Page 16 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I hate that t.v. commercial for ASPCA, where they show the caged/neglected/abused dogs and cats, and the background music is Willy Nelson singing "You Were Always On My Mind". It's so sad, and always makes me teary-eyed. I wish I wasn't such a marshmallow...............
    I know! I do not have the strength to watch it. I have to either mute it and not look or change the channel. I know I am weak. I wonder if those commercials help?

Those commercials are needless, and mainly support the ASPCA hierarchy, not local animal groups.

On another topic entirely, I bought a small pruning saw.

On the package? Warning: Blade is sharp.

I certainly hope so, it's a saw!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Burn Notice has stumped and shocked me time and time again...but this episode takes the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    What, praytell, does Band-Aid mean when they say something is waterproof? It's certainly not the same as my definition.........
    Isn't Band-Aid is a fund for needy musicians?

---------------------

If you arrange to be creamated and you are overcharged, are you burned twice?

When you drive downs the street and see a "SLOW CHILDREN" sign, does that mean the kids in the neighborhood are not that bright?

Why is there a sight on my NERF gun?

Why are 'easy opening' packages hard to close and "Reclosable" packages hard to open?

Why is it when I adjust the 'brightness' level on my TV, I still get the channel the Kardashians are on?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Just got sent a "Recipe of the Day" for homemade potato chips. Why in God's name would anyone want to make their own potato chips, given the amount opt effort, work and precision that goes into make a good, crispy chip, when any supermarket offers a plethora of choices with no more effort than picking a bag and paying for it?

Lots ands lots of things are better when homemade, but potato chips? Nah!
    I've Been Frosted

I do not understand why people complain about customer service all the time.

I spoke to a gent behind the counter today that was so professional it was scary.

Maybe it's the AHs that walk into businesses w/an attitude are the real problem?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

If you had been a fly on the wall with my last round of chats with Directv you'd understand why people complain about customer service.

Don't put me on hold then say "you weren't on hold, you were just waiting for our rep. The rep was still on the line". For 20 minutes? No, sorry, nothing takes that long for a simple issue that you told me you'd take care of a month ago.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Under the subcategory of weather oddities ...

We had thunderstorms yesterday, and the humidity and heat are still here, so are expecting another round today. The air is thick. I just had looked out the window, and noticed the wind was picking up, so decided to walk over and check the mail, and then move the car before the rain started. Mail hadn't come yet, moved the car, and then as I was shutting the car door rain started, big fat drops. I scooted inside, and walked to the back of the place to see if I needed to shut the screen door ... and it's not raining behind, just in front! How's that for a localized shower!
    I've Been Frosted

Just thinking..... the Republicans and the Democrats together raised well over 500 million dollars in the last three months. I wonder what the election would look like and which party would be elected if they both donated all these funds to a worthy cause or even the deficit, rather than spending them on negative advertizing?

I have class in an hour and a half and I'm still laying in bed. Ohh, college problems.
    Last edited by Alysser; 09-10-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of September 11, 2001 - date and day. I was thinking that today has been a lot like that day -- sunny, clear and warm. A beautiful September morning. I had started a new job the previous week, and was getting ready to go train with a co-worker who worked from home. I remember Katie Couric saying on the Today show that there was a strange incident involving a plane in Manhattan. I drove out to my co-worker's house and somehow we got through the day. When I got back to the office in late afternoon, they had news streaming on one of the computers and they had followed it most of the day. That's how I found out all that had taken place. Then all the planes were grounded. I live under a busy northbound approach to O'Hare, so no planes overhead was extremely weird and quiet. Big prayers for our world.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am running on 3 hours of sleep from last night, because I was up doing math homework. I still have to study for bio and wake up at 6 AM to get there on time. Why does anyone care? I don't know. I just don't get how I am not half dead right now. The weekend couldn't come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I am running on 3 hours of sleep from last night, because I was up doing math homework. I still have to study for bio and wake up at 6 AM to get there on time. Why does anyone care? I don't know. I just don't get how I am not half dead right now. The weekend couldn't come soon enough.
    Keep plugging away, kiddo! You can sleep on the weekend! We're pulling for you, you know that!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries

Hey

My dead old grandpappy said, " You can do whatever you want, grow a pair ", he was quite right.

Karen, your post made me really happy It's nice to know that. Sometimes, I just sit here wondering if all the stress is worth it, but this helped - thanks. I got a 90% on one quiz I had today, don't know about the 2nd on yet!