Thread: Random thoughts

Hybrid View

Random thoughts

I really shouldn't be reading John Ringo's writing and having "March of Cambreadth" running through my head while at work.....

(Add your own, and have fun!)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

google is my friend in this case....library here i come....thanks LH
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

If you're going to check out his books, I'd suggest "There Will be Dragons" for starters, or the Posleen series.

It's Sci-Fi, heavy on the military. The Vorpal Blade series is heavy on HARD science and military.

His books tend to be on the rough side, definitely not PG-13 rated material.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

But he's a fairly nice guy in person!

Random thought - with my hearing impairment, it's often hard to tell whether that noise is wind outside, or an airplane going overhead
    I've Been Frosted

I had a random thought but it went to get coffee; it's COLD here!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I just ate...am I really still hungry?

Dear Ford,

Would a drain plug on the tranny pan be too much to ask for?

Sincerely,

Irate mechanic.

PS: Tranny fluid does not make a good coffee mixer.

I assume you are referring to a drain plug on an Automatic transmission. If your transmissin fluid needs replacing so does your filter. All manufactures
    take the same approach. If you make it easy to replace fluid then the filter is neglected which over time will bring you to a halt. All manufactures, not just Ford, make you drop the pan if you are replacing fluid.

Live with the mess of dropping the pan and get that filter while it is off. I have fixed many transmissions for friends just by replacing fluid and filter.

My sons first car a 69 Charger was found sitting in a guys back yard with grass growing up around it. My son bought the car for $100 and with the investment of another $50, for fluid and filter, became the envy of the every kid in school. This was back in 1980 so the car had become hot hot hot because of the Dukes of Hazzard.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

I'm well aware that the filter needs to be changed along with the fluid, however, in the previous editions of this tranny, there was a drain plug that allowed you to drain the fluid without needing a 3 1/2 foot diameter catch pan. I really dislike wearing tranny fluid. Really looking forward to doing the truck this fall, that's going to be a true joy.