Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cat not well with dilated pupils

This is good news that your girl seems to be back!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

It turned out that my Kitty's bloods were normal for kidneys etc but found that she has heart trouble. We gave her a tablet once a day to keep her blood pressure under control and somedays she would eat and drink more, but her mobility became worse as her back legs were working but not very well at all. He had her in the vets for a day on Friday to boost her fluid intake. Yesterday my cat ate nothing and she seemed to make a small grown if you moved her a little sometimes and then she would start going round in circles trying to get comfortable and would always sleep on her left side only. By this time she could hardly walk but would still purr this morning.

It became apparent last night that we were going to lose Kitty
    We took her to the vet and he agreed that we'd tried everything to save her and said that her behaviour we explained had ben happening over the last couple of days indicated that perhaps it was a brain tumor behind all the symtoms we'd seen over the last few weeks.
    Kitty was put to sleep very peacefully this morning and I'm very sad to lose such a lovely little kitty who would put her paw up to me for me to give her five Wonderful memories of my little Kitty.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Ten years is not that old but when a cat is sick, they can age quickly. At least now she's at peace, can walk just fine and will be pain free. RIP, sweet Kitty.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so sad to hear this. Dear little Kitty - she had more love from you than she could have dreamed of.

Kitty, run free at the Bridge, and please send your humans purrs in their sleep so they know you are ok.

My condolences. {{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry to read about your precious girl!!! Even though it was a tough decision, it was done out of love for her....Sleep softly sweet Kitty girl....
    Nine is Fine!!

I am so very sorry to read your thread about the passing of your dear kitty, rest in peace little one,condolences to you and your family, it is always so hard to loose one of our dearly beloved furbabies, and so un-expected to.

Take comfort in knowing Kitty is now at peace, kitty will be chasing butterflies at the Rainbow Bridge now for sure.

Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

So very sorry to hear the news. I know how heartbroken you must be. My thoughts are with you.

I wonder if her heart problems had anything to do with the paralysis of her hind legs. One of our resident cats at work had a blood clot from heart problems which is what caused us to lose her. http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=144658

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP sweet girl. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry to hear the news. My condolences and prayers go out to you with the loss of your kitty.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. My prays are with you. It's never easy. But you did what was right for her.

Melissa

Thanks for your kind words, hopefully it will get easier but I'll always miss my little kitty.

Our cat kallie started having dilated pupils before she went blind. She is also
    deaf now. Kallie is around 17, i think, There is indications that she might be diabetic.

If your cat has thyroid issues it would be hyper rather than Hypo. With Hypo
    your cat would be seeking warm places rather than cool places.