Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Somehow I don't think a legitimate court summons would be emailed to me.....
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I was just reading (and laughing) thru some old threads. So much FUNNY by so many people, now long gone from here. What a shame!! Too bad we can't somehow bring back the people and the fun that used to go on here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I was just reading (and laughing) thru some old threads. So much FUNNY by so many people, now long gone from here. What a shame!! Too bad we can't somehow bring back the people and the fun that used to go on here.
    Those that have gone on to the great beyond we cannot bring back, sadly! But other folks we can encourage to come on back!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Those that have gone on to the great beyond we cannot bring back, sadly! But other folks we can encourage to come on back!
    I didn't mean people that have gone to "the great beyond" - but rather people that have gone elsewhere and to social media sites. Unfortunately, I haven't observed any of them saying anything about wanting to return here. And I still don't see the attraction of FB and other "places of drama".............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

PT friends in the U.S., I received a phone call from this scam. It was just as this press release described it. I was stupid enough to call back to the toll-free number on my caller ID. It was a very scary phone call because of the information the caller claimed to have about me and the formality of the language she quoted. I was a little suspicious when she said she was from the "Internal Revenue Services" and also when she demanded immediate payment under threat of arrest. The village police were just here and told me they would have been notified in advance if a federal agent had a valid reason to arrest me. They referred me to the IRS Web site, which in turn referred me to the Inspector General's Web site. So please be careful if you get such a call. If you have both a land line and a cell phone, please use the other one to call the police while you keep the scammer on the line.

Thank you,
    Elyse

http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/press/...ta-2014-03.htm

Edited to add, I don't always agree with all of the ways the government uses my tax money, but I think this Web site and information is a good one. The village police officers told me that another person was asked for way more money than I was, and did pay it to the scammer.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

a question for Popcornbird or others who might be observing Ramadan

I was talking to a co-worker. I was about to go get some lunch from the cafeteria. Asked if she was going that way, we could walk together. She said no, she is fasting because it's Ramadan. I asked if I could bring her something to drink, which she declined. There are apparently a few more days left in the observance because she said she would be back to eating with our little group again next week.

Here are my questions- am I allowed to wish her a happy Ramadan? What kind of a holiday is it? Should I wish her an easy fast? She told me that her family eats a light meal after sunset. I'm not trying to be nosy or intrusive, just to get along better with someone who has a different faith tradition. Plus she has helped me on several occasions, for which I'm really grateful. Maybe I shouldn't even mention it further, just stick to conversation topics like the weather, fun summer activities, that sort of thing.

Thank you so much,
    Elyse

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Just because I can drink a gallon of ginger peach iced tea in a day, and have a plastic pitcher that holds almost a gallon at a time, that does not mean I should make a double batch at a time! The pitcher only fits on the bottom shelf in my fridge, and putting it in means I end up tipping the pitcher, and spilling tea!

And stopping an inch from the spout isn't enough, still made a mess.

Sigh.
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Ran into my neighbor again today. Every time I talk to her she feels the need to tell me that she is a Jehovah Witness. Then she proceeds to say that she would never try to convert me 'cuz I'm Catholic. Once that is out of her system, we have a lovely conversation! She's a sweetheart. I'm not Catholic, and I respect her and whatever she wants to believe. It is SO funny! Ha-ha, love 'er to death.

I am missing my kitty in a big way today. PT friends, could you please give your dogs, cats, bunnies, guinea pigs, chinchillas and other pets some big hugs for me today? Thank you

Will do, yes indeed, and thank you, Elyse!

We're all sending some virtual lovies to Cassie Angel and some big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRS~~~~ and from us to you.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Will do, yes indeed, and thank you, Elyse!

We're all sending some virtual lovies to Cassie Angel and some big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRS~~~~ and from us to you.
    Thank you so much. I saw a lady walking a black poodle on my way to work today- it was a nice day to take a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Well, what are the potential careers you are considering?

By the time I was 10 years old, I had narrowed it down to the careers I would want if I could be six people, but as I am stuck with there just being one of me, I went with what was always my #1 choice!
    Hah, well, I narrowed my list down to four. Computer Science, Botany, Psychology, Nutrition. Well, my sister came over the other day and we asked her what I should do now. So she crossed all the options, leaving Nutrition saying I should follow my sis. Haha! My sister actually applied and was accepted in a very nice college, thank God. She decided on doing BSc. in Nutrition. Well, we all discussed this and Nutrition is really a good option and was on my list too. It has a lot of scope these days, at least in Pakistan, yeah.
    Well, I applied for Fine Arts. Pray I get accepted. I have an interview on around the 22nd of this month! And my friend too. We're both applying at the same college. Pray we get accepted!!! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Thank you so much. I saw a lady walking a black poodle on my way to work today- it was a nice day to take a walk.
    Lovely! I bet you went to work with a smile.

Sparkler was love-bombing me when I first read this last night. She, and we all, send the emotions on.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

August 26 is National Dog Day. Here's a link. http://www.nationaldogday.com/#!about1/c141h Please hug your PT goggies for me, friends

My random thought for today was, I habitually will not put on my socks until I have to leave the apartment for some reason and will need to put shoes on my feet.

My reasoning is, if they aren;t on my feet, they won't get holes as fast ... as my feet apparently eat socks.
    I've Been Frosted