Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Lord this place is hopping!

Good Lord this place is hopping!

I can't believe I haven't found out about this place before... it seems like a BUNCH of great information floating around here. StaffyDaddy and Mom76 told me about this place a few days ago.

I'm here to give my grand intro... I forgot to bring my pocket red carpet, but this'll have to do. I brought the beer at least, even though I don't drink! hahaha... you'll find this probably pretty annoying, but I crack myself up, type exactly how I am feeling, and what I'm thinking. It's not always a bad thing... I'm not a hateful person lmao!

I currently have 6 dogs... 4 American Bullies, 1 APBT, and one...umm well, we just call him our Dingo! We rescued him when he was a wee pup about 6 years ago from our local animal care and control. 2 dogs are altered... The other four I'm doing confirmation as well as obedience trials.

I bought my first American Bully after doing about 4 years of research and one on one experience. I bought her on a co-own contract which required me to do one breeding with her back to her breeder with him keeping a puppy out of that litter well, it really has panned out well she had 3 puppies... I'm a woman and I get what I whine about most of the time... I was able to whine and sweet talk the breeder into not taking his pick and I kept all three of the puppies. I could NEVER go through all of that heart ache again. There's a lot more to the story after they were born which I'd elaborate on if ya'll wish. lol

I've done some rescue over the last few years. You can't save them all, but everyone that you do get the opportunity to help breaks your heart and fills you with joy all at the same time.

I hope to get to know some great people here, and I can't wait to start digging back into the forums!

Welcome! Yes, I encourage you to read away, there's lots of depth here, and many subjects have been covered over time!

Funny enough, someone recently rediscovered the original thread with which I started this board - over in Dog Behavior - "Dogs Who Lean
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome to Pet Talk & Enjoy.. Yes we talk about alot of different things here.. Now we would love some pics of your babies..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Welcome glad to have you here, I'm new also

hey.. welcome.. can´t wait to hear more from your crew.. and to see a few pics wouldn´t hurt ya know they sound lovely..

glad you took the plunge and joined us..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Post those chubsters already Shanaynay!

I haven't had my pig fix today

Hahaha Staffy, I just did!

Welcome, welcome, always good to meet new people! My Pinot girl is wondering about this influx of doggie people - NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT - some of her best friends are doggies, but ... you know...

Seriously, great to have you here!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Welcome, welcome, always good to meet new people! My Pinot girl is wondering about this influx of doggie people - NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT - some of her best friends are doggies, but ... you know...

No one's fur kids will try and bother Pinot Theyre all angels I can vouch for em

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post

I'm not here to cause trouble. I love all animals. Yes, I am a part of another dog specific forum and was told about this site. I came after the mess was sorted out between everyone because I didn't want to seem like part of the influx... too late for that now huh???? haha I enjoy meeting new people and learning as much as I can.

My goals here are:
    1) learn different opinions and techniques on training
    2) learn more about health and nutrition
    3) learn more about different temperaments in other dogs
    3) meet great people and make life long bonds

I have my other forums to learn more about my specific breeds of choice, but I have no where for my Jarvis hahaha! I know this really isn't the specific place for it, but I'm interested in learning in behavioral issues and how to correct them. In the long run I want to work full time hands on with dogs with OB training and problem solving, it doesn't hurt to help people along the way.

EDIT: I have an ancient kitty I left with my mother as well. She's not to standard, but she's a tortie persian. I'll try to get some pictures up of her soon. She was 7 when I moved out so I didn't think it was fair to her to up root her out of the home she's always known. She's about 13 now.

IBC,

WELCOME!!!!! This place is great!! Got questions about animal care??? Lots of people with experience in various species of animals. I know you'll love it!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You do conformation AND Agility? Where do you find the TIME!

Hi and welcome, seems you will fit right in with all the craziness here. We LOVE photos.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    IBC,

WELCOME!!!!! This place is great!! Got questions about animal care??? Lots of people with experience in various species of animals. I know you'll love it!!
    I don't have questions in particular at this time, but I do like to hear other peoples experiences. These kinds of places are perfect for learning from others. I've been into animals, nurtition, and training since i was very young. I was a problem child way back, and animals were where I learned to focus my energy positively.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    You do conformation AND Agility? Where do you find the TIME!

Hi and welcome, seems you will fit right in with all the craziness here. We LOVE photos.
    I thought about doing agility to be honest with you... one of my dogs, Pig, would just LOVE it... but she would not do great in competition with the NADAC or the USDAA. They're just simply not meant for speed. I sent her to a trainer who focused on her knack for loving obsticles on the agility course, she has many NADAC and USDAA titles on her own animals. At this point in time it's just something we do in our free time for Pig to enjoy.

What I am working on getting the pups towards are titles in Competition obedience and competition Rally (basically on lead obedience) with the UKC. They aren't ready to compete right yet, but we're getting there!

Confirmation is very political so I don't bank on getting titles there. We have our first show on Janurary 16th in Birmingham Alabama.

To be honest even with all of that I barely find the time. My goal by the end of the year is to try to get a small clientelle up to offer puppy and basic obedience. Hopefully, by the end of the year next year I'll be able to add an intermediet class. Animals are where my passion is, and this desk jockey job is not where I want to be!

EDIT: I have some pictures up in the General Dog discussion forum

Hi IBC, is good to see you here and those pics ofyour crew, y aknow I love them, those mugs and you sound like me, always busy, weight pull, OB, agility, Rally, confirmation, hahaha girl, need a clone and welcome to PT

Thanks so much Tye. To be honest with you I do have a clone...well as clone as possible lmfao my sister looks JUST like me. In the last 2 months I started having her come out and help me with the dogs durring the day while I'm away at work.