Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Thanks, Elyse! I just posted a greeting in Dog General (crediting you, of course!) - http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...tional-Dog-Day!

from Pat and the cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I just paid off my Accrued Student Loan interest without any help from my parents! Pretty proud of that. It wasn't that much but I still feel somewhat accomplished!

Well done, Alyssa! Excellent!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I just paid off my Accrued Student Loan interest without any help from my parents! Pretty proud of that. It wasn't that much but I still feel somewhat accomplished!
    It is a big accomplishment!
    I've Been Frosted

Watching Project Runway, and seeing the ever-dignified Tim Gunn crouched on the floor so Swatch could lick his ear made me love both man and dog both even more!
    I've Been Frosted

Spent part of Labor Day clearing out. Parted with some old sweaters, skirts and pants (circa 1986 - why do I still have these?). Kept my Izod V-neck sweater and the one I wore for my college yearbook portrait - for sentimental reasons. Everything else went. Two boxes done; only elebenty bazillion more boxes and bags left.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Good god, what does it take to get an inaccurate textbook OUT of circulation?

3 years ago I pointed out inaccuracies with the 4th grade science textbook.

Now child #2 is in 4th grade, and it's the same junk they foisted off on my daughter. If I'm paying taxes, I want my tax money to be used well, not wasted on inaccurate JUNK!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Dear hypermilers,

I understand you're trying to get the best gas mileage humanly possible out of your Prius.

However, there's a time and a place for everything. Highway onramps merging into heavy (for the area) traffic is neither the time nor the place.

Yes, I drive a pickup. However, I still try to drive in an efficient manner. You almost wore said pickup while being a rolling roadblock while merging into traffic. The "yield" signs and common sense DO come into play.....
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I am sure weather forecasters gripe to each other about how much people make fun of them, but in all honesty, today is a good example. About an hour ago I looked at the weather forecast page for my zipcode on Weather.com. It had the predicted high of 71°F and actual temperature of 78°F and said "expect dry conditions over the next 6 hours." And it is now raining out - lightly, but it is raining!
    I've Been Frosted

I thought of our Canadian PTers today! On my way to work I was following a truck from Ingleside, Ontario. I was thinking that Chicago is a long way from Ontario!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I never realized until very recently, that squirrels eat pinecones.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

You would have to live out here Pom---- they not only eat them but last month we started seeing piles of pinecones all around the pine trees in preparation for winter. I love to watch when that activity starts, squirrels are scurrying from tree to tree, you can see the cones drop to the ground so they can be piled later. This year we're finding tons of small holes on the ground around the trees, almost looks like a little village being built from one tree to the next. More squirrels this year, I wonder if it could mean a mild winter. Did you know squirrels don't hibernate like other mammals Pom? On sunny days we see them trotting on top of the snow, probably going to a secret cache.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Why does anyone think this would be a good headline - I get spam saying "Life is short - have an affair!"

How is that supposed to make life any longer? Trying to squeeze more hours into the day never works, so ….

And why do some spammers think I will believe "The end of Obama is near"? He's in his second term, so obviously his Presidency has an end in sight, duh! That's how term limits work!
    I've Been Frosted

I need to move out.

When making oatmeal the old-fashioned way, believe the box when it says 1/2 cup oats (plus water, etc.) equals one serving! I doubled it, as when I use the intent oatmeal that comes in packets, one is not enough! I now have tomorrow's breakfast waiting in the fridge, will just need reheating!
    I've Been Frosted