Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bob's breed

OK... one more week

to wait for Bob's DNA tests, Since they don't seem to have a broad database on terriers, I am thinking that they are going to come back with a Parson's Russel. I can't wait. Curiosity is getting the better of me!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bobs results

OK... so Bob's DNA results came back. AND GUESS what??? They have 3 DNA matches (as is common in mutts). And the results are rated by LEVELS. Level 1 is over 75% ; 2 is 30-74% ; 3 is 19-30& and 4 is 10-19% - if you are following all of that. Well his highest level is 2 and it was DNA from a Lhasa Apso then there was a believable level 4 for a Beagle (he does have a high prey drive and will scent trail), but get this - he got a level 3 for a GREAT DANE???!!! I guess anything is possible. LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

haha.. Ok the Lhasa and Beagle I buy that.. but Dane.. well.. maybe a greatgreatgreatgrand parent ..lol..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Maybe they don't have Wheatons in the database - I don't see any Great Dane in him at all, but the hair is definitely very Wheaton-like, as well as Lhasa Apso.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Maybe they don't have Wheatons in the database - I don't see any Great Dane in him at all, but the hair is definitely very Wheaton-like, as well as Lhasa Apso.
    No Karen, Wheatons were not in their data base. As were not many other fairly popular breeds, but it was interesting and to see the results was fun. Reading about the Lhasas sounded like they had Bob totally pegged. Quite the watchdog and he doesn't not like strangers. He hears things in middle of the night that no-one else does - and he flies down the stair to look out the window and bark. Usually a passing car or cat or worse yet - someone actually walking out in the street. He wakes up everyone and usually scares whoever or whatever is outside. A very interesting observation was that they say that Lhasas coats start out often patchy and with colors. But often fade and become blonde other neutral color as the hair lengthens. THAT IS JUST WHAT BOB's did.

Great dane???

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    will be looking forward for those results.. hehe

my bets..
    beagle, schnauzer, wheaten terrier.. lol
    Husky Mom, you were right - kinda. We thought Terrier for sure too, but I guess a Lhasa is a terrier of a sort... but that Great Dane thing... I dunno.

hello

how about Tibetan terrier or shit-zu mixed with Tibetan terrier

Those DNA tests are pretty much just a money making sceme. I would not take what they say as gospal.

I see a lot of JRT in him and maybe something with a longer coat.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

LOL...I did not see the results until just now. Great Dane...wow. Too funny. Was he kissing a Great Dane before the test?