Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another depressing Christmas eve...

Another depressing Christmas eve...

Christmas Eve in my family is spent at my cousin's house. In the past, it was fun. But the only 3 cousins I have left are involved in a family feud. It's gotten to the point that the my male cousin (he has 2 sisters who are busy bodies) and they don't speak. Jack decided that this starting this year he was taking his family to Cancun for the holiday, rather than expose his family to a very "cold, volitile" situation. Can't blame him.

I came home tonight totally depressed. Why? Because the only family I have left is my brother who lives in NC and I miss him terribly. I also miss the relatives that are no longer here. It seems that I go through this every year and I'm getting tired of it. I'm even thinking of doing what my cousin Jack did. Go somewhere where it's warm, sunny and the only thing going through my mind is the wonderful fresh, salt air.

Thanks for listening. I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh I am so sorry. Actually your idea of going away some where is brillant. You can start saving now, and in a year you can take a nice trip somewhere. Maybe a singles cruise? Some where nice and warm where you can spoil yourself and be good to yourself. You deserve much happiness, love, laughter and health.

I'm here for you Donna. And you've got your fur babies. What better family is there than that?
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

It took me two years...but this Christmas Mom is actually coming over HERE! And my best friend and her fiance are joining us.

I love making stuffing and roasting a turkey - and Mom is really involved. She was over here making the dining room table all pretty, and I told her she has to make her kickass mashed potatoes!

Donna, it takes a while...I pray that you can invite some people over next year. Tonight's meeting - several people talked about close relatives that they had totally detached from. They wished them no ill, or anything - but they had learned that being with these people just was not healthy for them.

One person quoted from a book: "Just because I forgive someone doesn't mean I have to trust them."

It's Lucy's first Christmas...how is she?

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Maybe next year you might just take a break you know if your family wakes up and realizes they want to be together then great but sometimes you can't count on family to be a family. I guess its times like these that we at pet talk are thankful for our pets because we see all the admirable traits in them and we try to replicate that sometimes. Dog people admire a dogs they are creatures of great many skills and gifts and yet they are so happy with simple love and affection and a bone every once and a while. Some people even call them humble. Cat people admire cats for their own skills and gifts and how well a cat can take pride in just taking down one small mouse or mouse toy at a time. How relaxed cats can be and so calming just to be around one. Now every animal has its gift to show the world as every person as something to offer, their gifts their skills.

We here at Pet Talk, we do have pets and love them most are more like our best friends, or children. Though like parents sometimes we realize that the world isn't about us, and sometimes people tend to forget that. Sometimes we do things because we love each other and not because we want to.

I'm sorry your family is not considerate and fight but maybe someday soon they will see a better way.

I'm sorry you're so depressed this Christmas Eve. I wouldn't think that'd be much fun to be alone. You sound like a really nice lady and I hope you find something to do or think about that will get your mind off of the sad stuff going on in your life right now. I hope by this time next year things are better for you ;] And atleast you have your animals to keep you company, right? ;] Take Care & Merry Christmas!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I'm sorry your Christmas Eve wasn't so great. Why not go visit your brother next year for Christmas? He probably misses you as much as you miss him. Don't wait for an invitation, just come right out and tell him you want to spend next Christmas with him.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

The holidays can be depressing for me, truly. My mother died on Dec. 7 and the following year my sister died on Xmas eve. This year my little Pidgie Pie died just a few days before Xmas. My solution is to have as many friends as possible to my house for a good meal and love and laughter. We share a cup of kindness and it's a healing balm to the soul. It's also my gift to them b/c I find it tedious and unfulfilling to give gifts that they probably don't need or want and that they'll eventually regift anyhow. If it isn't in the budget to pay for it all, my friends kick in by bringing a covered dish b/c the important thing is the friendship. We can either indulge our depression or take control and have a memorable holiday. Maybe give it a whirl next year, Donna. Merry Christmas.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Donna, if the weather (or your car!) isn't too bad next year, C'mon over to Concordia! I don't think you could be depressed when you see me!

I'm really sorry, Donna, and I can totally relate to that! My Christmas also tends to be depressing (like our Christmas dinner tonight, for which my mother prepared the meal my sister wanted to eat, only to learn that my sister and her husband are now most likely going to spend the evening with her hubby's mother).

At least Christmas Eve was better than expected since my sister was more talkative as she used to be on such occasions. However, my BIL barely spoke a word, as usual.

Kirsten

Donna, I'm sorry you're having a depressing time this year. You know if you were cloesr, you would be welcome here! Then you'd go screaming back to Connecticut with a migraine after the chaos here!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Sometimes you just have to take those lemons and make lemonade. Here's hoping there's a way for you to do that in the future.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a brighter New Year.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Ellie,

If I had lemons, I'd make whiskey sours. The hell with the lemonade. I think what bothered me the most was everytime I tried to have a conversation with someone, it's interrupted as if I wasn't even there.

I'll have fun at my friend Susie's house. She's like a sister to me. I'll also be glad when this whole thing is over.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Did you wish your sponsor a Merry Christmas?

A little prezzie is on its way to you...I ordered the same for me too!

At a recent meeting, a number of people talked about how they can get stinkin' thinkin' thoughts that will lead right back to the bottle. That would mean a NOT so happy Christmas.

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Catty1,

Thank you so much! No amount of stinking thinking is going to drive me back to drinking, I don't care how bad it gets. I was joking about the whiskey sours.