Thread: NorthFace Jackets

NorthFace Jackets

Hey I was thinking about buying one of those jackets. I was thinking about getting one off ebay cause everywhere else like in stores they are over $100 and they're alot cheaper online. But I was wondering if anyone here knew a few things...ok...I found one I like alot but it has a hood on it and I probably wouldn't wear the hood. I know you can take the hoods off some of them, but can you take it off all of them? And also I think I'd need a small. I'm pretty little...would I need a petite small? how do they fit? or would just a regular small be ok?
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

My girls have them, and they can't believe they paid the money they did for them (this was when they lived at home last year and didn't have to worry about little things like bills) And both girls say they're just fleece jackets. Not warmer than the affordable ones at old Navy. No special features. Just two arm holes and a zipper. and a fancy name sewn on the outside so people see you paid $100 for your fleece jacket. They were fleeced! (ha ha, get it?)

Have you checked Amazon? I use a particular brand walking shoe, and I purchased two pair through Amazon for what I paid for one pair in a local store.

The best advice I can give you about features and fit is to look at brick and mortar stores to see what you can learn by touching and trying them on. Then go look online for the style that you want. If you find one that you didn't see in a store that you like, read the description carefully and any reviews that may be available.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

I have two, both bought at REI on clearance. My one is just no hoodie, a turtleneck with a short zipper, and I think it cost about $20. It's actually really comfortable and pretty warm.

Niņo & Eliza

My jackets, which cost much less than North Face's jackets, are a ton warmer and more comfortable, in my opinion.

I have two NF down jackets that I have had for years.
    NF makes really good and sturdy stuff.

----------

My jackets both have detachable hoods, I bought one mail order and the other thru the Sports Chalet chain. I would say buy the hood with it because you never know when you will need one. Even here in California!

Buying mail order when you know what you want or have seen the model you are interested in helps. I lost my first jacket, so replacing it was easy, I knew the model and size already.

Some hints?

Clearance and outlet stores will have what you need or what you are looking for. Last year's colors are this year's bargains.

For a while NF put out some ghastly colors that really didn't sell well. In the spring they unload what didn't go over well with the public and you will find stuff at 30-60% off.

Really good bargains for top notch clothing/jackets.

If you are looking for good cheap fleece? Check out Target or Walmart.

I have 4 fleece pullovers (LOL, DO NOT BUY DARK COLORS IF YOU HAVE A WHITE CAT) that I picked up at Target and I have worn out two of them-busted zippers and pinholes- But,they are just as good as the NorthFace, Columbia, A16, Chouinard stuff.

You really are buying a logo when you buy stuff that is in season.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    LOL, DO NOT BUY DARK COLORS IF YOU HAVE A WHITE CAT
    Oh really?

I got this NF jacket today from my sister. http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/...=&cm_vc=Search

and she ordered it online, both a small and medium. I am petite as well, and the Medium fits best. The sizes are very fitted...Even with the medium I'm not certain if I could wear it over anything too thick.

My brothers have jackets like these... but I don't. I just think they are a "brand" to go by and that's why they cost so much money. I have a Columbia jacket I bought (very similar to NorthFace) and it was only $20 at Dick's... it's comfortable, but I wouldn't recommend it for the winter time.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    LOL, DO NOT BUY DARK COLORS IF YOU HAVE A WHITE CAT
    But what color should I buy Richard, my dog is black and white! Does that mean I should wear grey?

Niņo & Eliza

Silken Fleece....that's soft like cotton, right?? Just wanted to make sure.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Try 2nd hand stores. I would wait another few weeks, most winter coats will be on sale.

Also, I don't know where in the US you live. I am in Ohio, and it does get cold- most of Jan and Feb are below 40. BUT, I almost never wear a coat. I am just not in the outside for long periods of time to justify that kind of money for a coat..just something to think about. When I do go out, I layer up as I am walking or something.

I will never forget buying this huge red puffy down coat. I couldn't wear it anywhere...it was much too warm. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    But what color should I buy Richard, my dog is black and white! Does that mean I should wear grey?
    Absolutely!

Really, what do I know about color coordination?

I am a man.