Thread: If ya'lls site is the same as mine I know you're tired of these dog food threads, but

If ya'lls site is the same as mine I know you're tired of these dog food threads, but

I have to lmao.

I'm debating whether or not to go back to raw now that the pups are older, and their nutrition needs are not so different than the adult dogs now. It will save me a bunch of money, but IDK if it's really worth the effort to prepare meals for 6 dogs.

The raw diet worked GREAT for my healthy dogs, but then there is Neela who has all kinds of allergies. It does wonders for her, but she's allergic to all other protien sources readily available to us besides fish. We've even went out and bought lamb roasts for this dog.Since she's limited to the fish,it has stripped all the fat and it now has worked on leaning out her muscle. I have no problem with a dog who has a low percentage of fat, but the muscle is not being sacrificed. I cannot find a manufactured food which doesn't give her the allergies which are followed by the secondary infections.

Do any of you guys know of a good affordable meat supplier... my butchers around here grind their scraps... and it would be awesome to find a meat supplier which offers alternative meats to try to open up neelas protien sources.

EDIT: I have got to figure out how to save money... this is the only plausible way for me to do it and not sacrifice the nutrition expecations I have.

Tell Neela she can have my fish, I'll eat the chicken. I have lots of food allergies, too. Where in the US are you?
    I've Been Frosted

haha she would love some chicken too, but chicken doesn't love poor neela. We're in northern florida... I've thought about trying alligator, I need to get organ meats into her diet as well. Once in a while we throw her a big meaty beef rib bone to prevent tartar build up. She loves it, but it screws her up every time!

I'm allergic to beef as well. Peanut butter? That's got some protein ... I am also allergic to lamb, beef, and fish, so get my protein mostly from poultry and cheese.

Does she react badly to lamb?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I'm allergic to beef as well. Peanut butter? That's got some protein ... I am also allergic to lamb, beef, and fish, so get my protein mostly from poultry and cheese.

Does she react badly to lamb?
    She gets the runs at first, then comes the the infection of the skin and ears. Oh yeah, she's allergic to peanuts. We've had two seperate allergy tests done on her... a blood panel and a skin test. She's practically allergic to everything under the sun from house dust, flies, to the grass on my lawn... then the food...dun dun dun, yeast, poultry, beef, pork ect. I know Pork is supposed to be taboo with the raw diet, but I haven't had poor results with the healthy dogs as long as it has been completely frozen before hand.

Hmm, tofu? Though she might be soy allergic. Sounds like fish it is! And cheese?
    I've Been Frosted

haha yes, there is a soy allergy. Yeah I figured this is all I can do... I just don't need new neighbors moving in, seeing my bag of bones and calling the AC&C on me. She eats better than we do in all honesty, she just eats TOO healthy!