Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

A "seismic blast" in my neighborhood!

We had a "seismic blast" in my neighborhood around noon today. I did feel it. The furniture shook and rocked, and a couple of tchotchkes fell down. There is a quarry about a mile away from where I live; they claim they weren't blasting today. I suspect there might have been blasting going on that someone didn't know about. Pretty freaky for my neighborhood though!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,7206866.story
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Glad everyone is okay! That must have been an odd sensation!
    I've Been Frosted

Okay, today's yummmmmmmy discovery - vegan dairy-free, nut-free, Kosher rugelach - in chocolate or cinnamon!

On my current restrictions, and with my food allergies, this was a delightful find! They actually also had raspberry and apricot, but I resisted the urge to buy a tray full of each, and settled with two kinds. The cinnamon could have been stronger, but hey, for what it is, they are great!

For those who have never had them, rugelach is a traditional Jewish cookie, the dough is cream cheese based, delicate to make and not very glamorous looking, but really, really yummy! I discovered them not long after moving to Newton, which is heavily ethnically Jewish, so delis and bakeries abound.
    I've Been Frosted

SO basically everything Captain Jean Luc Picard is amazing, inspirational, and beautiful.

WTH? I just got a spam offer for....(drum roll please) a CORDLESS earwax remover!

I though those were called Q-tips?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I am counting down the days until I can eat normal food again!
    I've Been Frosted

Truly happy! I am now back to eating whatever I want - was on no iodine diet for 15 days - so no dairy, egg, anything with regular salt in it ...

Currently eating Cheez-its (reduced fat kind) and having chai with milk! Wheee!
    I've Been Frosted

I am having a massive craving for McDonald's French fries. I made the mistake of hitting the drive-through a few days ago, which was very stupid of me. I've been trying to eat better in the days leading up to Thanksgiving, because I love turkey, cranberries, all the side dishes and pie for dessert. My sister-in-law is back on Weight Watchers again and doing great so far. She told me that a lot of vegetables and even some fruits are now zero points (most fruits were 1 point the last time I was on it). Thanksgiving is 2 weeks from yesterday. If I could not eat any fast food at all for the next two weeks. Nothing handed out a drive-through window. I just like food.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

I wish they had a mechanic's pack of band-aids....

I don't need fingertip band aids, I don't need the little tiny bandaids that come in the other assortment packs, I need a box of knuckle band aids.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I am so tired of it being in the 60's in middle November. It has been so warm and humid the past few days and I don't like it at all. I want the brisk Fall weather to come since after all, it is Fall Supposedly tonight or tomorrow it is supposed to drop into the 40's which is just fine with me.

Hope your weather is what you like where ever you are.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boy girl pilgrims.gif 
Views:	31 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	57433
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

We had a lovely warm and sunny day today, but I know the cold is coming for tomorrow, so I enjoyed it - I love most any weather, frankly. Which is one of the reasons I live here where I do!
    I've Been Frosted

We have another week of mid teens celcius/ mid 60 F coming up lol. As I was out and about yesterday I swore I saw some leaves on trees changing colour and today I definitely came across leaves turning red . I don't mind one bit if we don't have a spring or summer and skip strait to autumn/ Winter again.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfdx View Post
    We have another week of mid teens celcius/ mid 60 F coming up lol. As I was out and about yesterday I swore I saw some leaves on trees changing colour and today I definitely came across leaves turning red . I don't mind one bit if we don't have a spring or summer and skip strait to autumn/ Winter again.
    I'm with you girl, I totally agree

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cornucopia w pumpkins.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	57465

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

We have had such dark days (rain or heavy cloud cover lately) lately - not even counting the shortness of the actual "daylight" hours, that this year I don't mind if people have their Christmas lights out before Thanksgiving!
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, it was 50F here a couple of days ago and I saw people outdoors putting up their lights, taking advantage of the weather.

I got a post card in the mail today from Kohl's announcing that they will open at 8 PM on Thanksgiving Day with Black Friday specials. Are there any stores left that won't be open on Thanksgiving, I wonder?