Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Is the nagging feeling that something's going to screw up when working on a project experience or paranoia?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Is the nagging feeling that something's going to screw up when working on a project experience or paranoia?
    Both?

Today's random thought:

By, am I glad my olds insisted I NOT rely on student loans for college, and worked hard to make that so. I have been getting a slew of "Repay your student loans" spam ...
    I've Been Frosted

yes!

And Karen, I'm getting spam inviting me to order medications from Russia for my erectile dysfunction #embarrassed!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    yes!

And Karen, I'm getting spam inviting me to order medications from Russia for my erectile dysfunction #embarrassed!
    Oh, I have gotten those for years! It is amusing to get spam to treat body parts one does not even have, isn't it?

As well as diseases one does not have ... I do not have diabetes, I am not a smoker, nor have I ever suffered from mesothelioma!
    I've Been Frosted

The elementary school near where I work was open today (Veterans' Day). They had an assembly at the end of the school day, to mark the day. Parents and families were invited, too. When I was in grade school, we always got a day off on Veterans' Day. I think it makes more sense to have school and to have some sort of an observance. I wasn't a big fan of either Veterans' Day or Memorial Day until I did my graduate student rotations at the VA. Caring for veterans gave both holidays a new meaning.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Okay - truly random thought - I forgot to buy milk, so the only good dairy product in the fridge was some heavy cream. Heavy cream on oatmeal - even when diluted with water - is a very odd experience! It was oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon and born sugar, so it was task, but ... will definitely remember to buy milk this evening!
    I've Been Frosted

Just had a purchase blocked for being "suspicious activity"...

Because it was an overseas purchase.

Just thought I'd let the UK pet talkers know that my bank's fraud department automatically flags purchases made in the UK as probable fraud.

Evidently they haven't heard about this funny thing called a global economy.

Last year they "protected" me from buying a television in a store in person.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Just had a purchase blocked for being "suspicious activity"...

Because it was an overseas purchase.

Just thought I'd let the UK pet talkers know that my bank's fraud department automatically flags purchases made in the UK as probable fraud.
    Wow, that's odd! Can you call them and get them to okay it?
    I've Been Frosted

I was tempted to make this a puzzle but decided to put it here instead. "The secret to life is to put yourself in the right lighting. For some it's a Broadway spotlight; for others, a lamplit desk." -- Susan Cain, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking

Oh, one more thing. Today's Dog of the Day Meadow is a Podenco Ibicenco who was rescued from Spain and now lives in California. Last week we had a Dog of the Day named Baltasar, who was also rescued from Spain and lives in Canada - he is a Galgo Dog, though. Two dogs from Spain in the same month on Dog of the Day! Thank you, Karen and Paul for selecting these two dogs because I learned a lot from each one AND I got to enjoy their wonderful stories and pictures. I hope they will both have very long, happy, fun-filled lives!

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Oh, one more thing. Today's Dog of the Day Meadow is a Podenco Ibicenco who was rescued from Spain and now lives in California. Last week we had a Dog of the Day named Baltasar, who was also rescued from Spain and lives in Canada - he is a Galgo Dog, though. Two dogs from Spain in the same month on Dog of the Day! Thank you, Karen and Paul for selecting these two dogs because I learned a lot from each one AND I got to enjoy their wonderful stories and pictures. I hope they will both have very long, happy, fun-filled lives!
    So glad you enjoyed them! we love sharing happy stories and different dogs' tales with the world!
    I've Been Frosted

I dearly wish I could go into work and NOT be involved in the politics of the Union...

however I basically burned that bridge when I transferred into a facility with extremely weak leadership in the Union and a lot of members looking for change.

No windmill is safe ...
    I've Been Frosted

Is there a problem when your Christmas shopping list includes 12 pounds of coffee?

Is there a problem when your Christmas shopping list includes 12 pounds of coffee?
    When there are Swedish genes in the mix? I think it would be a problem if there were NO coffee or coffee-related items on your Christmas list!
    I've Been Frosted