Hi

My cat has been to the vets 3 times in the last 3 weeks and each time they gave her a steriod injection as she's been off her food. She's about 10 years old but in recent months she started lying on cold surfaces what she's not normally do. Then only recently (a month or so) she started being off her food and started to lose weight. She doesn't go outside that much when she's well either.

We went to the vet again on the 23rd Dec as her pupils looked quite dilated and I pointed this out to the vet and she doesn't seem to look at me propery as though her eyesight was going. The vet also gave her a vitamin injection. She still eats but mainly out of my hand with chicken or she does eat salmon if its under her nose (but a smaller portion than normal) as she cant seem to be able to see anything in the last couple of days and looks like she's hobbling around rather than walking.

Up until the last week or so she could run up the steps, jump onto tables etc etc but not now, she has problems being able to see and even jumping onto the sofa looks like it causes her problems.
I can't understand how she has deteriorated so quickly within a couple of weeks.

I've searched on the Net for possible causes and I can't see it being Hypothiroid as she's not eating a lot or drinking much for that matter - she is going for a pee but no more than usual and also needs help finding her litter tray now. They checked her temp at the vet (which was normal) and felt her kidneys and she said they weren't particularly small so unlikely to be kidney desease.

So the only real conculsion I can come up with is blood pressure problem...but what's the underlying problem that's causing it? As I know it can detach the cat's retinas. The vet hasn't checked her pressure on the 3 occasions I've been recently. But if she's still ok - ish on 28th Dec I'll be taking her again to make sure her blood pressure is checked and what can be done for her eyesight. As I think she's become worrried and disoriented with the lack of vision.

I'm really worried :-(

Any help/advise or similar experiences would help

Thanks

Karl