Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
I had to laugh at the "distressed baby" story in the news.

(One of the mucky mucks at AOL made a statement about having to pay out a million dollars in insurance for a child that was born prematurely-it also had something to do with a new 401k plan the company was to introduce but I don't care about that part of the story.......)

What is a 'distressed baby' and when did the preemie tag get changed?

-------------

Everytime I hear and see names/tags/titles get changed I have to stop, listen and try and figure out WTF people are talking about.

Like the health care "navigators" you can call to get help.

Navigate? No, I just want someone to answer my call and help me.

Growing up, drunks were drunks.

Now we have to call them "abusers" because they might be hurt and maybe start to 'self medicate'?

Really?
I read an article by one of the parents of his so-called "distressed babies" - and that is a term that :Mucky-Mucky" made up. She was born scarily premature, in what was otherwise a perfectly normal pregnancy, She is now happy and healthy, thanks to advances in medicine that did not exist 50 years ago. And while her parents are thankful every day that she is here, and were horrified watching the bills mount up as she fought to survive, they do not appreciate one bit being used as a scapegoat or the butt of a joke.