Thread: Random thoughts

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Why is Eggplant purple?
    It isn't always! This time of year, I walk past white eggplant, purple eggplant, purple and white eggplant, and even odd little green eggplant in the local fabulous produce market. But some are kind-of egg-shaped ... some more tubular, some more pear-shaped - there's an amazing variety. And I am allergic to them all, sadly!

And besides, in other parts of the world, they call them aubergines, which fashion now uses for a particular shade of purple ...
    I've Been Frosted

I so love that Search is working again, so I could find this thread instead of posting anew one!

Okay, the moment's random thought -

How ironic is it that the latest two messages in my email are a recipe for Potato and Cheddar Soup (from Cooking.com)
    and immediately underneath that, spam for
    "Cleveland Clinics: "Live Chat Heart Health"!
    I've Been Frosted

Not only did I fat finger the withdrawal amount from the ATM, I then hit correct instead of cancel (the keypad doesn't line up with the screen).

Never use an ATM before sufficient caffeine has been introduced to your system!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Not only did I fat finger the withdrawal amount from the ATM, I then hit correct instead of cancel (the keypad doesn't line up with the screen).

Never use an ATM before sufficient caffeine has been introduced to your system!
    Especially if you happen to be one of MY relations! We all learned early, when Dad was working rotating shifts, to put the coffee pot on as soon as we heard his feet hit the floor, regardless of what hour of the day it was!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Why can you sometimes see the moon during the day in daylight, but can't see the sun at night when it's dark?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Why can you sometimes see the moon during the day in daylight, but can't see the sun at night when it's dark?
    Now I am going to sit here all day wondering about that.

LOL,

It has to do with the moon not being a 'light generating' body. The reason you can see it during the day is that it has 'albedo', the ability to reflect light, so when the sun is opposite, it reflects off the moon and voila'. Moon over you house!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Now I am going to sit here all day wondering about that.

LOL,

It has to do with the moon not being a 'light generating' body. The reason you can see it during the day is that it has 'albedo', the ability to reflect light, so when the sun is opposite, it reflects off the moon and voila'. Moon over you house!
    Thanks - that makes sense! I was never much for the sciences - I was a numbers cruncher!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I have class in an hour and a half and I'm still laying in bed. Ohh, college problems.
    Last edited by Alysser; 09-10-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of September 11, 2001 - date and day. I was thinking that today has been a lot like that day -- sunny, clear and warm. A beautiful September morning. I had started a new job the previous week, and was getting ready to go train with a co-worker who worked from home. I remember Katie Couric saying on the Today show that there was a strange incident involving a plane in Manhattan. I drove out to my co-worker's house and somehow we got through the day. When I got back to the office in late afternoon, they had news streaming on one of the computers and they had followed it most of the day. That's how I found out all that had taken place. Then all the planes were grounded. I live under a busy northbound approach to O'Hare, so no planes overhead was extremely weird and quiet. Big prayers for our world.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am running on 3 hours of sleep from last night, because I was up doing math homework. I still have to study for bio and wake up at 6 AM to get there on time. Why does anyone care? I don't know. I just don't get how I am not half dead right now. The weekend couldn't come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I am running on 3 hours of sleep from last night, because I was up doing math homework. I still have to study for bio and wake up at 6 AM to get there on time. Why does anyone care? I don't know. I just don't get how I am not half dead right now. The weekend couldn't come soon enough.
    Keep plugging away, kiddo! You can sleep on the weekend! We're pulling for you, you know that!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries

Hey

My dead old grandpappy said, " You can do whatever you want, grow a pair ", he was quite right.

Karen, your post made me really happy It's nice to know that. Sometimes, I just sit here wondering if all the stress is worth it, but this helped - thanks. I got a 90% on one quiz I had today, don't know about the 2nd on yet!

Very good! We knew you could do it!
    I've Been Frosted