Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    I got my newest lab results back - One # is back to the "perfect" range and the other is just slightly elevated. Sooo... who knows what was going on last week! Either way, thank goodness!
    Yay! Very glad!
    I've Been Frosted

I told someone I'd get up at 7am to edit a paper. She was so thrilled! Then I remembered that I work an 11 hour shift tomorrow. I'm gonna be pooped!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    If water dries our skin out, then why do we slather on the hand and body lotion whose main ingredient is water, in an attempt to rehydrate/moisturize our dry skin???
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Why do the people frown in the "BEFORE" pictures for a product and smile in the "AFTER" photos?

And why do the people in the "BEFORE" pictures always look a mess, and then they have nice clothes and hair and makeup in the "AFTER" photos.. regardless of what they are demonstrating before and after of?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    And why do the people in the "BEFORE" pictures always look a mess, and then they have nice clothes and hair and makeup in the "AFTER" photos.. regardless of what they are demonstrating before and after of?
    Erma Bombeck once said she always noticed that in all the "before" and "after" shots for weight loss products, the woman has always gotten a great haircut, and said something along the lines of, "If I knew hair weighed that much, I'd just shave my head and be done with it!"
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Erma Bombeck once said she always noticed that in all the "before" and "after" shots for weight loss products, the woman has always gotten a great haircut, and said something along the lines of, "If I knew hair weighed that much, I'd just shave my head and be done with it!"
    OMG...Wasn't Erma B the living end?

She was way too funny and what would she think of things today?

When did an application become something to waste money on and not a piece to paper that gave you a chance to get a job to MAKE money?

Tablets were something the doctor gave you to make you feel better, not something to look up your illness on - and made you feel worse when you found out what you had?

Viruses made you sick, not your computer.

Why isn't Small Business Saturday held all year round?

Why was a suite written for a Nutcracker and not a Can Opener or a Microwave?

I am so excited! My dad took clippings of his Columnea and they rooted, so he gave me one! It has no blooms on it at the moment. We read on the Lyndon Lyon Web site that some species of Columnea don't bloom in cooler weather. Dad's did great over the summer outside, so much so that he gave it a "haircut" when it was bloomed out, before he brought it inside for the winter. I hope I can keep it growing over the winter, so that maybe next spring and summer it will bloom with the diving dolphin flowers. Here is a picture of the blooms from Michigan Bulb Co. Dad's has never had nearly this many blooms on it at one time. But they really do look like dolphins! They are in the same family as African violets and Streptocarpus. My dad was watering it once a week by setting it in a dish of water for about 30 minutes, like you can do with African violets. His is in a basket, so he waters it from above. Right now it's sitting on one of my old plastic crates from the dorm to keep it up off the counter. It's the coolest plant! I hope mine will do well.

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    When did an application become something to waste money on and not a piece to paper that gave you a chance to get a job to MAKE money?
    Welcome to the 21st century!

Tablets were something the doctor gave you to make you feel better, not something to look up your illness on - and made you feel worse when you found out what you had?
    Before that, tablets were stones upon which message were carved, so the new usage is closer to the old than the one you list!

Viruses made you sick, not your computer.
    They still do both - but trojan horses and phishing only happen to computers, so be thankful for that!

Why isn't Small Business Saturday held all year round?
    It is, it just doesn't get the press then. Year round, it's the "Shop Local" movement.

When Tchaikovsky wrote his famous piece, microwaves did not exist, and tin cans were not in common use. But are you SURE no suite has been written for the Can Opener by some avant garde composer? Hmmm?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    When Tchaikovsky wrote his famous piece, microwaves did not exist, and tin cans were not in common use. But are you SURE no suite has been written for the Can Opener by some avant garde composer? Hmmm?

Here's a piece featuring a typewriter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2LJ1i7222c

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

I just saw a pin on Pinterest that made me smile: "You know what I like most about people? Their pets."

You know you're not awake yet...

When you read a headline about a train crash in NJ and you read it as "Train derails, Rodents evacuated".
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    You know you're not awake yet...

When you read a headline about a train crash in NJ and you read it as "Train derails, Rodents evacuated".
    Hee hee hee - Paul calls that condition "animals on the brain!"
    I've Been Frosted

You know something is up with weather patterns when it's December and you still have dandelions blooming in the yard.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt