around or change hands to get to see the cups measuring marks.

Ugh, that irks to poop out of me every time, BTW? It's a nice glass Pyrex cup......

For one cup, I just use the plastic half cup I keep handy for most thing, and fill it twice! Honest! When I need more than a cup, I use the Pyrex cup and set it on the counter, pour, either crouch or pick the cup up to eye level to check how close I am, set it back down and adjust accordingly!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    For one cup, I just use the plastic half cup I keep handy for most thing, and fill it twice! Honest! When I need more than a cup, I use the Pyrex cup and set it on the counter, pour, either crouch or pick the cup up to eye level to check how close I am, set it back down and adjust accordingly!
    There is a set of plastic nesting measuring cups on a string hanging off of a cupboard knob. Now, it would be easy to grab them, find the right cup and go from there? But THAT would be too easy!!!!

That's why I hate the newer Pyrex measuring cups. I broke our old quart measuring cup that had the measurements on the correct side.

That's why I hate the newer Pyrex measuring cups. I broke our old quart measuring cup that had the measurements on the correct side.
    Hmm, should we check the ones from Ennis Rd? - they are now in a box to be given away, but we have a list so know which box it would be in!
    I've Been Frosted