Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Note to self - one spoonful of instant coffee is plenty to make "iced 'coffee'" for myself! I dissolved two teaspoons full in some hot water, then added sugar, milk and ice, and it was way too dark - it was actually like coffee a normal person might drink! The horror!
    Actually, the sounds quite good!

Tequila Sunrise, My Rainbow Bridge Guardian Angel

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    My dad has a bird feeder in the back yard and he and my mom enjoy watching the birds as they visit. (And the kitties too ) Today they saw a rose-breasted grosbeak (sp?) in the grass under the feeder.
    Cool, I haven't seen one of those in years!
    I've Been Frosted

I have a question for those of you who use an iPod. Fry's Electronics has the iPod Shuffle on sale for $45. I sit in an office at work with two other people. One has a radio that she sometimes plays for us, but not always. The office is super quiet and I just need some background music. I'm wondering ... should I go get the iPod? You pay by the song on iTunes, correct? Can I transfer songs from CDs onto iPod? An iPod would be an ideal solution because I could listen with ear buds. It would not disturb my other co-worker, who likes quiet. Should I save up for the iPod Nano, though? If you have an iPhone, does it also function as an iPod? I heard on the news that the iPhone is now the most popular camera in America.

And Taz Zoee, guess what song is stuck in my head again? Pink and Nate Ruess! I like that song sooo much!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I have a question for those of you who use an iPod. Fry's Electronics has the iPod Shuffle on sale for $45. I sit in an office at work with two other people. One has a radio that she sometimes plays for us, but not always. The office is super quiet and I just need some background music. I'm wondering ... should I go get the iPod? You pay by the song on iTunes, correct? Can I transfer songs from CDs onto iPod? An iPod would be an ideal solution because I could listen with ear buds. It would not disturb my other co-worker, who likes quiet. Should I save up for the iPod Nano, though? If you have an iPhone, does it also function as an iPod? I heard on the news that the iPhone is now the most popular camera in America.

And Taz Zoee, guess what song is stuck in my head again? Pink and Nate Ruess! I like that song sooo much!
    Yes, you can load an CD into iTunes, so the music will be on your iPod! I love my little iPod, make sure yours come with earphones so you don't need a dock for it! You can buy songs on iTunes, or other places, too - they are usually 99¢ or so, and then they are yours. And there are always free ones. You can also susbscribe to pod cats, that you can set to download onto your iPod! Let me know if you have any other questions!
    I've Been Frosted

Note to self:

Clean out cache files, temps, etc BEFORE running a root level antivirus scan.

3 hours is a touch long to wait......
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

On my way to work today I saw three 18-wheel trucks marked "Taylor Swift RED Tour 2013". Must have been taking her sets and equipment to the next tour stop. I know she has a date in Chicago in August ... I wonder where they were coming from, or where they were headed. I'm guessing Taylor Swift doesn't travel in an 18-wheel truck from city to city! I wonder if she has a bus like some stars do, or if she goes by airplane. She's so young and so successful. Lots of talent, that girl.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I look at "Mutts" every day (I get it by e-mail), and I love it too, Elyse. And the "Shelter Stories" (which he does every year) also make me very sad, for the same reason. I want to bring every one of them home, too.

Who else has seen "Mutts" this week? There is a new character - a cicada! It's been a fun week with the new guy

I saw it!

I heard on the radio yesterday that that really is happening: the cicadas are coming out after 17 years. I don't know any more about it.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I got about 20 feet away from one of the Bald Eagles at work today, great experience and made a bunch of 4th graders extremely happy!

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I saw it!

I heard on the radio yesterday that that really is happening: the cicadas are coming out after 17 years. I don't know any more about it.

The Brood II Cicadas have already invaded in North Jersey, I haven't seen them yet! They are distinctly different from normal Dog Day Cicadas, and have red eyes. They leave there creepy exo-skeletons everywhere.

I read in the newspaper that a company started selling T-shirts with "Chicago Stronger" printed on them, a take-off from the famous "Boston Strong". They quickly got complaints and stopped selling the T-shirts. They've said the profits from those shirts will be given to charity. I think that was the right action for them to take. What happened at the Boston Marathon was tragic, but many people responded quickly to help save others. There was a lot of strength shown in Boston that day and since. The company could have put "Sweet Home Chicago" or "Windy City" or something else on the shirts they sold in Chicago.

I read in the newspaper that a company started selling T-shirts with "Chicago Stronger" printed on them, a take-off from the famous "Boston Strong". They quickly got complaints and stopped selling the T-shirts. They've said the profits from those shirts will be given to charity. I think that was the right action for them to take. What happened at the Boston Marathon was tragic, but many people responded quickly to help save others. There was a lot of strength shown in Boston that day and since. The company could have put "Sweet Home Chicago" or "Windy City" or something else on the shirts they sold in Chicago.
    I like "Sweet Home Chicago." I'll buy that t-shirt when I come to Chicago on the road trip!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by fritz03 View Post
    Thanks Phesina for starting this Canada Day thread,cloudy where we are,a little windy,no rain until around midnight into Tuesday.Having a Ham Steak cooked on the barbecue.
    This sounds delicious, Barry! My dad got a new grill from the whole family for Father's Day. I should pick up a ham steak and a can of pineapple rings to put on the grill over the weekend. Thank you for the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Note to self:

Clean out cache files, temps, etc BEFORE running a root level antivirus scan.

3 hours is a touch long to wait......
    I feel your pain......
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

There was a serious airplane crash on Saturday in San Francisco, California. 180 people were hurt and two were killed. And a freight train derailed in Quebec, caused a chemical spill and people had to be evacuated. Scary.