Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    And they're complaining on the forum because Ford won't cover the issue on warranty coverage.
    There's no warranty on owner ignorance!
    I've Been Frosted

I am sure, in my hearts of hearts, that we will at some point pay for the fact that we have had two days of April weather not even halfway through January. I don't mind it being nice out, and being able to leave the house with only a sweater, not a jacket or coat, but it does leave me anticipating some dramatic payback in some form!
    I've Been Frosted

All this time.......

We got a Keurig for Christmas last year, and now I fond out I've been using it incorrectly.

It says under the cup holder "Do Not Use Without Adult Supervision".

All this time I've been breaking that rule.....
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I hate that disappointment when you realize while you have been busy doing work, your nice hot tea has gotten cold. Sigh. Just a random thought!

Lots of birds out today, chomping up all the seed I tossed out!
    I've Been Frosted

There's such a long stretch between New Year's Day and Memorial Day without a holiday. I guess that's what spring break is for.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Really, on a winter day, a constant kettle of hot water is all that's required. So far have had tea, chai, and oatmeal - and maybe soup later!
    I've Been Frosted

I heard on the news that a woman was charged with animal cruelty for leaving her dog outside in the cold. A neighbor called the city, but the dog didn't survive. Please, people, bring your pets indoors. It is just too cold out.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

The stupidity gets deeper.......

Bought a pressure gauge.

Steel, brass, plastic, used to measure air pressure, no ingestion is intended or anticipated.

On the back? "Warning: This product contains one or more chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defect or reproductive harm....."

I'm joining Wonko.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I heard on the news that a woman was charged with animal cruelty for leaving her dog outside in the cold. A neighbor called the city, but the dog didn't survive. Please, people, bring your pets indoors. It is just too cold out.
    And get this. Animal cruelty is a misdemeanor. I heard on news radio that a local shelter administrator has been working to get it bumped up to a felony.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    And get this. Animal cruelty is a misdemeanor. I heard on news radio that a local shelter administrator has been working to get it bumped up to a felony.
    I believe this varies state to state.
    I've Been Frosted

I heard this quote today and found it very encouraging. I've heard it before and I think it is by Eleanor Roosevelt. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Am I the only one who thinks "why is Payless sending me an ad for flowers" when I get an email with the header "Cute spring flats"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks "why is Payless sending me an ad for flowers" when I get an email with the header "Cute spring flats"?
    I think that may be a gender-specific thought. All guys shoes are basically flats, not so with we female humans.
    I've Been Frosted

I had to laugh at the "distressed baby" story in the news.

(One of the mucky mucks at AOL made a statement about having to pay out a million dollars in insurance for a child that was born prematurely-it also had something to do with a new 401k plan the company was to introduce but I don't care about that part of the story.......)

What is a 'distressed baby' and when did the preemie tag get changed?

-------------

Everytime I hear and see names/tags/titles get changed I have to stop, listen and try and figure out WTF people are talking about.

Like the health care "navigators" you can call to get help.

Navigate? No, I just want someone to answer my call and help me.

Growing up, drunks were drunks.

Now we have to call them "abusers" because they might be hurt and maybe start to 'self medicate'?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I had to laugh at the "distressed baby" story in the news.

(One of the mucky mucks at AOL made a statement about having to pay out a million dollars in insurance for a child that was born prematurely-it also had something to do with a new 401k plan the company was to introduce but I don't care about that part of the story.......)

What is a 'distressed baby' and when did the preemie tag get changed?

-------------

Everytime I hear and see names/tags/titles get changed I have to stop, listen and try and figure out WTF people are talking about.

Like the health care "navigators" you can call to get help.

Navigate? No, I just want someone to answer my call and help me.

Growing up, drunks were drunks.

Now we have to call them "abusers" because they might be hurt and maybe start to 'self medicate'?

Really?
    I read an article by one of the parents of his so-called "distressed babies" - and that is a term that :Mucky-Mucky" made up. She was born scarily premature, in what was otherwise a perfectly normal pregnancy, She is now happy and healthy, thanks to advances in medicine that did not exist 50 years ago. And while her parents are thankful every day that she is here, and were horrified watching the bills mount up as she fought to survive, they do not appreciate one bit being used as a scapegoat or the butt of a joke.
    I've Been Frosted