Thread: can anyone help me with what breed my dog is?

can anyone help me with what breed my dog is?

i got her back in september at the coondog trials in lima ohio. they told me she was a plott hound/cur mix. ive never heard of either of these breeds but i think she looks alot like a bluetick. they also docked her tail.. please can anyone help?!?!?

Cur is just another word for mutt. How tall is she? Do you know how old she is?
    I've Been Frosted

she was only 4 weeks when i got her. so i say shes about 5 months almost. she now is about too my knee

so cute!!.. do you have full body pics.. and side pics?.. she looks like blue tick.. but many hounds can have that pattern..

we have a few hound owners here who´ll love to see more of her.. as well as the rest of us.. hehe
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

i made a album of a bunch of pictures of her.. im not really good with adding pictures to these things. the album is until my name.

are her spots black or liver.. in some pics they look liver.. and reminds me of a GSP.. German Shorthaired Pointer
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

their black.she has the hound bark which makes me think she is a hound of some sort.

She's cute! I would say bluetick coonhound mix. I have a treeing walker coonhound mix and he is a wonderful dog. He'll be 6 next month.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

yeah i think i was right with bluetick. but what could she be mixed with.. i dont see any plott hound in her.

Looks like jack russel to me in her

She sure is cute!!

here's a nifty link on the different types of Curs. Curs are dogs who have been bred not for looks but rather performance durring hunting

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/curs.htm

EDIT: I know dog breed info is not really a reliable source for accurate information. But from here you can see at least a few examples of Curs and follow the wonderful world of Google!

Quote Originally Posted by cane76 View Post
    Google that b*tches
    I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back. -Doug

hello

i looked up blue cur and there's one similar and she looks like she might be a blue Queensland heeler