Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Is there a problem when your Christmas shopping list includes 12 pounds of coffee?
    I heard that coffee will throw the nose of a cadaver dog off when you bury a body?

-------------------

I really DESPISE the computer commercial in which the guy is singing about why his tablet stinks. I hate it so much that I don't know the product or the song.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I heard that coffee will throw the nose of a cadaver dog off when you bury a body?

-------------------

I really DESPISE the computer commercial in which the guy is singing about why his tablet stinks. I hate it so much that I don't know the product or the song.
    Then they must not be good at finding Swedes!
    I've Been Frosted

Today was the alternative Christmas market at my church. Each year there is a petting area for the kids. This year there were sheep, goats, a snake (!), a skunk (scent gland-less). An adorable long-haired brown bunny named Mufasa and a chinchilla who was about as big as my two closed fists, thumbs together. I got to pet each of them just for a quick moment. The bunny was soooo sweet and the chinchilla was so incredibly soft! I think the bunny might have been a lion head and he sure had a ton of admirers at the Christmas market! Karen, I did ask one of their staff to consider nominating each of them for POTD. The chinchilla was sort of an ivory-cream color and such soft fur. So that was fun!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

When did a different idea to approach a problem or a handy tip become a "hack"?

Hacks aren't positive things, they're irritating (to be kind...)

The way they're getting posted on line you'd think they were new and innovative, when most of them have been around for ages.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Over the last few months, "hack" has become the trendy term for such things. I guess "tip" has gone the way of cd players! Words, as in all things, go in and out of style!
    I've Been Frosted

Yes, but "hack" has a negative connotation for many people. The "life hack", etc, has been forced on us by children running social media and journalists who are attempting to be hipsters.

Hack to the younger generation refers to a shortcut to a game, not computer vandalism.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

PT Friends, does anyone (or do you know anyone) have experience using a therapy light for seasonal affective disorder? My doctor told me to look into it. Menards has one for $60. The full 10,000 lux lights cost around $200 and I don't have that kind of money right now. As I understand it, the combination of intensity and timing is what makes it work. As I'm typing this, it has been mostly cloudy all week, I am tired and drained. The doctor thought that if I can spend 15-20 minutes with it every morning to start, and work up to half an hour, that might help until the days start to get noticeably longer again.

Thank you so much,
    Elyse

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Thought I replied to this! I have a friend who bought one of those lamps, and said it really helped her. It is worth a shot, really, especially the $50 one!
    I've Been Frosted

Absolutely thrilled with the creative writing course I'm taking.

So thrilled, in fact, I'm looking forward to macroeconomics.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Maybe we will see the sun again some day. This is day 10 (or somewhere around there) of damp, chilly/cold, rain/snow, gloomy and no sun - other than a quick peak of it every so often. Maybe this is what it feels like to live in London?????
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

These are cheetah cubs that were born in November at the zoo in Prague ... RAWR, babies!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwww!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It's official now.. Jim Harbaugh is the new football coach for the University of Michigan.

He's leaving San Francisco to come back to a place that has WINTER? Is he crazy?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

For $8 million/year I think he can stand a little winter.

How many Professors could the U of M hire for that price?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    For $8 million/year I think he can stand a little winter.

How many Professors could the U of M hire for that price?
    Heck, how many deserving students could they give a scholarship to, and professors to teach them, too!
    I've Been Frosted