Page 35 of 75 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

I've seen a few license plates these past few days that have given me a smile ...
    HALDOL 5 (you must be a psych nurse! Does your other license plate say Ativan 2!?)
    XL MINI (on a Mini Countryman)
    ZPD DUDA (Why didn't I think of that? One of my favorite Disney songs!)
    LDY BUG (on a red VW Beetle)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    I'd be more upset with the politicians who allowed them to shed any trace of responsibility through the reorganization.
    I'm still so mad about this whole thing ... with GM, with the government (Let's hold hearings!) and with the local service department from whom I can't get clear information. I heard on the radio that GM is in the process of implementing a system under which any employee can speak up without fear of retaliation if they perceive a problem such as the faulty ignition switches. Apparently somewhere within GM it was known that senior management was aware of the potentially defective ignition switches, but allowed the cars to be sold anyway instead of correcting the problem at that time. And that nothing was done even though it would have cost around $2 per vehicle to make the change to a not-potentially-defective ignition switch. You mean to tell me that in as large a company as GM - an automotive industry icon - there is not already a culture of "if you see something, say something"? People died because of a decision that was made about these ignition switches. When my current Saturn gives up the ghost, I am done with GM.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I've seen a few license plates these past few days that have given me a smile ...
    HALDOL 5 (you must be a psych nurse! Does your other license plate say Ativan 2!?)
    XL MINI (on a Mini Countryman)
    ZPD DUDA (Why didn't I think of that? One of my favorite Disney songs!)
    LDY BUG (on a red VW Beetle)
    I saw two more today that gave me a HUGE smile...

GSD K9
    K9 PAW !!

I saw two more today that gave me a HUGE smile...

GSD K9
    K9 PAW !!
    One i saw the other morning:

FLFBTTS

On a Keeshund breeder's suv.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Dear National Geographic,

I find it very amusing that I can walk into almost any grocery store in the northeast of the US and buy a bag of "commercially extinct" Empire apples.

A little more research next time?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Talkest thee like Shakespeare this day? Methinks 'tis the rage...
    http://www.talklikeshakespeare.org/
    Happy 450th Birthday, William! (Why hast thou no Google Doodle?)

I'm still so mad about this whole thing ... with GM, with the government (Let's hold hearings!) and with the local service department from whom I can't get clear information. I heard on the radio that GM is in the process of implementing a system under which any employee can speak up without fear of retaliation if they perceive a problem such as the faulty ignition switches. Apparently somewhere within GM it was known that senior management was aware of the potentially defective ignition switches, but allowed the cars to be sold anyway instead of correcting the problem at that time. And that nothing was done even though it would have cost around $2 per vehicle to make the change to a not-potentially-defective ignition switch. You mean to tell me that in as large a company as GM - an automotive industry icon - there is not already a culture of "if you see something, say something"? People died because of a decision that was made about these ignition switches. When my current Saturn gives up the ghost, I am done with GM.
    Got a second notice about the ignition recall. Heard on the radio that some GM vehicles from the same model years are subject to another recall addressing power steering. I called the dealer's service department to try and find out if I could have the work done for both recalls at the same time. THey have no information on the power steering recall. Right now they are primarily ordering the ignition parts for each individual recalled vehicle when the owners call to inquire about the work. I couldn't believe it when I heard that. If you know you're going to be making the same repair on a LOT of cars, would you not arrange to have multiple units of those parts on hand in advance, rather than ordering them individually?! It takes 10-14 days to get the parts from the point they place the order and they only place an order when they have sufficient volume. Then, when they receive your parts, they call to schedule your appointment. This just seems bass-ackwards to me. My car has 75,000 miles and I'm hoping for at least another 50,000 before it has to be replaced. I get the impression that GM is still scrambling to address this whole thing, rather than planning and then communicating an organized response.

8. I should get to bed

The latest rage in news reporting is 'drone footage'.

Real crappy video from a drone that some idiot HAS to fly over an event or tragedy.

morons.

Why do spammers suddenly feel the need to send out tons of "pedophile" alerts -as in, "are you dating a pedophile," or "are your kids safe" when I am not dating anyone, despite their numerous offers of singles of various nationalities, ages, genders, etc. and have no children to worry about?
    I've Been Frosted

Why did I eat all of the lemon cake yesterday...I want some now...

Why does everybody think the new supermarket chain is the bee's knees. I wasn't that impressed.

I'd like a new car. Actually, I'd just like to go car shopping and see all the newest models, but I really don't want to take on car payments right now.

Now that it has been 2 years since I had my own dirt, I just unsubscribed to the Michigan Bulb's email list. This is growing season, and it was getting a little too sad! But I have my purple basil seeds, thanks, Lady's Human, and will plant those as soon as I can pick up some "dirt cookies" to start them in! I have decided the landing in back of the apartment might get enough sun to grow something in a pot, and it is public space, so hopefully it will work out okay! The stairs are rarely if ever used, so should be undisturbed!
    I've Been Frosted

I have a Physics exam in the morning and I'm surfing the internet in the middle of the night! >__< Terrible, terrible of me!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Why is it then when you go shopping for a particular item of clothing, you can find everything but what you had in mind and are looking for. And then at a later date you see exactly what you were looking for, but now don't want it or need it???? Exasperating!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~